Syracuse, NY
Syracuse University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Syracuse University

Kadesja

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would advise myself to take all the advise given to me seriously. I would advise myself to take time seriously because time is one of many things you can not get back, so my advise would be to manage it wisely. I ignored so much when I was younger and I took alot for granteed like money, time, and open opportunities. I would tell kadesja to budget, save, and manage. Do not ignore help or open opportunies because time is not ment to waist; you can not get time back you can not pause life, so make the most of it seriously. Also one last important thing to tell myself would be to never dwell in the past, no matter how life changing or drastic it may be or may have been, just keep moving foward. If it were me telling myself this in the past, I probably would have taken it more seriously instead of learning it out the hardest way. I lived it and learned it now I wish I could really go back and change my mind set and outlook on life.

Alana

This advice would be extremely simple: Stay calm and enjoy every moment.About two years ago, the car was completely packed from bottom to top with clothing, books, and storage units. Tears were streaming down my face and my heart was beating a hundred milers per minute. I was terrified at the first glance of my freshman dorm. I heard the calming words of my parents that everything was going to work out; yet, I knew this was a huge step in my life, and, I was fearful.After I unpacked and walked around campus, I took a deep breath. Everything was perfectly fine. I was having the time of my life and enjoying the various activities Syracuse University had during this transition week.There is nothing like the first week of freshman year. Each activity is planned for each individual to feel comfortable and welcomed to the university. Meeting other students during this week created friendships that will last a lifetime.The thought of saying goodbye to my parents gave me the same uneasy feeling I had when I initially approached the campus. However, this time I remembered to relax, and smile for the genuine happiness I felt.

Not only is Syracuse University home to one of the best communication schools in the country, but it has so much to offer. It is a welcoming environment from the moment an individual steps onto campus. The school spirit and "orange" atmosphere creates an entertaining aspect of the community, where everyone can come together and root for the school. Volunteering in the Admissions Office allows me to brag and encourage prospective students to apply to Syracuse University for its academic courses

There is not a distinct description of an individual who "should" attend Syracuse University. This college attacks students who can bring a new aspect to the school. The student body is made from a diverse group of people with all different interests and talents. There is not a "typical" person at SU; yet, prospective students should be motivated with an optimistic personality. They should want to take on new tasks and challenge themselves. With the assistance from professors and faculty, students at Syracuse are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunities and experiences they have in front of them.

Owen

I would tell myself to understand that now is when you really are responsible for your actions and their consequences. Now you find your calling, what you will do with the rest of your life. Now your parents don't answer for you all the time. Now you mature and shape your future, its literally in your hands. If you want success you will have to make sacrifices, but these sacrifices now will pay off in the future, trust me. College is the most amazing experience, you find yourself and friends that you will keep for a long time. Make the best of it. Make it your own amazing experience. It may seem long, but four years go by quite fast. High school was fun, but now its up to yo to do whatever you want. Moreover, whatever you do make sure it helps others as well. Service to others will always be a virtue that you must strive for. Try to aid as many people as you can, it could have a domino effect and youll make a small change in our very selfish society. Get ready.

The engaging campus it has. There is always something going on, some event, some lecture, some activity, some freed food. Its a busy campus.

Samuel

Syracuse University is the perfect blend of academics, sports and other activities all coming together in one place to provide, at least by my standards, the perfect college experience.

I would tell myself to study harder in high school and focus more time on schoolwork. I pretty much coasted through high school without much effort and I think that hurt me once I got to college. The material you learn in college is much more specific and takes much more time and effort to understand. I think that had I studied more in high school and put more effort into my schoolwork, I would have been better prepared for the workload in college and would havea done a lot better my first semester.

I think the best thing about Syracuse University is that there is never a dull moment. Syracuse is big enough that there is always someone somewhere on campus interested in the same things that you are interested in and wants to do exactly what you want to do, you just have to find them. A person will never be hoping that they went somewhere else after coming to Syracuse University, and you would never once be bored while here.

