Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

Starting answering!The professors are very helpful and if you need extra attention in a large class they are always there if you need the. My favorite class is ceramics you get to be creative and get inspired. Students study however often they please. The school is really what you make it and what opportunities you take advantage of. My department, art history, is small so I know all the professors and get a lot of attention from them. We even went out to dinner as a department one time!

Syracuse acts like it's a top notch institution, which is partially true. It's a good school, but you don't have to be a top student to get in. Most of my classes are fairly small, but you have to participate if you want the professors to know your name. There isn't too much competition. At Newhouse, the are constantly sending updates about jobs and internships. There are some classes that I would like to take and can;t because of requirements, but overall the choices aren't too bad.

Your academic experience depends largely on the classes you take. My professors in Maxwell are top notch intellectuals and the tops of their fields. The same goes for several other high ranking colleges. My professors are brilliant and expand upon my knowledge and aptitude. The classes offered are fascinating and engaging. It is not too difficult to get in to Syracuse, however. So for every great professor and student there is a lesser one.

My professors are all pretty good - as a Newhouse student many of them are way full of themselves and think they're gods gift to their subject. I do love newhouse because it has so many experiences professors and such so definitely worth it as not all the professors i have met are full of it. Just the bad ones are.

Ehh not that great. most of the classes i have taken have been big lectures and maybe half of those professors are any good, for example my physics teacher was horrible and i got a D in the class. Students are competitive but mostly because they want a good job.

The academics are amazing. Class size is fairly normal. I have 2 huge lectures of about 150 kids each for two days a week and then we break off into groups of about 15 to discuss the lecture. It is a really warm environment.

The professors at SU are great, they are willing to teach us what they know, and they are willing to help students with any questions they might occur.

As a math major students, the math department contains many good professors. However, the school should pay less attention on Math department.

Connie Caldwell will find you a job. She is the dedicated, extremely helpful career services woman you will come to know and love.

Many Teacher's aids.. Professors are nothing fanastic. You will learn to teach yourself.