Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

Syracuse University is unique because of its diversity, school spirit and amazing opportunities that it is able to give its students. The cultural, racial, political and religious diversity gives the campus a much more welcoming and interesting atmosphere. If Syracuse University is known for anything, it is known for its school spirit. Students religiously attend sporting events decked out from head to toe in orange and blue. Lastly, the school is unique in that it gives students opportunities that are rarely found elsewhere. Internships with National Geographic or on the set of a photoshoot for Martha Stewart magazine for example.

Syracuse University was the right choice for me first and for most because of its academics. Syracuse has well-known academic programs, which are demonstrated in the university?s prestigious name. Besides the academic side of the University, the area of Syracuse itself is another reason I was drawn to this school. The university itself has a sense of community from within; everyone is friendly and willing to socialize. While outside the university, the community is a widely diverse community situated within an urban setting. The setting was the main reason I chose Syracuse University.

Syracuse University has a wide variety of majors, and an amazing network of alumni. My choice was between Syracuse University and Northeastern University. I choose SU because I was not quite sure what major I wanted, but I knew that I could freely choose a major once I decided. Now I am in the Advertising Design program, and I have a million different opportunities at my fingertips, between the schoalrships, internships, and the amazing communication department, I know that job placement will not be difficult. Also I very much enjoy the campus feeling,which wasn't the case at NU.

Syracuse University is unique in so many different ways. I say that because Syracuse is full of diversity. I walk around campus and i see a variety of students not just one race. Not only is there diversity but there are so many programs that exist for students such as HEOP, SSP, OLU and many more. Organizations on campus for students allow opportunities for the future like internships, jobs, or even more organizations that help students prepare for interviews, setup resumes and maintain a great job. Syracuse is a place where no one is left behind nor are they unaccepted.

Syracuse University is unique in so many ways. Since it is a large school with many different departments, I was able to take classes I had never even considered. That includes classes abroad. The Study Abroad program at Syracuse University was amazing. There were so many different places I could go and classes I could take. I studied abroad in Madrid, Spain, and took classes like, "Christians, Jews and Muslims: Historical Encounters in the Mediterranean." It was an enlightening class and included a trip to Istanbul Turkey, where the East and West cultures really blended.

The diversity in both academics and cultures is most unique. The sheer amount of opportunities that students have here as Syracuse is unbelievable. From skiing in the winter to Otto Orientation to greek life to yoga classes, Syracuse has it all. People here come from all sorts of different backgrounds and cultures. It's always fun to try some of your dormmate's cultural foods! Academically, Syracuse offers a wide range of majors and minors which can be catered according to your interest. It might seem confusing at first, but the Academic Support team does it's job.

Syracuse University gives their students the urban atmostphere with the city 5 minutes away, but also a suburban safe feel beacuse the school and most students who attend live right on the hill, in student neighborhoods. Also in April/May the school gives us a day off for project presentations etc. Most of the student body however can be found down on Euclid in any one of the 40+ houses that participate in holding an open party for the day. It gives our students one last hurrah before finals start. You can always find an extracurricular activity to participate in.

My school is very unique in it's own way, shape and form. Syracuse University supports diversity and culture extremely, which is why I applied to this university. It also promotes Scholarship in Action which is exposing higher education to most if not all students that attend SU. Education here is also very intense, in a positive way, which is again why I traveled almost 300 miles from home to attend Syracuse University. SU is huge on school spirit which is why I feel at home and happy that we are routing for the same things like one big family.

Syracuse has the perfect mix of qualities; the campus is just the right size, frequently describe with "it's small enough that you'll never get lost but large enough that you can get lost if you want to;" great DI sports teams accompanied with school spirit to match; greek life that's a great outlet for those who join, but a social life diverse enough so students who chose not join have limitless options on the weekend; perfect amount of "city" feel with the city of Syracuse mere minutes away; top rated programs in an array of fields; etc.

Syracuse University is a gorgeous university with a variety of academic, athletic, and professional opportunities. The spirit on campus is undeniable; there's something here for everyone! Between fantastic academics, a beautiful campus, incredible athletics, and countless clubs and organizations to get involved in, how could you go wrong?! I love how Syracuse has the feel of a small-town Univesity, but it's plopped right in the middle of a big city! Even though there are many, many students, Syracuse University really feels like home.