Syracuse, NY
Syracuse University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Syracuse University

Amber

The one thing I would say to my high school self, is keep moving forward. Never give up! I learned that my first year here, and I live by it everyday. Everything doesn't always go as planned. So when that happens, you have to be ready to get back up and try again. The only failure is not trying or giving up too quickly. Everyone make mistakes, especially in college, but that's what college is for. It teaches you that when things don't go as expected, or something doen't go your way, you must keep moving forward! Also, don't be afraid to be social butterfly and break out of your shell. That's what this time is for, to make connections and network. If you don't take advantage of it, you're only wasting time and money. So in conclusion, be active, be friendly, and keep moving forward!

Syracuse University is a great School!!! I absolutely love it here. So anyone looking for a school that has ALOOOOT of school spirit would love it here. Those who are friendly, want to be successful after college, and want to have a great college experince would get along great here!

Syracuse is a very social University. So those who like solitude wouldn't be very happy. Also those who don't like diversity or people should not attend this school. The weather is also an issue for some, so if some hates the cold and snow....don't come here!! We get alot of snow, and it can get quite cold!

Malgorzata

This is a school that provides students with a 100% college experience feel. The campus is large, however, everything from the housing services to dining halls provide a community and family-like feel. Everything that prosective students imagine about college, or the things they see on television shows or movies regarding college life can be found here at Syracuse. I could not imagine going to school anywhere else and getting the same experience that I currently am.

With age comes intelligence. Or so they say. Looking back, there are many things I would do differently my senior year of high school. My studying habits, my time management, and my overall attitude towards my academics are all things I would alter. I would take my SATs perhaps just one more time, or try to raise my GPA . However, the single most important thing that I have learned over the past couple of months is just how important getting involved is. Participating in various clubs and activities allows student to meet new people, make different groups of friends, network with important adults, and truly find your passion. I am learning that now, as a college student, by getting involved in different groups on campus. However, if I had done this during my time in high school, I could have met many different people, or made important connections for myself. I could have found what it is that I am truly passionate about and maybe figured out where I wanted to be in ten years. So, the advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be to get more involved in school and in the community.

The worst thing, by far is the weather. It is cold and gloomy. The warm weather in the beginning of the year doesn't last too long. Temperatures drop and the skies get gloomier each day. Rain is very common, but during the winter months, snow is even more common. Blizzards are an everyday occurence and a good pair of snow boots is a must. The winter can last through much of the spring semester, including April and May. However, the weather is the only bad thing I can think of a Syracuse. It truly is a wonderful campus.

Stella

Syracuse University is a very big and diverse University, it has a beautiful campus and very nice dinning halls.

I went into college not knowing how the system works and I had a very difficult time in my first semester because I did not recieved much advice from people who had the experience. The transition from high school to college was also very difficult because they are so different from each other. One advice I would still keep in my head today is to not slack and fall behind with class work and homework. You would have a lot of freedom in college so you would think that "oh, I am going to have time to do it later so I will start later." But since everything in college moves so fast, you will find yourself struggling and running out of time to finish before you know it. So what I would do now in my second semester in college is that, do all my work on the same day that they were assigned so that the information are still fresh in my mind. Also, Instead of being distracted in hanging out with friends, I would also find time to talk to my professors and introduce myself to them so I could leave a good impression in their mind.

Syrcuse University is for people who are serious about learning and being well prepared for their future. One of the reason why is because this school is not located in a city that is like NYC or LA, so there isn't much distraction which means you could focus more on your studies. However, the campus provides a load of activities and programs you could participate in so you wouldn't have to worry about having nothing to do.

Dan

A center of knowledge in the middle of nowhere where hard work can go a long way.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Rome wasn't built in a day. You know more than you think you do. Don't let other people tell you what you are or what you're good at. Make the most of your resources, but don't push yourself so far out on a limb that you are barely holding on. Do what you do best.

Someone who needs to have a decent amount of warmth and sunlight in the winter to get by, someone who needs to be near a big and bustling city, someone who isn't focused on their major, or someone who doesn't want to work hard in order to acheive greatness.

Catherine

My classmates are very diverse in cultural backgrounds as well as in their desire to earn good grades (some don't seem to care as much as others).

As a senior, I remember specifically choosing schools that were far away from home (at least four hours). But, once I got to campus I realized how much I missed my home. I missed my moms cooking and sitting by the fireplace at night, and I missed my sisters and cats. My current roommate is from just outside of Syracuse, and while she is at school she feels as if she is hours away from home. I have realized that living on a campus separate from my home is enough space to enjoy my college years and my independence. If I could advise my high school self about applying to colleges, I would suggest looking at schools closer to my home, rather that ones that are six hours away. I absolutely love Syracuse University and I am so glad I came here, but I certainly do wish I weren't so far from my family. If I would have known this when I was applying to colleges, I might have found just as good of a fit even closer to home, and been just as happy there as I am on campus here.

Attending this school is very expensive. The living arrangements on and off campus are pricey, and the on-campus parking is extremely expensive. The meal plan is also quite expensive, and you are required to have one if you live in the dorms freshman and sophomore year. I did get a decent amount of financial aid to attend this school, but it is still overpriced.

