Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

While walking to classes is great excerise, it can get really cold. You have to be prepared for all sorts of weather, and it can be hard to stay dry if it rains. The Syracuse winters can be harsh so you have to bundle up like an explorer from the north and feel a little silly, but at least you're warm. But if the weather is all i have to complain about, ithat's a good thing.

Honestly, there is not much negative things I can mention about SU. If I had to mention something I would say its yearly financial aid package. It feels like they offer you a great financial aid package your freshman year, to bring you in. Once your enrolled, while the years pass by your financial aid package decreases immensely. This is my major disagreement with SU as of now.

There are not many things I could consider bad about my school. Personally, the only thing I don't really like is the Liberal Arts Core. Even though I do think that it is good to expose students to a variety of subjects and concentrations, I feel that making them a requirement causes students to take them just to meet standards instead of studying what they really want.

The worst thing about my school is that there are a lot of clicks. To fully experience Syracuse fun wise it is best to join a fraternity or sorority or some type of organization that allows you to meet people. Fraternity and sorority life is very big and classifies a lot of people. So I would say the clicks and stereotypes that go on rea a negative at my school.

There is nothing terrible at this school. The only negative factor is that it is always cold. Winter seem to be the longest season, it is always rainy and or snowing. It is difficult to keep a positive mood when the first thing you wake up to is 10 inches of snow. Though, as the year progress and the sun starts to come out, it makes that negaive factor fade away.

Attending this school is very expensive. The living arrangements on and off campus are pricey, and the on-campus parking is extremely expensive. The meal plan is also quite expensive, and you are required to have one if you live in the dorms freshman and sophomore year. I did get a decent amount of financial aid to attend this school, but it is still overpriced.

The worst thing about my school is the weather. Syracuse is extremely cold during different parts of the year as well as being very dreary due to the constant weather conditions. As well, for a Division I school, we have an extremely poor football team. It would be nice to go to a school like Penn State that really has pride in their winning football team.

I would have to say that the worst thing about school was the amount of distractions! There are so many activities on campus and you're constantly meeting new people. That combination is both good and bad. The good thing about the distractions is that it teaches you to prioritize your daily activities. Something you have to deal with in the real world!

The first thing that pops in my mind is food- although su really does have a lot of variety it gets very old very quicky. Also by not allowing freshman to have a car on campus the students are very limited to what they are able to do on the weekends. The city of Syracuse is dysmal and without a car the only events to do are to go to frat parties.

The worst thing about school for me where distractions. You grow up hearing about college being the best times of your life the partying, sex. Every day it seems that someone is trying to live up to this cliche especially in Syracuse. Party's start on Thursdays end on Saturdays on Sundays the libraries are packed with procrastinators.