Tallahassee, FL
Tallahassee Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tallahassee Community College

Khateycia

My classmates are smart and intelligent students who know what they want and what they need to do to succeed in life at Tallahassee Community College.

My school is known for the number one Community College in the nation, for producing A.A. degrees among two year colleges. Tallahassee Community College is also the number one tranfer school to Florida State University and Florida A&M University. TCC does not discriminate against any persons on the basis of race, religion,disability,or age in its programs and activities. Tallahasse Community College helps to pursue your academics and career goals. They also provide walk-in tutoring on any subjet between students free time on campus.

Its never to early to start applying for scholarships because your going to need them in the long run. Make sure you have enough money so you nor your parents wont have to pay for anything. If scholarships dont work as you plan, have a back up plan. Make an to do list or an goal list for college , so you will know what you are preparing for.

I feel like the fact it is kind of community based would be what makes it unique. Plus, some of the teachers here are great.

I would tell myself not to get involved with the crowd I did when I was in Tampa so I would have focused more on school. I would tell myself to hang in there, rather than dropping a class and receiving a WF; I think that's the main thing I would tell myself. I would also tell myself I should work harder and take more college courses instead of dual enrolling for my last semester only.

I wish I had realized if I had applied to FSU two days prior, I would have been accepted for the fall semester since my grades are good if the WFs are not included.

Kyle

My classmates at Tallahassee community College are widely vaired in age, race, and personality, which makes for a unique blending of demographs.

Tallahasseee Community College is best known for giving people a chance for bettering themselves, and their lives by offering a comprehensive education with fantastic teachers that push for a higher level of material comprehesion, not just a foucus on getting done with the material just to get done.

Charlene

The classes are small, and the teachers are great !!

The classes are small, and the teachers are great !!

Study harder and take college classes while im still in high school .

Enrollment, is a pain, getting all the right paper work together.

ricky

To start with, my class mates are nice, they pay attention to what is going on in the class room, they work well when doing assignment together, and they are friendly, I enjoy being around them and talking with them as well as working with them when seperated into groups.

To start with i would tell my self to work harder, so i can achieve a better opportunity in obtaining a better degree. I would also tell my self that paying attention play a key role in school.

Audrey

Tallahassee Community College is a great campus with professors who are always willing to help students.

Dear Past Audrey, First off, don’t worry! You will be fine! I won’t tell you to not be nervous or to be more prepared for college; I think you have that covered. I want to tell you to be more excited! College is a huge next step and the beginning to something that can be great. College is a time where you get to be independent and try new things. Take advantage of these opportunities and be thankful for the challenges. Get involved in a club or an organization. This will give you an opportunity to meet new people and experience something new. Don’t be bored with school, make the most of it! Make sure you take the time to make friends. The first years of college should be fun, and a time to make good memories. There are tons of cool people out there if you take the opportunities to get to know them. Remember that you won’t be handed anything in life you can’t handle. Take things one step at a time. You’ll do great! -Future Audrey P.S. Don’t wear sandals to graduation, and watch out for the top step!

The administration and help desk is not very helpful. When seeking help about classes, paperwork, or other basic school records the people did not know how to help me or gave me false information. Also, guidance counselors give wrong advice about what classes to take. I've heard this from multiple students and think so too, myself.

Karson

If I could go back in time and talk to my highschool stuff I would have so much to say! First off I would start by saying that even though Highschool is suppossed to be the "funnest years of your life," focus on your school work! One hiccup during highschool can be the one thing that keeps you from getting into the school of your dreams. You may think one C here or a D there isn't a big deal, because you can always just do better next year right? Wrong. It is extremely hard to pull up your GPA even after one bad grade. Getting in to a good college is so important, because this is your future we are talking about! Do good in school and put your social life second. If you focus in school and do well you can graduate with a masters by the age of 24-25 and thats when life really starts. Going to a great college and getting a degree will be the best decision of your life! So go on, try hard and succeed and land the job of your dreams!

Students who enjoy small class settings and slower paced learning should definitely try TCC. The class sizes are rarely over 50. The currciulum is not very demanding and easily managed. People who want to focus solely on school work rather than sports teams and other social activities would like it here. There is no football team, sororities or fraternities here so if that is NOT your thing, this school is for you.

A lot of my friends at larger universities struggle with the massive class sizes and enormous campuses. TCC's campus is very easy to maneuver and I rarely get lost. It also has great oppurtunites for receiving extra help. Their Learning Commons has saved my grades many times. They have awesome tutors and often hold group tutoring sessions on the weekends. In these group sessions the tutor reteaches you different lessons. They really are great and know what they are doing. Anytime I am struggling, I go straight to the Learning Commons!

Kaley

My School is very accepting and cultural.

My School is very accepting and cultural.

I would advise myself to look forward and think long term. So many high school seniors are caught up in the moment of being the top of the school, having a great time, and after graduating enjoying thier new freedom. I would remind myself to stay focused, keep working hard, getting accepted to one or two colleges does not mean you can give up. The ahrdest classes, hardest teachers, hardest situations are yet to come, and you should continue to bette yourself everyday. You never know what could happen once you set foot on that college campus. Have fun and stay level headed. Accept the responsibilities of being an adult, not just the benefits.

My advice to myself would be to take every test and final exam as serious as possible Study and take the time out to pay more attention to whats's being taught even if I already know it. Take the time to pass all my classes with A's and B's so my gpa would be high enough to where I would be eligilbe for scholarships.

The amount of resources that is provided to students on campus.

This is a very diverse college and all students can attend and will be very happy.

Amber

It is a small, bright well educated school.

It is a small, bright well educated school.

I would tell my self at no point is slacking allowed. I would also say try my hardest and stay on top of my game. Don't let anything get in your way and stay strong!

Anyone who wants a college degree!

Tallahassee Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.