Syracuse University Top Questions

Brandi

The best thing about Syracuse University is the school spirit. Everyone always knows when sporting events are going to be taking place. The athletes are friendly and down to earth; the "fame" doesn't go to their heads.

It's diverse and accepting. It's very liberal. There are a lot of great classes to choose from. The school spirit is great.

I consider the student community the best thing at school. Most of the people that I have met here are very friendly and share our orange pride. There is a large amount of clubs that can be joined that can benefit everyone of every major and interest. There truely is something for everyone and there is always a group of people for you to discover that could end up being your new best friends. Because the people are so nice it is very easy to make friends all over the place that you can form life long connections with.

Vanessa

I think the amount of extracurricular options really makes this school that much greater. Along with such school spirit, having so many extracurricular activities to get involved in or start gives everyone a sense of belonging, and in such a big school, that's key to a good experience.

Xixi

The school allows me to do things that I want to do and gives me a chance to learn whatever I want to learn. It doesn't only feel like a school, it also feels like a big family. The professors here encourage me to try different things and help me to reach my goal. They are not only acting as professors, they are more like friends.

Cassandra

The best thing about my school is that it allows me to study and be exposed to everything I truly care about. I am able to major in Public Relations, Political Science, Citizenship and Civic Engagement, and minor in Fashion and Beauty Communications. In addition, the faculty makes all of that possible while still giving me time to study abroad and engage in many campus activities.

Samuel

I think the best thing about Syracuse University is that there is never a dull moment. Syracuse is big enough that there is always someone somewhere on campus interested in the same things that you are interested in and wants to do exactly what you want to do, you just have to find them. A person will never be hoping that they went somewhere else after coming to Syracuse University, and you would never once be bored while here.

Taylor

I think the fact that my University is so large, there is never a dull moment or you being left with nothing to do. The library is 24 hours, there are always stress relieving activities, and for the partiers , there are always parties, or you have your own. Overall it fits everyone!

Alexandra

The best thing about SU is the perceivable diversity in the student body. I believe this, along with acceptance, is the best thing, because it allows non-American students to ease into the already harsh transition that is moving out of home and going to college.

Andre

The best thing about my school I feel is that whatever your interests are you can explore them. My school has so many different networks and people you can connect to so what ever is your interest you can explore it and do that.

Robert

The incredibly wide variety of course offerings, the study abroad programs, and the number of guests that the university brings in for presentations, concerts, events, etc.

Noureddine

Academics- the university is such an excellent place to learn and grow. It is an amazing place.

michelle

My school is very diverse. There are a lot of opportunities in this school and so much to offer. There is always some type of event in Syracuse University. it's a nice community to be in. i

Danielle

The best thing about SU is being able to meet so many different people from around the country and around the world and learn all about their experiences .

Brad

Seniors don't want to graduate. They are happy in college and don't want to move on to the "real world" with responsiblities. They like their lifestyle and do not want to leave their groups of friends. The exciting part about moving on is to escape from the weather and city of Syracuse. Very little exists outside the university and students are happy to move on to bigger cities. Alumni are very enthusiastic and support the sports teams. Basketball is extremely popular to follow and attend games - probably the best aspect of "the 'cuse."

Laura

I think the broad range of majors available on campus are a huge opportunity because a lot of students don't know exactly what they want to do. I also think that all of the extracurricular activities are a huge adavantage because they help you figure out what you want to do.

Matthew

I believe that the professors are the best thing about Syracuse University. I say this because they are here to help everyone, including, myself, to achieve their goals in passing their respective courses for their respective majors. I'm trying grateful to have been able to know some outstanding professors in my first semester of school at Syracuse University.

Wendy

I would consider the best thing about my school is the campus. The architectural design of each building is unique and unlike any other school, it gives you a special feeling. When you first arrive to the campus, the buildings are like castles that provides a relaxing sensation when you first step into the University. The campus is not too big, so classes are easier to find and it only takes around 10-15 minutes to get across the campus.

Jaime

Definitely the size...it is perfect. It is big enough that there is always something going on, but small enough that you don't feel lost in the crowd. Syracuse plans many different events and brings in wonderful speakers; there is something here for everyone. And for this reason, I don't know anyone who doesn't love it at Syracuse. I mean after all...orange is a pretty cool color.

Belinda

The students in my major classes are really helpful and close-knit. Everyone helps each other out and in general is really friendly. This can be rare in a university, especially an engineering college.

The best thing about my school is the library. I find everything I need there.

The environment is amazing. You really feel like you're a part of something. Upper-classmen are really helpful and surprisingly welcoming - you feel like you made the right choice as soon as you step foot on campus. And you'll feel that every step you take after.

Megan

The best things about Syracuse University include the networking available to SU students and the ability to discover new people, new cultures, and new practices. At Syracuse, I've been exposed to many different cultures and cultural practices, being part of an International Living-Learning Community, and have also been interviewed for an internship as a Freshman using the network available at SU.

School Spirit. Our lacrosse team are national champions, and our basketball team is amazing! Sporting events are a hugeeeeee part of Syracuse, and everyone shows their school spirit.

