Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

Everything has the possibility of being personable. The professors fully express their interest in having us get to know them as well as making themselves available. Each school within Syracuse University has their own pride but we are all prideful of the Orange. The combinations of majors that can compliment each other are so abundant and I feel like anyone can find something here to fit their need.

You academic experience depends on you- what school you are in, what your major is, whether you want hard classes or the easy way out. My academic experience has been outstanding because of the rigorous honors program here, which is unique and has challenged me in wonderful ways. But whether or not you have a very intellectual experience certainly depends on who you hang out with.

Syracuse has some great schools, like Whitman and Newhouse. While the academics are very solid, after a year at S.U., I've noticed that the TA's (teaching assistants) are awful. I have already had 3 that didn't speak a word of english, and unfortunately, that's not an exaggeration. However, the professors of the class are, for the most part, very knowledgeable.

The classes and teachers are mostly all really cool. The teachers seem really interested in you as a student and how you are doing. Go to office hours!! It makes you stand out as a student and could help you get that better grade. Lots of people take human sexualities, and everyone should. It should be required of all students, I learned so much in it.

I took a class called "Animal Religion"--you don't really find that anywhere else. It was really interesting, a lot of work but it made you think outside of the box all the time, it was great! Making schedules is really hard... TAs are really nice, most of them at least.. You have to work hard and study hard in order to do well.

The classes at Syracuse are great. They are of good size and offer top notch information. All the Professors and TAs are willing to help as much as they can and help guide you to success. I have never been turned down help from anyone I've asked. The grading is fair as are the assignments. Everyone is there to make each other happy.

Academics in Syracuse is okay but not the best. The really good professors are very opinionated while the crappier professors are based on the text.

Professors here definitely want their students to succeed, and will make time for them any day to fully grasp the information.

The professors are always willing to help a person out. There are a lot of different academic things to get involved in.