Syracuse, NY
Syracuse University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Syracuse University

Zhi

Syracuse Unviersity is a school that will provide serious students with a lot of career and academic opportunities but if you just want to party, you will go to a lot of partys and graduate without a job.

I will tell myself to be more involved in college. College for me is not defined by my academic success but more about my involvements on campus. You will be remembered for the contribution you made to the college you are enrolled in and the local community and not by your grades. Getting involved will also allow you to build strong relationships with faculty members and meet new friends. You will also get a lot of career opportunities through the organizations you are involved in. Another big thing I will emphasize is being open-minded, you will interact with so many different people and attend many different events, you will get so much more out of your college experience by being open-minded and trying new things. In addition, remember that academics always come first and do not jeopardize your grades. It is always better to build a strong GPA early than trying to play catch-up in your Junior or Senior year. Most importantly, remember to have fun!

Xixi

It wasn't my first choice, but I don't regret that I chose here.

It wasn't my first choice, but I don't regret that I chose here.

Dear Me, It’s ok to follow your interest to pick major, but the advice from your family was important, too. Don’t be too obstinate to hurt everyone who loves you. Art and design majors require portfolio. If you could realize this earlier, you don’t have to rush up portfolio in a month. It’s completely fine if your first choice rejects you. Don’t be depressed. You should trust the school which gives you a chance to pursue your dream. Don’t look down on any class though its course number only starts with one. Follow your heart and gain whatever you want to learn. Don’t flinch from doing anything because your ‘friend’ said don’t. You aren't a freak to get dual-major and dual-minor. It’s always ok to do marchingband with heavy schoolwork and join any activity you like. I wish you could see this letter to make my life much easier, but also wish you won't. If you knew everything ahead, you won't try so hard to accomplish what you can. You will not be who you are, and I won’t be who I am. Best, Me

The school allows me to do things that I want to do and gives me a chance to learn whatever I want to learn. It doesn't only feel like a school, it also feels like a big family. The professors here encourage me to try different things and help me to reach my goal. They are not only acting as professors, they are more like friends.

KyuSik

Since I am a Freshmen, I describe my classmates as lost, immature, struggling, and trying to have fun.

Syracuse University has a great IT program. However, it is expansive and I can start focusing on my major starting from junior or sophmore year. $56,000 dollars just to take regular required courses is just a waste of money. So apply for scholarships and fiancial aid so you don't spend as much as money and help my parents. Also, Syracuse is different from my high school. People up there are not devoted Christians like you. You are going to have a trouble making new friends because they enjoy partying too much. But don't let them interfere your relationship with God. Be faithful and strong.

We are ranked number one in Information Technology and Public affairs. Our school has a beautiful campus. Our school is known for good basketball team and it is a lot of fun to watch them during their regular seasons. Our school provides students good recreational services and other services such as health services and such.

Natalie

Syracuse University is a very large and nice school. Many students are friendly and are willing to give a helping hand. For example, during my first semester I had this particular classmate who helped with when it came to Calculus. There were some concepts that I did not understand and she taught me in a way I found it to be easy. Ever since then, she was willing to offer help when I needed it. She just represents one of the characteristics of students in Syracuse University.

If I had the chance to go back in time, I would have said two things to tell myself. First and foremost, I will tell myself “college will not be easy, take that thought out of your mind!” I say this because if I had someone who emphasized this statement on me while I was in high school, I feel like I would have been more prepared. I was an A student. I graduated high school being rank as part of the top 10. I thought that since I did well in high school, I would do the same in college. However, when I started taking college courses, it was the complete opposite of what I expected. This statement would have done me justice because I would have known about the reality of college. Yes, I have friends who were in college before I entered but I thought I would be okay. Fortunately, I have now transitioned to my college level of thinking. I know that my first semester was a transition that I needed to force myself to stand strong. Secondly, “ it is not the name of the school that matters but the degree one conquers from a school.”

The worse thing about Syracuse Univeristy is that it is too big at times. If one is looking for a location it may take a while to locate or if one is trying to get to class on time, the long distance of walking is a con.

Melissa

I would tell my senior self to enjoy the ride. Every moment is important, but most importantly I would've told myself to enjoy every course and take skills from every course I took. It's easy to get bogged down with the importance of the course and trying to be the best, but the most important thing is to develop and grow from the classes. Yes, it's the final stretch and you might be tired - but push and keep going. You've worked hard enough to get to where you are - why stop now? Also, don't forget to take time to let it all sink in. It's easy to get into the rush of clubs to keep up with and grades to maintain - but you have to remember that it's not all for your college resume. All the things you're doing that last year are telligns of your passions, so enjoy them and learn from them. It's anout what you take from it - not the grade. So stop stressing over it. You'll be just fine.

