Newton, NJ
Sussex County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sussex County Community College

Fixed  rate loan

Sydney

I just earned my degree here and I definitely recommend the school to anyone who is unsure of what they want to do or want to save money. I was accepted into several other schools but decided to go here since it was the cheapest. Professors are very hit or miss here but I assume that is the same at most schools (If you have the opportunity to take a chem class take Dr. Love, he is the best). I am now transferring to a pretty good college (F&M) and I believe that they prepared me for it.

Carson

I took two courses at Sussex County Community College as a high school student as a way for me to prepare for my enrollment at Rutgers University this fall. I took Introduction to Political Science and Macroeconomics. The workload was a bit difficult for me to manage at times, but my professors were always willing to help us out. They kept regular office hours and always invited us to visit when we needed anything from them. While sometimes strict, the professors were friendly overall, and they kept a good humor while teaching. While the subject matter of the courses wasn't always the most interesting, the classes themselves were enjoyable and very informative overall. The college has a fantastic program, called Jump Start, where local high school students are able to take college-level courses on campus and get the experience of studying on a real college campus, for a reduced tuition rate. I would gladly recommend Sussex County Community College to college and high school students in my area.

Justina

My overall opinion of Sussex County Community College is that it's a great place to start if you're unsure about what to do after high school, or even after deciding that you want to change your life path. Students come from local high schools, after serving in the military, after having kids, or to start a new chapter of their lives with local education. Most faculty and staff care about the students and understand that a lot of SCCC students work and have families in addition to being full time students. This rural college is so much more than it seems, and sees potential in every student.

Karleigh

Although there is no on-campus or off-campus dormitories, the student life here is great. The atmosphere at Sussex County Community College is honestly filled with supportive groups all year round. The athletics groups all have an approachable aura and help other students and fellow teammates with anything and everything. There are also plenty of times where I will pass students who are working together in our halls on a project, giving advice, and offering support in some situations. The professors here are always willing to help in any scenario because they truly want you to succeed here. Despite some large classes, each professor takes time to make sure each student is understanding the class. The campus is beautiful and close to town so everyone can learn the area quickly, which is extremely useful. I wish more people knew about how great Sussex County Community College is so they could come experience this radiant new world as much as I have so far.

Connor

I am glad that I chose Sussex County community college. I enjoyed my experiences there and it is a great place to start, especially if you don't know exactly what you want to major in. It made it easy to transfer from High school to college. I would recommend it

Alex

Its grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat

Kylie

This is a great, money-saving option for those students who are undecided, short on money, or a parent going back to school. Some campus fees that we pay (especially for sciences) are a little hefty. However, there are scholarships available throughout both semesters as well as other opportunities to help cut down your tuition cost. Most of the professors here are very helpful and understanding when personal conflicts arise. I am very happy with my choice!

Sussex County Community College is a homey, succsessful, close-knit, family of students and teachers who actually care about our futures.

I could see it all now, a blast from the past that I would have never expected. I feel it would be like a "Scrooge" setting, where a ghost from the past brings me to one of those days in high school. I walked through the doors of the media center, and saw her sitting at one of the tabels alone with her headphones on. I sat down. She looks up and swears in amazment. "Yes, it's true" I said to her, "it's your future self!" I can see all the questions about to spill from her mouth. "Before you said a word Little Me, let me give you advice that may just change everything," I paused and waited for a response. She hushed and opened her ears. "College is coming up for you soon and quick, and I just want to forwarn you that college needs to be number one in your life. I understand that work, friends, and boys get in the way sometimes but never stop studying! Education is everything so don't get caught up in life's little things... you'll regret it." She nodded, and the dream faded away.

I attend a small community college in Newton, NJ. There are many good things that come along with a local college. I would consider the best thing about my school is how close all the students and teachers are. We can all talk to eachother here, it's like everyone is your friend. The support the students have for eachother is enormous, you'll always have a classmate to converse with about the previous nights homework or a huge project that's due next week. Everyone has the same mind set at SCCC, it's time to start our journey.

Arielle

My classmates are determined to achieve high goals.

My classmates are determined to achieve high goals.

If I could go back in time, I would have told myself about the financial advantages of going to a community college first. If I had known the advantages before I started applying to colleges, I would not have spent the money to apply to the many colleges and universities I had and could have used that money more wisely. I would have also told myself to do my best in my classes. Although I did very well, I know I could have done better, especially with math. I have always had trouble with that subject when I was younger, but I never helped myself to understand it. Instead, I just went through the motions and never asked questions. I now know that if I had been more active instead of blaming the teacher that he or she "cannot teach", I would have been more confident in my learning ability. Also, I would have been able to tell myself about the difference in teaching style used in college. College professors explain less than high school teachers and expect the students to research the subjects on their own. I could have prepared myself by developing better study skills and time management.

Allowing smoking outside is frustrating to me since I do not smoke and am forced to breathe it in.

Caitlin

I would say to make sure to take your time in thinking about where you want to go and have fun with it!

Sussex County Community College is a great way to start out your journey to a four year, the teachers work hands on and make sure you are comfortable and understand what you are learning. It's a great place to get to know different people from all over the county.

Sussex County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.