Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

There is not a distinct description of an individual who "should" attend Syracuse University. This college attacks students who can bring a new aspect to the school. The student body is made from a diverse group of people with all different interests and talents. There is not a "typical" person at SU; yet, prospective students should be motivated with an optimistic personality. They should want to take on new tasks and challenge themselves. With the assistance from professors and faculty, students at Syracuse are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunities and experiences they have in front of them.

Someone who seeks good sports, challenging academics, demanding coursework, rewarding work in the community, fun electives, renowned speakers, and professors who want students to succeed should attend Syracuse University. Students don't have to fit any one stereotype, as Syracuse is a melting pot of people from all backgrounds, states, nations, and beliefs. Diversity may be its greatest strength, not counting the basketball and lacrosse teams. If you are not fond of snow, wind, or rain, then Syracuse is not the school for you. Each day, some form of these climatic events preys on Syracuse students.

I believe anyone regardless of race or religion who is determined to maintain a great educational experience should attend Syracuse University. Syracuse is a place where people who are motivated and committed exceed their success. Many students in High school don't take their free education for granted. But those who do, know the importance of advancing to a higher education institute. At times there are students who didn't do so well their first year in high school but picked up their grades and showed improvement, those are the students that Syracuse University look for with programs like HEOP.

Want a small, close-knit community? Enjoy homogeneity? Don't like change? Then you need not apply to Syracuse University. Only those who love diversity, dare to explore new things and are comfortable meeting new people and having new experiences every day should make the best decision of their lifetime and attend Syracuse University. Furthermore, don't be fooled: while Syracuse has a reputation as a party school, the academics are no joy-ride. The future student needs to understand that while it's nice to have fun, too much fun leads to bad grades or, worse yet, explusion.

The type of person who wants to be in a place where the alumni feel as strongly connected to Syracuse University as recent graduates feel. The sense of tradition is strong here, and I look forward to keeping my relationship with the university active for years after I've left campus. Students who are motivated to do good, get a well-rounded education, open their eyes to new ideas, and thrive in an energetic community will flourish at 'Cuse. Syracuse is the perfect blend of new experiences and old traditions for anyone that wants to make it their own.

I think its more of a person who wants to be here and has some commonground witht culture of the school and thinks of education as an investment and a key to a brighter tomorrow. Its not the grades that matter but the urge to make it big, while taking home a lesson learnt and mastering whatever one wishes to do..A person who wishes to develop an all round career ignoring the extremeties of the weather etc. And I am one of them thats why I joined Syracuse!!And I am proud of my decision!!!Go cuse!

Any type of person should attend Syracuse. I feel that the transition that occurs between your senior year of high school to that of your senior year of college is a major one. No body knows who they are when they first enter college, but the great thing about Syracuse University is that it gives you a vast area to explore and find yourself. There are no cliches and you will find a group of people that you best fit in with. On campus, it's not just black and white, there's every color in between.

The kind of person that wants a solid education but does not mind the cold weather. This person should be someone who is open to the possibilities a college has to offer--the academics, extra curricular activities, and atheltics. This person should be someone who does not want to go to a small school (<10,000 students), but also does nt want to go to a large one (>20,000). This person should also be someone who does not care too much about the area surrounding campus.

Both someone who does not know what they want, and someone with a set goal in mind; Syracuse accepts a diverse mix of students, and has the classes/resources to allow them to mold, or continue, what they want. At this school, there are a large amount of students with parents who have money, but that does not make up the whole student body. Shopping is prevalent in all directions, but there are also wonderful parks and mountains for your enjoyment.

To be honest, I think LcSmith School of Engineering is a welcoming place to anyone who wants to do better in his/her life and is prepared to be challenged by the intensive courses. To those students who have strong academic backgrounds, there are more than enough tough problems waiting for you to solve; while to students who are relatively not that good, they can also find timely help and make lots of friends with professors, faculties and peers.