Caleigh

Syracuse University is busy, open-minded, and encourages and helps students to succeed in the classroom, but also provides ample opportunities for them to unwind and have fun.

Even though you might think you can't wait to get away from home and start fresh, you will get lonely and you will miss the people you left behind. Cherish the times you have left with them. But don't let that get you down! You'll make new friends and have fun as long as you stay confident and optimistic. And remember, when you go to visit colleges, I recommend paying attention to two things that I did not: the other students at the school and the cost of tuition. There's a variety of people at every school, but will you fit in? And I know that by now you're getting tired of scholarship applications and essays, but don't give up! It'll help you out later. College can be overwhelming, but tackle it head on. Trust me, it's worth it.

A student that is serious about their education and dedicated to acheiving their ideal future, while at the same time possessing confidence and the ability to relax and have fun will fit in perfectly at Syracuse University.

Zachary

I love the school. Its rich history is very important to me and I enjoy being there. It is the perfect size. Campus is not large yet there are 15,000 students. It has the big campus feel which is awesome. But it is on the smaller end. Orange pride is incredible and its probably the best in the country. Everyone wears Orange and the games are crazy.

The academics are amazing. Class size is fairly normal. I have 2 huge lectures of about 150 kids each for two days a week and then we break off into groups of about 15 to discuss the lecture. It is a really warm environment.

The stereotype of Syracuse University students is that they are all rich and "Jappy". The sterotype is somewhat true. You definitely see it a lot. Campus is very diverse. The school does an amazing job of mixing cultures.

Vanessa

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I think the first thing I would make sure to say is to remember not to loose sight of your purpose. College life offers many opportunites to get distracted or forget why you applied in the first place, such as getting caught up socially, taking advantage of the liberty if offers a young adult, extracurricular activities, and being able to pick and choose your academic track. Although college also offers just as many opportunites for academic success and positive social aspects, it is much easier to fall into the options that are not as beneficial because everything is so new. I would tell myself to of course enjoy the college experience, meet new people, have a social life, join a club, pick up a part time job, but do not loose sight of why you are here. Take your academics seriously and make decisions that will support your academic success. There is no reason why you should not take advantage of your college experience, but do so in a way that will make the experience seem like a waste. Remember your purpose.

I think the amount of extracurricular options really makes this school that much greater. Along with such school spirit, having so many extracurricular activities to get involved in or start gives everyone a sense of belonging, and in such a big school, that's key to a good experience.

I don't belive a certain kind a of person has to attend Syracuse. I honestly think that any person that is simply interested in continuing their education, regardless if they are still unsure of what they want, would be interested in attending Syracuse. I feel like the school has a lot to offer and there is a place for everyone here.

Alice

The majority of them are very driven and passionate about what they are studying so they tend to be well organized and professional when they need to be; they are smart and creative if they put their mind to it, which makes for interesting lessons because people are always willing to contribute to discussions and talk about their own experiences or perspectives - however, there tends to be a hint of pretentiousness about them, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing as it creates a competitive environment and allows us to continually push each other.

Stop worrying about getting rejected from colleges. Be more confident in yourself and apply to those Ivy Leagues, who knows what could happen. But since you picked SU, take that same fearlessness and be proud of your school - don't doubt your choice. Syracuse is cold but you really don't need to bring all 47 of your scarves; leave some stuff at home. Talk to your dad on the four-hour drive up to SU instead of sleeping, he may have some valuable insights. Listen to your mom, that guy you will meet freshmen year who showers you with compliments? Don't believe him because he's not that great. Also, don't try and get revenge by flirting with his next door neighbor. You'll meet some of your best friends your freshmen year, but that doesn't mean you can't always make new ones. College is all about creating your own experience. If your friends do one thing, it doesn't mean you have to. What really matters is how you apply yourself so take in as much as you can. You'll love the independence that university life brings, you'll love being an Orangeman.

I think that college is very much about creating your own experiences in the sense that only you can decide what your four years of university will look like. Syracuse University, in particular, offers a wide array of different activities and much of your experience will be determined by the organizations that you join. I think that if you are unwilling to step out of your comfort zone and get involved with what the university has to offer, this school probably would not be a good fit for you because no one will force you out of your dorm room.

Zhi

Syracuse Unviersity is a school that will provide serious students with a lot of career and academic opportunities but if you just want to party, you will go to a lot of partys and graduate without a job.

I will tell myself to be more involved in college. College for me is not defined by my academic success but more about my involvements on campus. You will be remembered for the contribution you made to the college you are enrolled in and the local community and not by your grades. Getting involved will also allow you to build strong relationships with faculty members and meet new friends. You will also get a lot of career opportunities through the organizations you are involved in. Another big thing I will emphasize is being open-minded, you will interact with so many different people and attend many different events, you will get so much more out of your college experience by being open-minded and trying new things. In addition, remember that academics always come first and do not jeopardize your grades. It is always better to build a strong GPA early than trying to play catch-up in your Junior or Senior year. Most importantly, remember to have fun!

Syracuse University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.