Syracuse, NY
Syracuse University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Syracuse University

Shari

The advice i'd give myself is to always listen to myself at the end of the day. There are always going to be people in your ear telling what you should and shouldn't do but at the end of the day you're the one who has live with the decision you make. Even when you're not sure, it's always best to go with your own gut and opinion rather someone elses. I'd also tell myself that parties, drugs, and sex are still something that I don't need to experience. Those things hold individuals back from getting a degree and a lot of times just cause more problems. Focus on quality time with family, getting that degree, and finding out who you are as a person. Last but not least work hard everday!!! Never in a million years get comfortable because in order to walk across that stage you have to do hours of studying, hours of homework, and days/weeks of no social life. God, Family, School, and You are your top priorities!

Dustan

I would tell myself that you need to be mentally ready and know what you want out of your education and to pick something that your intrested in and inhances your gifts in life and work hard to obtain it.

william

If I could go back in time and give one piece of advice to myself as a high school senior it would be look for scholarships. Going to college is such an incredible experience, but it costs a lot of money to attend a university. Now that you are going to graduate school and looking for scholarships, it is crazy of how much free money there is to attend a university. I would tell myself to look up scholarship diligently and often because there are people who would pay for your education.

Sydney

I have a variety of different classmates. Some attend every class, pay attention and take notes. Others come in late or not at all and goof off the whole time.

College isn't as big and scary as everyone thinks. It's what you make it. College isn't going to hold your hand the whole time like in highschool. You won't pass with flying colors if you don't make the effort. It's your job to come to class and make sure you understand the material. If you need help, you go to your teachers office hours or get a tutor. On the other hand, make sure you balance out your social life. There are so many people from so many different places, you're bound to meet someone who you just click with. Yes you can party but remember to balance. You have the freedom to make choices, just make sure you're picking the right one. Overall all if you're not having fun and enjoying your experience, you're not doing it right.

A person who easily gets lost in the shuffle. People who don't like large universities should not attend here. People who want to shy away in class and don't want to get any extra help will not succeed at this university.

Sara

My classmates are young and eager to learn about a life they have yet to live.

My classmates are young and eager to learn about a life they have yet to live.

Firstly, go to college!!! We live in a society in which a college degree or vocational certification is required for well paying jobs. In terms of transitioning to college, remind yourself that now is the time to spread your wings. Do not confine yourself to the social groups that you were comfortable in, in high school--branch out, meet different people. Also, respect your professors--it will go a long way.

Nadia

The biggest advice I would tell myself, would be not to procrastinate. I would also tell myself to find several different ways to study .My hardest transition was the fast pace and demand on my homework, esp my English essays. Since I was homeschooled all my life, I had to get used to sitting in a classroom as well. I would also tell myself to go to the workshops and do the extra credit the teacher gave us, because you could really need it. Even though I passed all my classes my first semester, I would have liked the extra credit. I also learned depending on your social life, sometimes your friends should wait and school is for sure the #1 priority. Overall I would tell myself, don't procastinate and take every opportunity to get good grades!

I would tell myself to take each day at a time and not get overwhelmed. Work on your time management and organizational skills. Cherish this time in college and take all the opportunities you can to make friends and try new things. Keep a job to make money but also make time to socialize. Remember that studying is important. Take advantage of the knowledge of your professors. Network and make connections. Go to more sporting events and concerts. It will take time to get used to the new setting and lifestyle but you are blessed to go to this school so be happy.

It's diverse and accepting. It's very liberal. There are a lot of great classes to choose from. The school spirit is great.

It costs a lot of money and tuition seems to keep going up.

Kenia

The school is best known for our basketball team as well as certain schools like New House and Whitman.

I would advice myself to take less courses, especially the first semester. I would also advice myself to become active in campus as soon as possible.

The worst thing is that everything is not in walking distance. You need to reply on public transportation or have a car.

Aiyana

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to practice opening up to people and be braver in regards to meeting new people. I was rarely the kind of person to go up to a random person and begin a conversation, and even when I did, I could barely hold the conversation for too long before my awkwardness and shyness kicked in. This trait was hard to shake when I got into college, where I, like everyone else, knew no one. It was hard to make friends because I hadn’t learned how to be more spontaneous and open to meeting new people. I learned that having a group of friends to hang out with is a very important aspect to college life. If I could go back in time, I’d definitely tell myself to make some changes to my social skills and to start meeting new people everywhere I could. Practice makes perfect, and I am now getting better at being more sociable!

The worst thing about my school would have to be that it doesn't have a big college town righ outside the school. There are a few restaurants and stores, but in order to get to other shopping, lively, or downtown areas, you have to travel by bus.

Someone who doesn't like small class sizes where the teacher knows all the student's names shouldn't attend this school. Many of the classes are small in size and the teachers are close to their students. If someone prefers a lot of classes with big numbers, this school isn't for them.

Syracuse University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.