Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Sports is one the things that brought me to Syracuse. Almost everyone is into sports, whether they want to be or not. The football, basketball, and lacrosse teams all have a substantial following. The basketball team is usually one of the top in the nation, and that provides for great games, and a great atmosphere. So, from September-early March football and basketball games on weekends or during the week can take up a lot of time, but it's definitely worth it. The school spirit during game days is fantastic. There's nothing like it.

Sports are big at Syracuse. The basketball team is always good, and attending games at the Carrier Dome is a really fun time. A lot of students play sports, it would seem, but besides football, basketball and lacrosse, not a lot of students attend the games. If you are looking for a school with a dominant sports program with a rich tradition, Syracuse basketball is what you are looking for.

The sports scene is huge. Since Syracuse is #2 in the country right now, sports couldn't be bigger. The turnout for all of the games has been amazing, and students, as well as fans, will dress up from head to toe in orange to support their scene.

The sports scene is huge! I think everyone that plans to come here knows that, too. Basketball, lacrosse and football (while not the most successful sport) are the unifying ties between the campus and the community. It is so great to see generations of Cuse fans coming out to games and we love making the Carrier Dome a LOUD HOUSE!