Tallahassee, FL
Tallahassee Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tallahassee Community College

Rebekah

I would tell myself to stop being afraid. Fear of what people thought about me and the fear to stand out and be different always held me back from things I wanted to do. If I could go back, I would tell myself to forget what people think. So what that I wasn't the "ideal" size or that I wasn't considered cool. I loved being goofy when it was the right time and I loved my friends. I would tell myself that you are missing so much by sitting on the sidelines. Step out, be who you are and don't be afraid to shine and grow. Life is too short for regrets and don't forget it!

I wish I had known more about myself. I was always a very quiet person, and never spoke out. I wish I had that time back to realize who I am, and that fitting in with the crowd doesn't matter. It is all about being you. Finding myself is the best thing to ever happen.

You shouldn't come to this school if you are not willing to put forth effort. Yes, there are easy classes. However, the whole point of learning is putting forth effort to learn, and to do your absolute best. If you aren't a person who does that, then it probably isn't the best choice for you.

MC

The best thing I consider about my school is all the resources the school havs to offer. I don't have access to a computer my school provides a computer, there is an unlimited amout of time you are able to check emails, do test online, write papers, and get information. When it comes to sources you have the financal aid office the provides you scholarships; they keep you informed on loans, scholarships. The best thing I like about the school is the advising they give help you sign up for the classes you need to take for you major.

The transaction from high school and college is a very big difference and i knew what i knew now and the things that i do now I would have made some changes in high school. If I had the chance to go back in time when i was in high school I would have told myself to make sure i study alot, get a tutors in the subjects i need most help in, make sure i hang around the wrong crowd, make sure I join organizatiomns, or be involved in any atheletics. In high school i was a goof ball i didnt study because i didnt know how to, i was barely passing cheating is what got me to collegeb now that i get here i have to do alot on my own some people dont want to help you. I use to hang around the wrong crowd but keeping myself occupied with dancing and organizations i stay out of trouble and Now i study more to get good grades I want to be able to get an education without cheating my way threw it.

The type of person that should attend Tallahassee Community College are those that had hard times in high school and wasn't able to get into a university or someone who want to independent they may feel they are able to get the eduacation they want without anyones help I would say those who are self motivated should attend. The advising is great they several or sources to help you. They have people that tutor you if your not a big fan of studying and if have hard times getting to know the material.

Thais

If I could return to the past, I would have told myself to stay living with my parents until I completed my two year associates degree. Then after that was complete, I would continue to a 4-year college to finish a bachelors degree. I made the mistake of leaving too early and taking on too much responsibility at once. The best advice I could have given myself is to slow down, make rational decisions with budget expenses, and complete one thing at a time.

I wish I could have learned more about the extensive study resources that they offer. I have just now taken advantage of the Learning Commons and the additional help that they offer for classes.

The worst thing about the school is the gym facility and its hours of operation. The students pay so much for tuition and fees but we don't have a large enough gym with classes to actually enjoy it. Its very crowded and the hours of operation are inconvenient.

Anthony

I would start by saying your gpa is important. You have the intelligence to be a 4.0 student. There is a lot of scholarships you can qualify for if your gpa is high enough. You have to look beyond just high school right now. You cant wait till the last minute to come up with a plan. Be involved, go out and network and make as many contacts as you can now it may benefit you later. Strive to be above the norm and stand out from others. Ask questions, even though you think you do you do not know everything. Find ways to challenge yourself any leg up on the competetion would be an huge advantage. You are entering a global world now with a global economy. There are people from all across the world now competing for the same colleges, scholarships, and jobs. College just doesn't prepare you for a job it prepares you for life. So don't blow off high school and just coast to graduation. Excell yourself and take this chance to sharpen your skills. Once you leave you cant come back and the life you once knew is now gone. Be ready!!

Like i mentioned earlier it is very diverse. It also offers a lot of ammenities aimed at student success. This is a school that wants you to do well and if you do not it is by choice of noone but your own.

This is a school for all different walks of life. It is very culturaly diversified and taylored to fit the academia a person from the top of their class to a person from the bottom of their class. I feel it is a great place to start college and then make the transition to a major univeristy.

