Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

What is certainly unique about Syracuse University is the weather. Learning how to walk downhill in snow or thin ice is what makes my weekly routine interesting. But, the weather is just one part of the reason I chose Syracuse as my future alma mater. I considered Iowa State, Penn State and Rutgers. I got accepted to all. The reason I am in Syracuse University is because it allowed me to fulfill my future plans of becoming a physicist and a painter. Out of those universities I mentioned Syracuse allows me to combine those two majors.

The unique thing about Syracuse University is that it is in a small town, yet the campus is thriving with many activities that one can take part in. The school has a very diverse campus, although some races out number others, diversity is beginning to be more incorporated in the school. There are many organizations that can be hobbies or important to ones backgound, which can make one feel welcome in the school. Syracuse also offers a great Ischool major, which is not offered in many of the other Universities across the country.

Unlike the other schools I considered, Syracuse University puts a heavy emphasis on diversity. My other choices simply stressed academics and maybe sports, but SU constantly advertises events happening both inside and outside of campus so students can experience affairs of all types. At Syracuse University, there is a bus called the ?connective corridor,? and it stops inside and outside of campus. It allows one to travel to various locations without paying a fee?another way the school tries to make students more experienced.

This school makes you work hard for what you want. Most of my friends tell me that it's easy for them to switch majors or decide to study something else, or the such. Here at Syracuse, if you want to switch a Broadcast Journalist major you better make sure you can earn an accumulative 3.5+GPA to get into the school for Public Communications. Same with if you want to switch to Business Management, there are a lot of academic requirements. This is what I love, the intensity, the hard work to get where you want.

I believe that Syracuse University is rich in diversity, everywhere you go you are destined to fine someone from a place that some times you don't even know where in a map is it. A s a result,you learn lots of interesting things about each person's culture. For example, i'm living in S.U's Multicultural Living Learning Community and i have the chance to interact with people from China, Korea, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, The Dominican Repoblic, India, Ecuador, and many more countries. S.U is THE WORLD in One place.

I hated my first semester at SU. It was big and felt displaced. By my second semester, however, I loved SU. I came to like the freedom that SU's size allows me and I love my major, my professors, and my friends. I like that I can wake up one morning and start a club or a volunteer program. I like that there is always something going on. You can be a normal person at SU, we just keep a low profile. If you can get past the sorority girls you'll be fine. If you are a sorority girl you may die of joy.

Our school is great because there is lots of on and off campus housing. Off campus housing is really close to campus and many juniors and seniors live off campus. The weather is awful, but everyone still makes the most of it. You can walk from one end of campus to the opposite in ten minutes, and there are buses that run regularly, even on weekends. There's a large greek life but you aren't a nobody if you're not in it. On any given day you will see at least ten people wearing orange.

Syracuse University first of all was on the opposite side of the country from where i live, California. Here in Syracuse i will be able to experience each of the four different unique seasons. The diversity here is incredible, I have encountered people here from different parts of the world and country. Another reason why i came here was for it's engineering program, by majoring in aerospace i can simutaneously recieve my pilot's license which is one of my lifelong goals.

What's unique about my school is that I can take other classes that aren't just visual and performing arts classes. I can major in other areas of study, and I can be well rounded. For example, this semester I am taking ballet and a religion class along with my other art classes. As of next semester, I will be declared a writing minor! Syracuse University allows me to take many classes that aren't required by my major, but have their own way of inspiring me for my art.

This is a school that provides students with a 100% college experience feel. The campus is large, however, everything from the housing services to dining halls provide a community and family-like feel. Everything that prosective students imagine about college, or the things they see on television shows or movies regarding college life can be found here at Syracuse. I could not imagine going to school anywhere else and getting the same experience that I currently am.