Syracuse, NY
Syracuse University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Syracuse University

cece
syr

its huge and always busy

syr

its huge and always busy

gina
Syracuse Universiy is worst school ever!!!!

Syracuse Universiy is worst school ever!!!!

The most cliquey, relentless, horrible, stuck up, nasty, self-doubt, malicious, un-empathetic, egotistical brain dead faculty and students I have ever met. BY the way the greek system is awful they purposefully avoid you if they know you are not in greek, the frats are even worse just a bunch of mindless nobodies going onto drinking. By the way I like to have a good time too...but Jesus even during the week there will be ambulances for those who got alcohol poisoning. Lol by the way I'm not a geek if I'm not greek...greeks had to pay to have friends lol you are literally paying so um.... no Im not desperate or a geek (as survey suggested)lol I go out every weekend with my friends but of course have to be careful because.....you guessed it....roofies, people around here are disgusting! STAY AWAY FRO SU IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE! oh fyi ....every week I get a email saying to be on the lookout because someone got robbed?

I think they care more about money than they do about the actual student's education. They put most of their effort into the athletic programs because that is what makes them money. If you are a middle to upper class white student, no matter if you have good grades or not, it is almost impossible to get financial aid in the form of scholarships. Also the city is ugly and the weather sucks for most of the school year.

Someone who is unsure of what they want to do but may think of picking up a major that is not common. Syracuse has mostly "generic" majors and not many that are unique.

Tyler

The most frustrating thing about Syracuse University is none other than the cold weather! From below freezing temperatures all winter to daily snow, the weather eventually gets tiresome. There is also a lot of walking at this big university. Combine that with bad weather and below par plowing, and you may want to reconsider where to apply!

The worst thing about Syracuse University is the far walks to class during the freezing cold winter!

Chase

Syracuse University is a passionate and highly-rewarding school where opportunities are seemingly endless.

Syracuse University isn't for people who can't stand the cold.

AUBREY

Syracuse is a great mix of academics, athletics, and Greek life.

Syracuse is a great mix of academics, athletics, and Greek life.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself a few things about college life and making the transition. Your test scores do not define you or determine your success. High aptitude with a poor attitude is recipe for failure. I would have taken my studies more seriously in high school. While getting good grades is a nice benefit to having a study regime, the truth is that structure makes the transition to college freshman much easier. Eating healthy and exercising regularly are also good habits to pick up now and decreases the chances of the dreaded freshman fifteen later. Apply for scholarships every year to lessen your loan debt and you do NOT need to go on spring break if it means borrowing more money from Sallie May. College is a time to step out of your comfort zone and make friends with people of various races, religions, socioeconomic statuses, sexual orientations, and political affiliations. People who challenge your beliefs often help you grow the most. Lastly, learning occurs both inside and outside of the classroom so, go Greek but, also go to class!

Emilia

I love my school! The opportunity to study at a great school has been such a privilege and I'm thankful to my family for making it happen. I'm on the sailing team, a member of Syracuse University Ambulance and will be taking advantage of the study abroad program starting this summer.

I think that athletics at Syracuse is the biggest thing. If you're an athlete you will fit in here. You don't have to be a D1 athlete though! There are club teams and people who get together and play just for fun. It's a different atmosphere at a sporty school and it makes college a lot more fun. The spirit and pride is crazy and going to a game of any kind is an experience. There is also something for everyone though. The amount of clubs to join are endless and when you meet people who enjoy the same things as you, you find your niche.

Some would say that the students are very social life oriented and all about partying but that is not entirely true. Students like to enjoy themselves but just as much as any other college student at any school. We have a good balance of fun and rigorous academic life. I am never bored either way.

Nathan

If I could to go back time and advise my younger self on college life and how to get the most out of it I would tell myself to step out of my comfort zone. I have never been unable to get friends and I am not socially unacceptable, however, I am just not the kind of person that will start a conversation with a random stranger. I am a member of the Syracuse football team so when I first arrived I automatically had 100 guys to call my friends. In my opinion this hindered my development socially. This is because I limited myself to my teammates and did not branch out to other students. In addition, being who I am I wasn't very comfortable with just going around my floor and introducing myself to all the other students. This led me to have few friends who were not on sports teams. I would tell my high school self to just leave my little bubble and introduce myself to other people during that first semester. That everyone else is as scared and timid as I am and that nothing bad can come from just saying hello.

In my opinion, the worst part about Syracuse university is the artic like atmosphere that manifests itself between the months of December, January, and February. I mean I am originally from Maryland where it does go below freezing during the winter, however, when you wake up in the morning and see that it is -12 degrees and your nose hairs freeze on your way to class, that just flat out sucks.

Someone whom is anti-social and does not like to participate in group activities would not be a good match for Syracuse. This is because there are so many opportunities to get involved and interact with all sorts of people from all walks of life at this University. I personally did not get involved during my first semester and I regret it. So my goal for this semester is to get more involved and make friendships that, hopeully, I will have through the rest of my life.

Endless opportunities are here, you just need keep your eyes open.

Endless opportunities are here, you just need keep your eyes open.

I love how the entire Syracuse community, both locals and students, wear orange and support our teams. It creates a closer community feel.

I would tell myself to take a deep breath and know that everything will be okay! I would really consider looking into my true interests instead of brushing them off as things that I could never turn into jobs.

Syracuse University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.