Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

Syracuse is a great size. There are enough people here, that there is a group of people like you no matter what kind of person you are. You can find your niche here. The thing is, activities won't come to you. You have go looking for groups to join and concerts to see. If you take the initiative you will have a great time. People don't get off campus too much. Yes, once you have a car you might go to bars or restaurants downtown, but most of the activity is on our around campus. The bus system is great, but not too many students take advantage of it. However, they are working to improve that with a "connective corridor" to downtown, so it should be changing in the next few years. Many students have school pride because of sports, particularly basketball. But other than that, it's not too prevalent.

The campus of Syracuse is quite beautiful and is the definition of a college campus. However, some of the things I dislike of Syracuse University is the lacking of good updated resources. I wish that there would be a better library. I wish they would develop a better south campus for instance, maybe establishing a better gym, dorm, and dining hall. The school administration seems to be so conscious of having the school ranking up by building newer buildings that are not in much need. The school should really spend more money on the right things instead of wasteful resources that the school does not really need.

Syracuse is what you make it. If you want to party every night, you could easily do so. if you dont want to party at all noone judges and noone cares. the size is just perfect because its big enough that you could meet someone new everyday and its small enough to still be able to have a close group of friends. sure its cold out, but its definately not as cold as everyone says. there also really isnt that much snow either, it could be much worse. Marshall st is the best! great food really cheap and the bars are located really close to the dorms so that its easy to get back.

The school was perfect. I visited other schools which seemed too large and spread out, or too small and reminded me of high school. Syracuse was absolutely the right size in terms of the campus and the student body. There was definitely a ton of school pride. I felt like everything was ours. We were proud of our teams. We were proud of our standing against other schools. We were proud of our pizza place, our newspaper, our student housing, our city, and our section of New York State. We were supremely proud of our mascot, Otto The Orange.

Syracuse is a great school to attend. It has a wide variety of classes, majors and activities. Almost anyone can find something they love about the University. The people are very nice, kind and helpful. There is a lot to do around campus and a lot of life long memories to be made. In my opinion Syracuse is a perfect size. It has about 12,000 students which isn't small but isn't overly populated. The Campus is somewhat big but easy to navigate and figure out within the first few days. There are a lot people to meet and a lot of things to do.

I'd say the best thing about Syracuse is the diversity, but therein lies the problem. While we are a diverse campus, socio-economically, ethnically, and otherwise, we are largely segregated according to those groups. I think the campus is a little too small, especially if we're going to keep putting up buildings in places we don't have room for. We have a lot of school pride, especially at basketball games. I'll always remember the friends I've made here--I know that sounds corny, but it's true.

i'd change the amount of snow, its depressing, and you feel trapped because the winter is 3x's as long as any other winter. its just the right size, nice and big with alot of opportunities but professors still know your name. i spend most of my time in my studio doing work or at the library. syracuse is completely a college town, in the summer its a ghost town. there's a huge amount of cuse pride and you should like sports or pride in sports to go here, sat mornings at the dome is where you want to be.

The best thing about Syracuse is that it's the perfect size. It's small enough where you know people when you walk down the street, but at the same time it's big enough for you to meet new people when you go out at night. One thing that I would change about Syracuse is the weather. It would definitely be even more popular if it was in a warmer climate. It contains some of the top programs in the country with the Newhouse and Whitman schools, which separates it from competing universities.

-The best thing about the school is the school pride and the basketball team. I would most want to change the weather, because it is miserable and drags down the feeling of the school for many months of the year. The school is an average size, just right. People often make a statement about the cold winters or the basketball team when I say I go to Syracuse. The city of Syracuse is not a particularly nice place, but the campus itself is very pleasant.

I love Syracuse University. I think it's very diverse and I'm meeting so many amazing people and I have so many opportunities. Also, the networks that I have and will always have makes for a prideful sense. The size is perfect and people always say oh you go to 'CUSE?! I know that my family is proud. There is so much to do, places to go, people to see. I am never bored. And most of all I've made phenomenal friends.