Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

When choosing Syracuse I was searching for an art school with a structured program that had resources availble for students. At the same time, I did not want to limit myself to learning solely about art. At Syracuse University, I am able to study my major to its fullest. While taking the required courses, I can also explore other topics such as relgion, history, philosphy, to name a few. The first year of school is dedicated to learing about other majors and trying to determine the which form of art would best suit me. I love the approach to learning.

Seniors don't want to graduate. They are happy in college and don't want to move on to the "real world" with responsiblities. They like their lifestyle and do not want to leave their groups of friends. The exciting part about moving on is to escape from the weather and city of Syracuse. Very little exists outside the university and students are happy to move on to bigger cities. Alumni are very enthusiastic and support the sports teams. Basketball is extremely popular to follow and attend games - probably the best aspect of "the 'cuse."

The best thing about Syracuse University is the diverse campus. There are so many people who come to Syracuse from all over the country, even from other countries besides this one. Being exposed to diversity helps me to realize how vast our world is. I grew up in a small town and was not exposed to different opinions or backgrounds. I believe that the diversity of Syracuse University makes me want to explore different places and review different viewpoints. This has increased my thirst for knowledge, which develops my education.

The best thing about my school is the well developed field of studies that my school provides for me. I feel as though I am well exposed to all fields and aspects of architectural studies that I will need to be aware of, in order to become a successful architect. While I am on this campus, my focus is to pursue my field of study and to absorb all that I can while I'm here. I have been presented with a remarkable opportunity. My school provides me with the knowledge, that I would never find at another architecture school.

I consider the student community the best thing at school. Most of the people that I have met here are very friendly and share our orange pride. There is a large amount of clubs that can be joined that can benefit everyone of every major and interest. There truely is something for everyone and there is always a group of people for you to discover that could end up being your new best friends. Because the people are so nice it is very easy to make friends all over the place that you can form life long connections with.

I consider the people you meet here the best thing about my school. Everyone that I've met so far has been kind and friendly, ranging from students to faculty. If you meet the right people, they are more than willing to help you, especially the staff. Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without my advisor here. At Syracuse, it's not only a relationship between a student and a faculty member, but we are able to advance on to more friendly terms and you can tell that they really care about you and want to help.

Syracuse University is an academically rigorous institute which offers its students numerous opportunities and experiences. Further, the campus is big enough for one to feel as though they are truly on their own yet small enough to see a bunch of people you know while walking down the quad. This school has a familial atmosphere to it that makes its students feel welcome and it is within this environment that students can be motivated to excel academically.

The quantity and quality of campus organizations is probably one of the best aspects of Syracuse. In my first semester, I joined an organization for the advancement of the film program and the campus rado station, both of which I feel a passion for. I didn't feel any of that passion before I joined, and now I'm fully committed to these organizations. There are so many more I could join too, and I'm sure they are very important and organized groups.

The best thing about Syracuse is that it is a steryotypical university. You will find students very focused on academics, die-hard sports fans, alcoholics, fraternities and sororities, house parties, tons of clubs and extracurricular activities. This gives you a great 'college' feel that I loved for the first two years that I was here, now I am sick of it and would rather hang out in a bigger city with more mature people and other activities.

I would consider the best thing about my school is the campus. The architectural design of each building is unique and unlike any other school, it gives you a special feeling. When you first arrive to the campus, the buildings are like castles that provides a relaxing sensation when you first step into the University. The campus is not too big, so classes are easier to find and it only takes around 10-15 minutes to get across the campus.