The worst thign about my school is the lack of integration of diversity. We have students from various parts of the world but we don't connect or talk because there is no reason. From classes to clubs students aren't forced to integrate or talk.

I wish I had known all the resources available on campus. i would've used them better in my first semester. Also how to make a relationship with my professors and how important it is.

Cassandra

The best thing about my school is that it allows me to study and be exposed to everything I truly care about. I am able to major in Public Relations, Political Science, Citizenship and Civic Engagement, and minor in Fashion and Beauty Communications. In addition, the faculty makes all of that possible while still giving me time to study abroad and engage in many campus activities.

There are not many things I could consider bad about my school. Personally, the only thing I don't really like is the Liberal Arts Core. Even though I do think that it is good to expose students to a variety of subjects and concentrations, I feel that making them a requirement causes students to take them just to meet standards instead of studying what they really want.

Nurkurniati

Syracuse University is you're all around typical private university filled with individuals who grew up in an upper-middle class household.

“Change is inevitable,” I would start. I don't mean the strange feeling of having a new teacher every period. I’m referring to changing your daily habits and stepping out of your currently constructed world. There will be no one home when you get back from class. Get used to being alone and feeling uncomfortable in situations, there will be a lot of it. DO NOT obsess about receiving the perfect grade for every assignment given to you, there won't be enough time to deal with that. You will find geniuses in your class that won’t ever have to work as hard as you to receive an A. You will interact with peers who have extremely successful parents and have much more than you ever. But none of that is important. College isn’t just about the education. What’s important is getting a better understanding of who you are, understanding your strengths and working smarter. What’s important is understanding what drives you and what you are doing to get there. You will face adversity. You will face weakness. But learning how to face them both head-on with patience and wisdom is what’s important.

I wish I knew that pending upon the department that you choose to study in reflects how great the quality of education you will receive. The lack of support from staff other than the professors and research is very sparse.

Brianna

Socially, we are known for greek life, school spirit and basketball. Academically, we are known for top rated programs, courses, and professors; as well as staff that will help you on your way to finding a real job. It is a great place to learn and make friends and connections. It is a difficult school and is challenging, but you will get a lot out of it.

The advice I would give to myself would be to not wait so long to come out of my shell. I wasted a full year of not trying new things and not leaving my comfort zone that I could have been in a place of true happiness a lot earlier. I knew I made the right choice the second I moved in, but I would tell myself to never question that and take every opportunity that was thrown at me. I would say that the amount I would learn academically as well as about myself and others, and the incredible amount of fun I would have, would most definitely outweigh any feelings of nervousness, regret or homesickness. And that a few years down the road, I would be better off and still happy and content with decision, so I should make the very most of it, no matter what.

Someone who is uncomforatble with diversity and working in groups or on teams will find a hard time with the courses and classrooms. Also someone who doesn't really like trying new things or working hard will find they have wasted their money here. This is a school full of opportunites and only those who are brave enough to take the necessary risks and efforts to succede, will.

Anthony

hey you I know you do not think high school is important but, coming from the future I have some advice for you. Do all you can to prepare for college. This means develop better study habbits and pay attention in class, ask questions. the trasition to college can be a difficult one and the more you prepare now the better off you willl be once you go to college. Another major part of transitioning into college is understanding that many times college proffesors are not their to babysit you and make sure you are doing your work it is all up to you. so you better start motavating your self to do what you have to do to succed. the last piece of advice I would like to give you is to be confident because even though college can get tough it is nothing that you cannot handle.

Jayme

Syracuse University has taught me a lot about myself and the world around me. I would never change anything about my choice in college because these are the years I am going to forever look back on. I have amazing relationships with professors and many students and I feel that the relationships I have with my friends will be friendships that I will have for a lifetime. There are so many positive things about this school and the enviornment. All the snow is well worth the amazing experience you will have here.

As a high school senior I feel that I was prety prepared for what I was going to experience throughout college. I came into college knowing that I could be whoever I wanted and it was up to me to do whatever I wanted. I think that I would have began to take advantage of this more as a freshman and sophomore in college if I had completely realized this though. I spent the first two years of college trying to find my place in this school and figuring out what I wanted to do. I definitely made up for this a lot in the last two years of my college career by becoming involved in many different organizations, going abroad, and meeting a lot of new people. But sometimes it makes me wonder where I would be now if I had began to get myself more involved as soon as I enrolled my freshman year. Even with that I still believe that this is the best place I could have gone for my college career and I wouldn't change it for anything.

This school is compatible with a variety of different types of people. The diversity and acceptance of the students at this school makes everyone feel comfortable. From the outside the student population looks very larege, however, once you begin classes and get a feel for the campus it begins to feel so much smaller. You meet so many people that you never feel lost.

Syracuse University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.