Sharon

The transition to college is amazing you are living by yourself for the first time and there are so many new things happening. In college you will learn a lot about yourself who you are and who you want to be. Remember ?life?s a dance you learn as you go? and learning can be fun especially when you follow your dreams. Be warned you will mess up, but it?s not the mistakes that define you its how you deal with those mistakes. When mistakes happen grow and learn it?s a chance to show the people around you what you?re made of. You will have a lot of big decisions to make so remember to take a breath before you make any big decisions, first rule of SCUBA is always breathe sometimes a breath and an ounce of patience is all you need to gain perspective. You should know some things must be learned through experience, these aren?t the fun things to learn but they are necessary, like how to live with a roommate or what to say in a job interview. Have a great time and remember to be yourself.

Some one who wants the experience of a huge college campus.

Small class sizs allow you to talk to your teachers and get the help you need.

Joanna

If I were able to go back in time, I would likely advise myself to look more towards the future, instead of just the moment. I was not a good student, and I am paying for those mistakes now as I try to finance my education. I spent so much of my time trying to find myself , and convincing myself that I would never be able to do so if I was wasting my time on seemingly unimportant busy work in school, that I never realized that I was sabotaging my future. I always believed that on my death bed, I would never wish I had spent less time with my loved ones and doing the things I loved and more on my education, but now I realize that I could have found a healthy balance, as I am doing now. It was a difficult journey, but I truly believe that I have finally learned how to be the person I want to be, and still plan for my future.

Denise

Tallahasse Community College is like an extended family of friends, professors and administrators that keeps you coming back for more.

I attended Lincoln High School my senior year as a dual enrolled student at my local community college. I encountered many situations such as disliking professors, taking classes I didn't particularly enjoy and sacrificing my precious free time that most students don't encounter until they're enrolled in college as a freshman. I was always in a rush to complete assignments and stay one step ahead of the game in school and in life that I forgot to breathe. The only advice I would give myself is to enjoy every minute of college. There were days that felt like I would never finish my homework, times that I wanted to go out with my friends but I couldn't, and countless weeks that it felt like my world would come to an end. Now, I've almost completed my A.A. degree less than one year after my high school graduation and it seems like the time has flown right out the window. In other words, work hard, but play harder. Take time to enjoy yourself and the new journey you are embarking on. College is a once in a life time experience that cannot be replaced.

I can't finish my four-year degree there.

Savannah

TCC is best known for it's convience. The school offers a variety of classes; online, traditional, express sessions. This semester I'm attending a 7a.m. class meaning I can still get to work by 8:30. Many other schools don't offer classes before 8a.m. TCC is an easy school to access education at, the Learning Commons and Library both have long hours and plenty of staff to offer help. I think most students who attend TCC are planning on transfering to FSU after completing their AA and TCC is the perfect place to prepare for it.

There's a country song about a man writing a letter to his teenage self basically telling himself that everything works out like it does for a reason and it's all good in the end. If I could have forwarned myself one thing about college before I started it would have been to have a goal from the start. There's a lot of pressure on highschool seniors to go straight to college. I started school before I was ready and without a major in mind felt lost. I ended up deciding to skip class until I figured it out and ending up ruining my GPA because of one semester. I didn't realize that there's no do-overs in college. If I could have told myself one thing regarding college before I started I would have told myself, "Hey, save yourself the trouble and the experimenting and drifting along feeling you're having about school- you want to be an English teacher. Mission Accomplished." If I had know what my intended major was and waited to start college until I did, I would have saved myself a lot of trouble.

Honestly, the most frustrating thing about TCC has nothing whatsoever to do the learning environment and a lot to do with the design of the school itself. There is not enough parking for all the students. It's common to have to park at least one road over from the school. Then, once you finally find a parking space, the buildings are spread far apart, it's common to have a 15 minute walk between classes. Which means when enrolling classes you have to ensure you can get from one side of campus to the other in time.

Jesi

Tallahassee Community may only be a community college but it is the best doorway I found to get a better education.

The advice that I would give not only myself but every other senior who thinks they own the school now, is to take all the curriculum seriously. You may not think you will need it in the future but more then likly you will come accross it again before you get done with college. Also know how disicpline yourself. Your parents are not always going to be there to tell you to do your work, and your instructors are not going to ask for it. The last thing I would say would have to be, if you feel you have too much stress then take some of it down. College is not required but is highly recimeded.

What I brag about most about Tallahassee Community College is that no matter what your major is there is someone to help you get through the school year and answer all your questions, exspecally if you have a disablitlity.

Tallahassee Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.