Swarthmore College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Swarthmore College

Paige

Swarthmore is a fantastic place. For the academically dedicated and enthusiastic student, it is the perfect home away from home. Students, teachers, faculty, and the outside Swarthmore community are extremely friendly. With a beautiful campus (we have trees for days) and easy access to Philly, Swarthmore provides a good balance.

Jorge

The academics are intense, and professors are world-class. Highly respected by graduate schools. The best thing about this place, however, are the people and the environment. Everyone here is either insanely smart or extremely hard working; usually, it's some combination of the two.

Brittni

Great school with amazing academics in a small setting. It's the perfect place to form close relationships with friends and have close relationships with your professors! The meal plan has improved over the years so there are more options for what to eat. All the dorms are very livable and offer the chance to form bonds with your hallmates, even if some dorms might be a little more loved than others.

Zoe

I think Swarthmore College is a great school, but you really have to be a certain type of person to like it here. It's very much a work hard, party hard school. Also, be prepared for constant stress. There's not a whole lot to do unless you're in one or two of the big clubs like Ultimate or want to go to frat parties.

Zheng

It's okay.

Daniel

Since the moment I arrived to Swarthmore through the fly-in program in October of 2017 I loved the campus. It is not only the fact that the campus itself, filled with all kinds of tress, plants and flowers, is utterly pleasing to the sight, but it is Swarthmore's community that make it amazing. The best memory I have from those two days is the fact that no matter who I talked to, student, faculty or staff they all seemed to love whatever it is that they do in the college. That is the way I feel to this day. There is nowhere else I rather be and I could not be happier to be here.

Swarthmore College has exceeded every single one of my expectations and even surprised me with things I didn't know the college could offer me. the professors at Swarthmore hold regular office hours and, in my personal experience, every one of my professors has been willing to meet outside of those allotted office hours if they do not work for a particular student. The campus community is extremely supportive, and Swarthmore is a place I have been welcomed wholeheartedly, making the place feel like home

Olivia

Good school, could do better financial aid for returning students. They genuinely want students to succeed and offer an extreme amount of resources to make that happen. If you have a question a professor is always available to talk to you. There are numerous help sessions. Students work together well and it is not competitive at all.

Jonathan

Swarthmore's academics are practically unmatched. My experience in the political science department has been phenomenal, as professors are always available via email and are known for responding thoughtfully and swiftly. Outside of the classroom, Swarthmore has built an incredible accepting society, especially for LGBTQ+ students. The largest issue I have had with the school is the town of Swarthmore; there is little to do off campus unless you plan on going into Philadelphia, a considerable financial and time commitment.

Shaadiin

I love Swarthmore! I like the small class sizes and all the people I have met so far. One of my favorite things is getting to explore outside of my major. It was cool to take an Intro to Astronomy course and be able to use the telescope that is on campus.

Karen

The people are extremely rude and opinionated and think they are the best at everything when in reality they aren't. The food and housing sucks and without a car there is nothing to do here. Yeah there are parties, but they're even worse than the ones I went to in high school. The academics are pretty good but besides that, theres really nothing special about this place. Yes getting a good job is important but college is supposed to be fun and not super stressful. The athletes think they're all that but it's not even D1...If you are looking for a traditional college experience, don't come here. The people are freaks.