Kyle

The quantity and quality of campus organizations is probably one of the best aspects of Syracuse. In my first semester, I joined an organization for the advancement of the film program and the campus rado station, both of which I feel a passion for. I didn't feel any of that passion before I joined, and now I'm fully committed to these organizations. There are so many more I could join too, and I'm sure they are very important and organized groups.

Joanna

The best thing about my Syracuse is that it has changed my life. At my school, I have met the most amazing people, found an academic area that truly interests me, embraced a true, strong school spirit and finally felt at home at my own school.

Cindy

The amount of social activities around campus because most student will not be bored.

The best thing about my school is all the social interaction. Yes You tend to see people relating to each other with similiar features but there is a group out there for you. All the social interactions are games, plays, events, speackers, and parties.

Tanesha

I think that the constant emphasis on scholarship in action as well as the pursuit of academic excellence motivated students here on campus. I believe that this positive encouragement is great for students. especially for students such as myself that come from low income neighborhoods.

greek life, variety of classes, good professors, study areas, snow, very accessible to get to the train station, mall or off campus places

Kimberly

The best thing about Syracuse University is ersources it provides us. Whether you need to find a job, internship or off-campus housing, there is a place on campus that can assist you well. The university does a great job at trying to offer students resources, whether or not they actually use them is another story.

Daniel

Syracuse University offers the best of the acedemic and social world. Here students play hard and work hard.

Silvia

The best thing about Syracuse is the environment that the school tries to create for its students considering the circumstances - the city and some of the poor neighborhoods surrounding the university.

george

teachet student relations, it really gives you a chance to ask questions and learn the material better, and can lead to better opportunities in terms of internships, work, research, ect.

Steven

The best thing about Syracuse is that it is a steryotypical university. You will find students very focused on academics, die-hard sports fans, alcoholics, fraternities and sororities, house parties, tons of clubs and extracurricular activities. This gives you a great 'college' feel that I loved for the first two years that I was here, now I am sick of it and would rather hang out in a bigger city with more mature people and other activities.

Melissa

The best thing about my school is that I feel comfortable to just be myself. The most important thing is that I feel comfortable in my skin.

Katelyn

There's endless opportunity at Syracuse - Opportunity to learn, to be involved, and to do what you want to do. If you want to study and focus more on the academic aspect of university life, there's enough space to do that where you aren't getting sucked into socializing. The same goes for having more of an emphasis on socializing - socializing and academics rarely have to overlap if you don't want them to.

Christopher

The best thing about my school is that the students are very loyal to the school and there is a lot of school pride around campus.

Alexandra

When choosing Syracuse I was searching for an art school with a structured program that had resources availble for students. At the same time, I did not want to limit myself to learning solely about art. At Syracuse University, I am able to study my major to its fullest. While taking the required courses, I can also explore other topics such as relgion, history, philosphy, to name a few. The first year of school is dedicated to learing about other majors and trying to determine the which form of art would best suit me. I love the approach to learning.

Jaspreet

The best thing about my school is the fact that we have so many resources and connections in the real world, that will help with job placement. It is an amazing thing to have a degree from SU on your resume, because most likely you will end up finding an alumni who will be more than willing to help to find you a job.

Tim

My school is an excellent school for those looking to purse business, science (engineering, computers, etc.), or public relations degrees. The school has extensive alumni networks that keep these programs running. However, it is sometimes at the expense of other schools (particularly, fine arts and education)

Esther

I consider the people you meet here the best thing about my school. Everyone that I've met so far has been kind and friendly, ranging from students to faculty. If you meet the right people, they are more than willing to help you, especially the staff. Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without my advisor here. At Syracuse, it's not only a relationship between a student and a faculty member, but we are able to advance on to more friendly terms and you can tell that they really care about you and want to help.

Tom

I think the best thing about Syracuse Univeristy is location. It is located in the center of New York State and is easy to access from all directions.

Dennis

The best thing about Syracuse is the opportunities availible to students of any major or interest. The staffs are eperts in the fields they teach and there is never a moment where you can not approach any of them for help.

Shirley

The best thing about Syracuse University overall is that the campus is very open to different people and more specifically, in the Whitman School of Management, I consider the friendly competitions as the best thing.

Darren

The Newhouse School of Communications. It is one of the best communications schools in the country and the Alumni and faculty there are top-notch. Jobs will be easy to come by after graduation on name and reputation alone.

Nahum

My school provides every and any opportunity avaliable for students to benefit from now and later in the future.

Harmandeep

The best thing about this school is that there are opportunities. This University provides so many opportunities to succeed whether its job opportunities or research opportunity. There is a lot of information out there for everyone however you have to take the first step. The counselors and/or advisers keep everyone up-to-date of any important event. Its like a family and everyone cares about each other.

Patrick

The fact that everyone takes pride in the fact that they are here. When you walk around you will see a lot of pride in this school among students. Everyone here is pretty relaxed so you can lay outside and just relax without having to worry about being bothered about anything.

Kaitlin

The focus on careers after college and internships before graduation. There are very strong resources on campus that help with these things.