Jarian

Time management is key to college success. People get so caught up on living on their own and the envrionment of college. You have to learn to stay focus and do well. There are a lot of distractions that can get you away from your school work. So the biggest thing to remember is time management.

A person who doesn't have school spirit.

Tiara

People have different views on what Syracuse University is best known for. Some say it is best known for their sports teams and others may say it is due to certain schools within the university. In my opinion my school is best known for being so prideful in who we are as a university and what we stand for. Syracuse University has such a strong foundation and thats why we can be proud and prideful about our athletes, students, professors and individual schools within the university.

Out of all four years of high school, my senior year was the most stressful one. I’ve always thought it would be so relaxing and that there wasn’t going to be much work involved. But I was wrong because I was in the process of applying for colleges and I didn’t realize how stressful it was going to be. Now that I’m in my second year of college knowing what I know now I would tell myself that my college career is going to be what I make it. I would tell myself to be prepared to witness yourself grow, experience and learn. Before I would tell myself these things, the word of advice I would give myself is to be open-minded. Right now I realize that there is so much more in my college life that I need to take a chance with but don’t see myself doing because I'm afraid of being rejected. Which makes me want to go back and tell myself to always take a chance and don’t be afraid to at least try!

Syracuse University is such an amazing school but its location is the most frustrating aspect of the school. Yes, we do get terrible weather in the winter and bipolar weather in the fall but thats just the cons of living in New York. Within the university there is always a postive and friendly vibe. The frustrating aspect of it is how close townees are to the university. People who arent affliated with the school often bully, rob or threaten Syracuse students in certain areas throughout the campus. It is frustrating waking up to emails about these crimes and being worried.

Ismelda

Come to college with an open mind but most important an open heart. You are bound to find people you like but sometimes you find people you don't like. Don't let that get to you because suc is life! Make the best out of your four years there!

A very up beat, hands on, optimistic person who wishes to find great friends and create life-long memories.

A home body, there is so much to do outside your classroom and dorm rooms!

Erin

Take the AP Language and Comp exam--study for it, then challenge it. It will save you time and frustration. Also, get as much sleep as you can while you have the chance. Remember that no matter how much you think you'll use your sewing machine, it's not going to be used for anything other than a box upon which you rest your feet, so why bother bringing it? Remember to always say things in your head before you say them out loud. And, above all, don't forget that it's totally okay to flat-out let go of high school. You're not there any more. College is a whole different animal. P.S. Stop procrastinating on all those projects you said you would do! Get them done while you can!

The wonderful architecture program and how much I've learned in just three semestres! Knowledge abounds in my program so it's wonderful for someone who loves to learn in an extremely disciplined environment.

Ailin

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to get familiar with the college process and start talking to college advisors to see what school is right for me according to what I want to do and start seeing what classes i should take in college and try to do dual enrollement so I could be a step ahead and to prepare myself for college.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to save money. Although I saved a lot in Highschool and worked multiple jobs, college is expensive. Sometimes when I am here I stress out about it because I know what it is like to struggle and I get nervous, but as a senior I couldve found more ways to save. On the other hand, I would tell myself to never turn away from colleges because there are a lot of options and financial aid. I always stressed out about how I would pay for it, but now being here the experience is remarkable and is priceless. I have top notch education, friends, and activities I could never forget. I came to a school so different from my High School and it was the best option by far. I have so much opportunity. As a senior I was nervous about leaving my family and friends behind, but now that Im here I realized that it was all worth it and that they will always be there and that I just have to enjoy the time spent and embrace every moment of life.

I think the fact that my University is so large, there is never a dull moment or you being left with nothing to do. The library is 24 hours, there are always stress relieving activities, and for the partiers , there are always parties, or you have your own. Overall it fits everyone!

Syracuse is very open to all kinds of people from all over the world. Syracuse University offers a wide range of activities and groups that can make almost anyone feel welcome and fit in. The only downfall I could foresee for prospective students would be the distance from home or the cold weather and lots of snow!

Syracuse University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.