Tallahassee, FL
Tallahassee Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tallahassee Community College

Konrad

If i could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell myself some very important things that i may want to consider. I would first explain to myself that i should first do alot of research on the school which i will choose as college of my choice, and the best for the program in my feild of study. I will also explain to myself anywhere i go my experiences may differ from anyone elses college experiences and not to worry so much about that aspect. I would additionally tell myself that I should do the best i can at that time because it is going to affect which schools will accept me, and which classes i will be put into. I would just get myself a little more prepared than i was.

I wish i could have known how much of a difference is it going to be coming from high school. Especially coming from New Jersey to Florida, there is alot of sourrounding differences in the classrooms and out of the classrooms. I wish I was more aware of what wiill be excpeted of me in the next cuple years, and wish i was more prepared.

A person who is not ready to buckle down and start doing work that will further himself or herself in life. A person who is not ready for the world, maybe scared, and doesnt have anyidea what they plan on doing in the next 5-10 years.

Chanelle

Tallahasee Community College is a school were diversity plays a huge role in many of our classrooms.

Being in college for two semesters so far has really gave me an insight on what college is really about. It has shown me that college students must have tough skin and be prepared for anything thrown your way. Balancing living on your own, social life, and maintaining good grades can become very overwhelming to one's life in college. For example, there are situations where students may become tempted to go out and have a good time, instead of spending more time on concentrating on school studies. Plus, in my opinion independence goes along way in ones individuality. So all in all if i hade advice for myself before i entered college i would simply say "discipline is everthing".

The best advice I could give myself if I could go back in time would be to not be afraid to follow my instincts. I would tell myself to do a lot of research and to not be afraid to ask questions about anything that I was potentially interested in pursuing. I would also tell myself to think outside of the box and that while valuing others? opinions on my future; it is ultimately my life and my decision. Following your own instincts will guide you on to becoming a happy and successful individual.

Students that are looking for a ?party school? should not attend Tallahassee Community College. Students that attend T.C.C. should be serious about their futures, because it is a great tool that will prepare students to move on to a larger university. They should be focused and determined about their future.

I always brag about the wonderful professors that teach at Tallahassee Community College. I also love that the class size is generally small, and that the professors give a lot of individual attention to their students.

Two words: young and free; as a result, most of my classmates focus on partying than their studies.

Focus on school but don't forget to have a little fun or you'll miss out on the whole college experience. Let loose and try to make new friends because the ones you had in high school will not always be there. Also, don't just listen to an advisor, research your major and college choices yourself and then bring your ideas to them, don't try to get them to make decisions for you because it might not be what you want in the end. Plus, advisors are not helpful if they don't know what to advise you on. Be smart in your financial choices. Try to apply to as many scholarships as you can and if you follow all of this advice, or at least some of it, you should have a postitive college experience.

The first thing that came to mind is the smokers, it seems everywhere I go, I'm walking into a cloud of smoke.

Carissa

Give the chance to go back and talk to myself while still in high school, with all the knowledge that I have gotten from being in college. I would tell myself to not wait till the last minute to fill out my college applications and to fill out more scholarship applications at the same time. Then I would tell myself not to stand off to the side during orientation or the first day of classes and give people the chance to meet me before making judgments about them ahead of time. Also I would tell myself to go to more of the school events to have a good time and meet more new people.

The person who should attend this school is someone that wants to continue with their education, and have the motivation to accomplish all their assignments on time. They are also very respectful and demonstrate excellent behavior in the classroom, so that they do not distract other students.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is someone who does not have the motivation to continue their schooling, and are only doing it because it's what their parents want them to do. Also the kind of person that shouldn't go here is someone who is very disruptive, and unwilling to be taught in the classroom, which makes it difficult for other students to learn.

Caitlin

If the question is pertaining to educational recognition, I would say Nursing. I know a lot of people, both male and female who attend TCC for their nursing education. If the question was pertaining to sports, I think the answer would be softball. TCC has been finalists in nationals for many years now and both the coaches and the players are dedicated to the program as well as their school work.

Oh Caty, how nieve you are. While you're in biology, I'm sure your thinking about shopping during lunch or about the guy you're seeing right now.. Trust me, you don't wear any of the clothes you've spent hundreds on more than once and you don't still talk to any of the guys you date. Save your money to buy that 4runner you want so it doesn't take you twice as long to buy it so you can stop driving that beat up volvo of mom's. Keep your friends and stay loyal to them, don't get sidetracked by a boy. Have faith that good grades get you farther than you think in life because they end up helping somehow in many cases. When you're in a parking lot, look both ways! You get in many wrecks and they cause you nothing but stress and money. When you get to college, don't skip class just because the teacher doesn't take attendence. Look up you're teachers before you sign up for classes, withdrawling looks bad and FSU won't take "I had the worst teacher!" as an excuse. Good luck!

As unoriginal as this sounds, Tallahassee Community College is filled with all sorts or personalities and ethnic backgrounds and I think that's what makes it so great. You have voices speaking from ages seventeen to sixty on what they want out of life and the experience they want from the college. The administrators have such a variety of classes that anyone can find a class they're interested in. Once you start TCC, you'll see how easy and convienant college can be.

ashlie

if i could go back in time about high school i would try harder in trying to get schalorships and grants, becouse i am having a hard time paying for school amd the goverment will not help me becouse my parents make to much money. my parents may make money but they have three kids and they do not help me any more and have not helped me in since i graduated high school in 2007. so it is taking me a lot longer to finish school. i have taken out loans but i have already taken out 20 thousand dollars in loans and i have only been going to school for two semesters. i'm going to Keiser university to get my medical assisting degree then finish with my RN degree, but I dont want to be thousands of dollars in debt when im done with school . so that hat I would go back and do if i could go back in time a redo high school.

the class size, the careing of the teachers, the student and faculty attitudes are wonderful and a joy to be around.

The type of student that should attend this school. The student should be a student ready and looking forward to getting a degree in the profession thay are attending the school for. The student should be on time and ready to learn and work in the class room. the student should be able and want to keep their grades and gpa up at all times, so that they can get the job of their dreams.

Figure out what your three possible majors could be before you even graduate high school. Always have plan A, plan B,and plan C. Don't just expect to jump into the midst of things because your SAT, ACT, or CPT scores might not permit you into normal education classes. Prepare for these tests so you pass with flying colors or you might be stuck in remediel classes before you can start taking classes that count towardsyour degree. Don't think college is for partying either. College is there to educate you not help you fail. Go to college with a mindset of your future being your top priority.

The most fustrating thing about my school is the parking lotand the passers-by that cause the traffic to be horrible. Parking sucks.

sakina

I would tell myself to take as many college credit courses that are available to become more knowledgeable of how college classes are taken. To get into as many extracurricular activities to show that your involved within the school. To do good in all your classes and always stay motivated in order to succeed.

The type of person that shouldn't attend my school is a person that isn't self motivated, driven for success, and doesn't have high study skills.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack communication of activites throughout the campus.

Matthew

As far as I know, TCC is known best for having the largest number of students who transfer to Florida State after receiving their AA or AS degree, which is what I plan on doing as well.

1) Take advantage of the free time you receive and put a good, strong emphasis on studying. 2) Also, many professors don't regularly take roll, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't attend class just because you don't have to. You will still probably miss something that they went over in class and it will likely hurt you on an upcoming test. 3) Enjoy yourself. It's so much better and less stressful than high school.

The thing I like best about TCC is the student to teacher ratio, which is considerably better than I would be around if I had decided to attend a large university. Within a few weeks of class, my professors will know me by name and I can always receive individual help.

Tallahassee Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.