Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

Well first starters, Syracuse University is welcoming and in other schools one does not feel that way at all. Also academics, to me it seems as if the classes im taking provide much more help so one could better themselves in writing,economics, math or calculus, so it seems as if no matter what class i take, there would always be someone there to help me. Also the pride that students have in being in this school. Also we have the best communication's program.

Syracuse University is for students who want to attend a school where it's not too big and not too small; when you walk across campus, you will see people you recognize and people you have never seen before. Also, the people here, for the most part, are very diverse and friendly. There are many clubs/organizations that students can join, which are great ways to meet new people. Also, there are many facilities that can be used for studying and working.

There is alot of school spirit at this school evern if our teams dont do as well. The amount of help that is given in this school really helps students adujst and feel comfortable. The competition gets tuff but in the end it all pays off. The weather really does affect your schoolwork, and the snow that we acquire in the winter makes people feel gloomy and such but overall it drives people to just keep going to class and trying to do thier best.

I think that the most unique thing about my school is that there are many oppurtunites here. There are many activites that can be done that no student should be stuck in their dorm room on a weekend. It is unbeliveable on how much clubs,associations, greek life and many more. i just think it is great to know that i am in a school where im not bored on days that i have no work to do. Just knowing that i can go out a join anything is great.

The unique aspect of Sryacuse compared to the other schools I considered, is the wide selection of courses. Not only are SU students able to take classes within the several schools of the university, but also courses from the neighboring schools, such as SUNY Environmental Science and Forestry. The beauty of colleg is being able to take the courses you want to take, and nothing is better than having a number of courses to choose from.

The weather here is always rainy, cloudy, or snowing. There are a lot of people who go to the school but it seems as though you can't go anywhere without seeing someone you know. A lot of intro classes and popular majors have really large classes but smaller majors and upper level classes are much smaller. There are lots of activities available to participate in at the school but you really need to seek them out on your own.

The culture of the school is much different than the other schools I considered. Syracuse Univeristy is located on a hill so it is mostly isolated from the rest of the city. There are lots of school activities, events, and ways to get involved with the school. The value of Syracuse sports is important. Basketball for example, brings students and othes from the community together to cheer on the city and school.

Although Syracuse University is very large, there is still a strong sense of community. Even if you do not know someone personally, there is a good chance that this person is a friend of a friend or a friend of a friend of a friend, and so on. It is rare to meet someone who has absolutely no connection to you; however, the university is large enough that there will always be new people to meet.

There is a great deal of diversity in every facet imaginable, which allows for engaging and stimulating conversation, which contributes to the academic fervor observed at this school. Also, Syracuse provides a tremendous amount of resources, whether they be academic, mechanic, entertainment-based, or otherwise, which allow students to accomplish whatever is necessary in order to be successful.

At Syracuse, I can major in the arts and still take creative writing or even language classes. I even plan on taking Hebrew next year in the fall semester. All the other schools I applied to were art schools which either did not offer classes in liberal arts or I would have to travel to another college to take these classes. I like having all of these learning opportunities in one place.