Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

I really enjoy the aesthetics of the Syracuse University campus. There is much 1800 architecture with renovated interiors. There is a large quad with great buildings surrounding it. The campus is insulated from the city and is not small, but is not too large that walking from one side to the other is a hassle. The campus looks great in the snow, something you are sure to see for several months. The school does a great job of keeping the walkways clean, however. A great feature is Crouse Hall, a Harry Potter-esque castle on the top of the hill and the Hall of Languages, a large building that would look natural in London.

Syracuse seems to be very homogeneous with Long Island , New Jersey, or Boston Jewish students dominating the population, however there are small cliques of minority groups that make up a large portion of the population but are not as vocal; fraternities and sororities dominant the social scene with bars as well for upperclassmen, everyone parties all the time here; classes are very difficult and most of the students are very smart; there are not enough alcohol free social events and the school pride is terrible; the weather and campus safety are also bad as well.

A thriving mix of work and play with a little in between. There are numerous clubs to join ranging from sports to dance to karate. If a student is passionate about a hobby there is almost always a club to satisfy his/her need. The community is very welcoming and accepts everyone and does not fall into the category of excluding freshmen from their social view. However Syrause is not all play, work is given heavy importance. Its work then play not the other way around. Syracuse offers many programs to help a student succeed: an environment of success.

Syracuse University is a medium sized school with around 18,000 to 20,000 undergraduate students. The layout of the campus is very nice and centered with everythingbeing a good distance from any spot on campus. The campus is not too condensed or spread out. Resident life is very good with great Dorm room and Dinning center conditions and great staff members. Overall Syracuse University is a great school and the people here really try thier best to make you feel welcome and that you belong.

The campus is GORGEOUS. A lot of the buildings were built way back when, so they are beautiful. There are also a couple buildings that have recently been built. You'll definitely get exercise walking from class to class. All of the dorms are located on main campus. There are also apartments located on south campus, and there is a bus that takes students from main to south, and vice versa. There are also a number of off campus houses available.

Syracuse University is what you get when you thrown really wealthy New Englanders, east coast Jews, intense athletes, basketball, lacrosse and football fanatics, four feet of snow, snow lovers, spoiled princesses, lost west coasters, dirty art students, journalism students in love with themselves, architecture students who don't sleep, a bunch of alcohol and drugs, rows and rows of parties, and terrible dining hall food together.

Syracuse University is the best university if you want an excellent, first class education with professors and faculty that are in constant communication and engage you to explore material more in depth than just the lectures in the class and help you learn new ways of looking at the world and the people around you using exemplary material and world class distinguished academics.

This school is way to greek, an almost alienating to students not involved in a fraternity or sorority; people in greek life have so much better social lives than those outside greek life...and people who do not want to sacrifice their grades to join greek life, while not complete losers, are left in the dust and have far fewer friends than frat boys and sorority girls.

Syracuse Unversity is the best college for a student to find their place in the world. From the plethora of majors that span many disciplines to the vast number of extra curicular activities, there is something here for everyone. It is a great place to further yourself academically and socially to set yourself up for a sucessful life.

Syracuse University can be described as a world in and of itself; its full of diverse socials groups, academically inclinded individuals, and school spirit and pride. Theres a diverse mix of students from all over the world which gives you the opporunity to learn more about other cultures and different backgrounds.