Sussex County Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Sussex County Community College

Karleigh

Although there is no on-campus or off-campus dormitories, the student life here is great. The atmosphere at Sussex County Community College is honestly filled with supportive groups all year round. The athletics groups all have an approachable aura and help other students and fellow teammates with anything and everything. There are also plenty of times where I will pass students who are working together in our halls on a project, giving advice, and offering support in some situations. The professors here are always willing to help in any scenario because they truly want you to succeed here. Despite some large classes, each professor takes time to make sure each student is understanding the class. The campus is beautiful and close to town so everyone can learn the area quickly, which is extremely useful. I wish more people knew about how great Sussex County Community College is so they could come experience this radiant new world as much as I have so far.

Carson

I took two courses at Sussex County Community College as a high school student as a way for me to prepare for my enrollment at Rutgers University this fall. I took Introduction to Political Science and Macroeconomics. The workload was a bit difficult for me to manage at times, but my professors were always willing to help us out. They kept regular office hours and always invited us to visit when we needed anything from them. While sometimes strict, the professors were friendly overall, and they kept a good humor while teaching. While the subject matter of the courses wasn't always the most interesting, the classes themselves were enjoyable and very informative overall. The college has a fantastic program, called Jump Start, where local high school students are able to take college-level courses on campus and get the experience of studying on a real college campus, for a reduced tuition rate. I would gladly recommend Sussex County Community College to college and high school students in my area.

Kylie

This is a great, money-saving option for those students who are undecided, short on money, or a parent going back to school. Some campus fees that we pay (especially for sciences) are a little hefty. However, there are scholarships available throughout both semesters as well as other opportunities to help cut down your tuition cost. Most of the professors here are very helpful and understanding when personal conflicts arise. I am very happy with my choice!

Alex

Its grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat

Connor

I am glad that I chose Sussex County community college. I enjoyed my experiences there and it is a great place to start, especially if you don't know exactly what you want to major in. It made it easy to transfer from High school to college. I would recommend it

Justina

My overall opinion of Sussex County Community College is that it's a great place to start if you're unsure about what to do after high school, or even after deciding that you want to change your life path. Students come from local high schools, after serving in the military, after having kids, or to start a new chapter of their lives with local education. Most faculty and staff care about the students and understand that a lot of SCCC students work and have families in addition to being full time students. This rural college is so much more than it seems, and sees potential in every student.

Sydney

I just earned my degree here and I definitely recommend the school to anyone who is unsure of what they want to do or want to save money. I was accepted into several other schools but decided to go here since it was the cheapest. Professors are very hit or miss here but I assume that is the same at most schools (If you have the opportunity to take a chem class take Dr. Love, he is the best). I am now transferring to a pretty good college (F&M) and I believe that they prepared me for it.