Syracuse, NY
Syracuse University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Syracuse University

Mariah

There are a lot of sorority/fraternity people who can be ditzy or blockheaded, but overall there is a lot of variety that includes students from all different countries, very free spirited and artsy students, athletic people, really smart people, and people that make you wonder how they got in.

Since my major is known widely as one of the hardest at the University, I was afraid I wouldn't really have time for extracirriculars. I didn't really get involved in some things that I wanted to because I figured why bother? I wasn't going to have time to see them through because my coursework would take up too much of my time. I would tell my high school self not to restrict myself or use my coursework assumptions as excuses for not getting involved. I ended up finding out there were people in my major who were involved in the very same clubs and activities I was interested in (like ski club, for example). I would tell myself that freshman year is the lightest year as far as coursework goes and is meant for trying new things--so go for it! Do what you want and if it doesn't work out, then fine, at least you know and are sure you didn't miss out on something great!

I don't like how big greek life is on campus; the statistic is that supposedly 30% of students are involved in it but it feels like a lot more so that you feel excluded if you are not a part of it.

Veronica

When I look back to high school days, I see a hopelessly timid, quiet, and overly cautious girl. Many students look back to high school and say, ”I wish I focused harder, tried harder, and avoided the sways of procrastination.” Of coarse I look back and point out that I could have studied a little harder (everyone can always do better), but a lack of focus was never a problem for me in high school. My inability to be outgoing prevented me from reaching my highest potential. Now in college, I think, “why was I so afraid?” If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself, “Life gets much better than this Veronica. There is no need to be afraid and shy, for it only holds you back. You are a smart, talented, and funny young lady. Let the world know it! Speak up! Sharing your ideas will not only help you improve in school, but it may even help other students improve as well. You will be surprised how much a positive change in attitude will help you succeed not only in college, but in everything you do”.

Krishna

In one sentence, I would describe my school as a group of hard-working individuals who fill up any extra time they have with having fun with friends and achieving post-undergrad goals.

Our school is best known for its Law School, Newhouse, the basketball team, and the entertainment on campus.

If I could go back in time and give my high school senior self any advice, it would be to never doubt yourself. You know what you love, so go for it. I spent so much of my time earlier on trying to make others happy that I forgot who I was and what my passions were. I wish I had accepted those earlier on. I would also advise myself to exhaust all financial options as soon as possible. It has always been a struggle financially at Syracuse, but I think if I had realized this earlier and prepared myself, my parents and I would have had an easier time. Despite the advice I would give myself, my time at Syracuse has been enjoyable, even through the tough times Even if I had the chance, I wouldn't give up my experience at this university for the world.

SAHIL

College will grant you the ability to actively participate and immerse yourself in any subject hat interests you. Too often, students focus on theory and the text of a subject, often neglecting the human element. As a college student, you will be able to continue learning about everything and anything you could think of. The individuals in the text book are no longer obscure names, you will see them teaching and mentoring you everyday. You will enjoy being a student and should be grateful for the numerous opportunities you will have in college. From community service to studying abroad in a country that is no where similar to the United States. Be prepared to challenge yourself in a different capacity. Continue to be educated, network, and eventually improve the world. Sure, the transition will be hard. You won’t have your mothers food, nor will you have the comforts of home. But this is all in part of, as corny as it sounds, growing up. You will see so much more diversity, intellect, and enthusiastic students that you will never see anywhere else. This is truly, an opportunity of a lifetime.

This is a rather odd and hard question to answer. The worst thing about Syracuse University, in my opinion, would probably be the cold winters. I come from California, so this was the first time I was ever in the snow. The city of Syracuse can be very different from campus. There’s almost a line that separates the campus and the city. Thus, when there is no school, the city is a bit dry. Nonetheless, Syracuse University is a great institution!

Syracuse University is a school that challenges you: academically and socially Academically, you have teachers who are experts and have written books about the subject they are teaching. Socially, there are so many different clubs and sports events to attend to, that it will be a little hard to manage your time. I believe that is part of the reason why Syracuse Alumni tend to have so much pride. Because they have overcome these academic and social challenges. Therefore, if you don’t want to attend to these challenges, Syracuse University may not necessarily be for you.

edam

My classmates are dedicated people who exceed the expectations of our profesors.

What is certainly unique about Syracuse University is the weather. Learning how to walk downhill in snow or thin ice is what makes my weekly routine interesting. But, the weather is just one part of the reason I chose Syracuse as my future alma mater. I considered Iowa State, Penn State and Rutgers. I got accepted to all. The reason I am in Syracuse University is because it allowed me to fulfill my future plans of becoming a physicist and a painter. Out of those universities I mentioned Syracuse allows me to combine those two majors.

Edam,Remember the weeks you spent trying to learn a monologue and at the day of presentation you choked in front of your class? But, after that, you recovered and did it so smooth that you got a standing ovation. Our life is somewhat like that. The product will not always be as perfect as we imagined, but the effort you put in the process will show. The long days of breakdance practice and creating choreography to prepare the team may seem meaningless, but will pay off. A lifestyle of independence that you hope for will become a reality and the family problems you face will arrange themselves in a way that you may not like. But, please take on the challenge of being more productive toward your family and your art. Focus Edam, but in all, do what makes you feel accomplished because not knowing what is to come adds that sense of adventure to our life. “Look forward, for only pigs look down when they walk, even a dog has the decency to raise its head once in a while”. These wise words from our grandmother will always stick with us, and you will soon understand their importance.

Zoe

My classmates are focused on dedicated to their studies, and are not afraid to help others out when they are struggling.

The worst thing about Syracuse University is the social life around the campus. A person can get sidetracked with how many parties and activities going on around the campus. A student if not careful can let these activities effect their grades.

Amy

My school is welcoming, accepting, focused on helping it's students to succeed, and spirited.

My classmates seem focused and driven, wanting to succeed in each of their classes.

I would tell myself to get a better sleeping and homework schedule. I tend to put things off until the last minute. Though it usually works for me, I know I would feel better If I got things done and out of the way. I would also tell myself to be involved in more things. I'm not a junior and wish I had joined a club or two during my freshman year in order to meet new people.

Shevin

Stay on track Shevin; you can succeed in any career you choose. Making the transition into college is not as hard as you may think. You just have to apply yourself a little more than your used too. College life is not all about partying and having fun, its a time to learn more about what you do best and thats helping others. You love sports and helping people when they're hurt so choose a field where you can be around both. Take the extra time to may have to study or even practice on certain things for your courses. Shevin like your mother always said your smarter than what you act, so start acting like your a smart student and take your school work seriously. I know you can become successful in anything you do, you're well-rounded you just have to apply yourself with hardwork and dedication like you would in sports. Stay on track Shevin your hard work will pay off one day soon.

Syracuse University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.