Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

Syracuse University is made up of nine different colleges, which allows students to select specific majors and minors that best suit their interests. SU?s most notable college, the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, is considered by many to be one of the top communications schools in the country. Newhouse students receive a top-notch education from communications industry professionals. Upon graduating, Newhouse students enter a large network of successful alumni, most of whom are always eager to help their fellow alumni. A degree from Newhouse is highly respected in the communications industry.

When bragging to my friends about Syracuse University, the topic tends to lend itself to the classes. I love the homework; for example, I had to design a chair out of cardboard and hot glue that could support four hundred pounds. In addition, the chair was supposed to be aesthetically pleasing. The courses causes me to consider the world from new perspectives. Today, I considered the effect that the environment has on our emotions; for instance, when sitting in a chair, that experience influences our perception of that moment. While my friends complain about math, I have enthusiasm for art.

I always tell my friends about the welcoming atmosphere at Syracuse. Everyone is willing to guide you where you need to go and help you overcome any obstacles that may be in your way. I also brag about the opportunities that my school has to offer, whether it be educational, abroad, internship related or networking based. Syracuse has everything I ever wanted all wrapped in one. The campus is beautiful, the people are friendly, and the experience is truly incredible. People told me that college would be the best four years of my life, I'm starting to believe it.

If I was the type of person to brag, I would talk about the amount of academic opportunities Syracuse University has to offer. I am a recent Paris Noir alum. Last summer I went to Paris to study the African Diaspora. I am a Ronald E. McNair Scholar. I am currently conducting research on African American women and HIV/AIDS. This year, I also became a Remembrance Scholar. I was one of 35 Syracuse University students who represented the SU students killed in a terrorist attack in 1988. With these opportunities, I will be a competitive candidate for graduate school.

When I first decided to attend Syracuse University, the student population was much larger than I'd wanted. However, as my freshman year progressed, I learned that you can make a big school small, but you can't make a small school big. That's one of my favorite things about Syracuse: you'll be striding across the quad to class, but then end up being late to class because you run into so many people you know. In addition, the alumni network and career center at Syracuse are phenomenal -- graduates go out on a limb to help students out.

I attend a large private university. It?s no Ivy League. When my friends from home fanned their golden acceptance letters in my face, I was embarrassed not to be among the elite. But I am in a program for Public Communications that is not only recognized nationwide as the top institution for Journalism, but it is more selective in its application process than Harvard. My friends do not know that, but a future employer in my field will. Worry less about the weight of a college?s name, and more about how it will cater to your needs.

My school is too big for me. It is challenge, because there are many people in one classroom. Also, everyone is smarter than the other one. Everyone is hardworking and compeitive, but I learned many thing from people around me. I like to listen to different lectures and activities that are held on campus. Also, there are a lot of homework. I had grown so much after I came to this school. I started to love my school now. I have changed so much after coming to this school, becasue I have learned so much things here.

When anyone asks about my experience here at Syracuse University, I tell them that I love my school because everyday I see new people and new opporitunities. There is never a dull day as I am faced with campus protests, activities and guest speakers. There are a lot for resources available as the need to succeed is very important here. There is fair share of social activies and it is very "friend-friendly". The school spirit is high, the chancellor is commited and who could ask for a better campus.

Not only is Syracuse University home to one of the best communication schools in the country, but it has so much to offer. It is a welcoming environment from the moment an individual steps onto campus. The school spirit and "orange" atmosphere creates an entertaining aspect of the community, where everyone can come together and root for the school. Volunteering in the Admissions Office allows me to brag and encourage prospective students to apply to Syracuse University for its academic courses

Syrcause excelles in every aspect. From engeneering to theatre, Syracuse offers excellent programs for every major. In addition to outstanding academics, Syracuse offers clubs and activities for any and all intrests you may have. There is nothing like dressing in all oragne and cheering on your team with over 20,000 students and fans at sporting events. With a basketball team that always makes it far in the NCAA tournament, the sports are another thing that makes Syracuse such an amazing school.