Talladega College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Talladega College

Stashia

My overall opinion of Talladega College is that its a great school with a great teaching curriculum, but just needs more improvement on many things such as the food, facilities, and more extra curricular activities.

Karla

Talladega College is not what I expected it to be. One of the only things keeping me from not transferring are the people, southern hospitality and the fact that I am an athlete. I am from California and the culture change is something I am embracing, however, the environment in general is not something I enjoy. There are not many sports here at Talladega College like most 4 year universities and our athletic facilities are not eye catching.

michelle

when looking at talladega from a student prospective i would say that the college life is the best thing right now. there is so much support from the students and staff it is unbelievable. if you are nervous about college there is no need to be because talladega stick together as a family and try to make sure everyone be a success.

Carlesia

Talladega College is full of historic buildings and artwork. It really makes you appreciate the history of the college. Our professors take time to tell us about the rich history of the college and that we are all privileged to be able to come to such a historic landmark.

Romello

This is a pretty good school, but I feel like they could improve with there dorm sizes, the dorms are very small. They could improve the dorm staff because there pretty unprofessional, and they could improve the community bathroom. It’s pretty nasty sometimes and the showers are old and broken.

Nyresha

I love my HBCU! Talladega College has become home for me and I take pride in my institution. The family oriented atmosphere, in my opinion, has to be one of Talladega College's biggest pros. Students, professors, and faculty connect on a different, more personal level because of this. I genuinely feel cared for and believe professors and administrators want the best for my peers and I. I am a proud Degan.

Ayala

As a student and a second generation Degan, I feel as if the school has decreased in its level of decorum. The classes are amazing and the professors are very personable. However, student life values have declined rapidly. Most students on campus do not represent all that Talladega preaches in their tours. One could find more students out doing drugs and not showing up to classes, yet still going to the school on full scholarships with less than subpar GPAs. Then there are students with outstanding GPAs and participating in extra-curricular activities, yet they have partial scholarships from the school and are struggling to find the money to pay off balances. I feel like the school should look more into cases like this and find the source of these issues. I have heard countless stories of how students that are on the Presidential list and are even in the Presidential Honor Society at the school are having to take out massive loans. All because the school won't give them any money or they already "get too much money from the school" How can a student get too much money from the school when even the highest academic scholarship offered by the school does not pay for full tuition? But there are students that participate in EXTRA-curriculars that are getting full-ride scholarships? The same amount of students that decide to come to the school is the exact same number that plans not to return for these reasons and so much more.

Antynesha

Talladega College is a very small school. It is great as in academics wise. The professors are nice and the residence halls are very nice. I would recommend every graduating senior to check out Talladega College the campus is small but it will be worth it at the end.

Emerald

Talladega College is a very small community. The population of the school is about 700 students therefore not a lot of people come out and get active with the school. Although we are a small school, students still strive to achieve greatness and the professors help their students. Talladega College has a lot of growing to do. Hopefully the students will com forward and help the campus make a change and make the environment be a little more enjoyable than it is now.

Diamond

Talladega College is a good HBCU. its a small campus so everybody knows everybody. we are like one big family, they classes are a good size and if you was to ever need help in any class somebody is always there to help you. there's a few things that could change about Talladega but its coming together slowly but surely. Its a small campus and really nothing around it so if the school was to put more to do around there that would be great! but so far I love my HBCU.

Essence

I love my HBCU. This is the best choice I have made thus far. The school is extremely friendly. When i came I got that family vibe. Everyone was welcoming me and i loved it. This year has taught me alot. Before i had never hearrd of Talladega but I am glad that i chose this school beacuse i love it.

Westin

Talladega College is an excellent school however, I still believe they can do better. There are certain things that can be better here on campus. The bathrooms could be slightly cleaner and larger. The buildings, in my opinion, could be updated. I also believe the food in the cafeteria could should be improved.

Taelyr

I love my HBCU. Talladega College is such a great institution. I love how the campus is not too big and not to small everything is walking distance. We are also getting new building on campus which everyone is excited about because it has been over 20 years since new buildings have been built. We have a very excellent president by the name of Billy C. Hawkins who has made all of these accomplishments possible. Although Talladega College does not have a football team we have a very talented marching band to make up for it. Talladega College is like a big family everyone has a great time with each other and always willing to help one another.