Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

SU really is a community. There's a lot of school pride, and if you're even marginally sociable then by juinor year at the latest you can't walk across campus without seeing at least five people you know. Whether I'm at the bars on Marshall St. relaxing on the quad between classes, I always see someone I know.

My school is an excellent school for those looking to purse business, science (engineering, computers, etc.), or public relations degrees. The school has extensive alumni networks that keep these programs running. However, it is sometimes at the expense of other schools (particularly, fine arts and education)

I must say the various ways of getting assistance on a specific course you are taking here. The professors have office hours, there are one on one tutoring, Academic Excellence Workshop, TA's have offic hours, and there are "clinics" in that particular subject, for example, Math Clinic for all math courses.

I think that the constant emphasis on scholarship in action as well as the pursuit of academic excellence motivated students here on campus. I believe that this positive encouragement is great for students. especially for students such as myself that come from low income neighborhoods.

I think the amount of extracurricular options really makes this school that much greater. Along with such school spirit, having so many extracurricular activities to get involved in or start gives everyone a sense of belonging, and in such a big school, that's key to a good experience.

I think the fact that my University is so large, there is never a dull moment or you being left with nothing to do. The library is 24 hours, there are always stress relieving activities, and for the partiers , there are always parties, or you have your own. Overall it fits everyone!

The fact that everyone takes pride in the fact that they are here. When you walk around you will see a lot of pride in this school among students. Everyone here is pretty relaxed so you can lay outside and just relax without having to worry about being bothered about anything.

I think the broad range of majors available on campus are a huge opportunity because a lot of students don't know exactly what they want to do. I also think that all of the extracurricular activities are a huge adavantage because they help you figure out what you want to do.

The environment is amazing. You really feel like you're a part of something. Upper-classmen are really helpful and surprisingly welcoming - you feel like you made the right choice as soon as you step foot on campus. And you'll feel that every step you take after.

The best thing about SU is the perceivable diversity in the student body. I believe this, along with acceptance, is the best thing, because it allows non-American students to ease into the already harsh transition that is moving out of home and going to college.