Tallahassee Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Tallahassee Community College

Margaret

TCC is a school that encompasses all student types. I like the ease of being able to make a choice of attending on-campus or online courses, or both. The Instructors are very kind, caring, and understanding. The Administrative staff keeps you updated on all of your financial matters, so that you are able to attend your classes without any kind of setbacks. You are kept abreast of when it is time to register, to withdraw, and to pay for your educational learning. I am happy I chose TCC to further my education and that I could do so even while I work!

Synnovea

I actually really loved my experience. It was a nice and affordable way for me to get my AA while I worked full time for the State. I mostly did distance learning and the teachers were very helpful if I needed to meet with questions during their office hours. I did have a few day and night classes when I finished work, and I felt pretty safe walking back to my car. I loved being there and I always recommend it for people as an affordable way to get their education before transferring on to a four year university. I have also heard that TCC also has a great transfer program for those wishing to further their education at FSU or FAMU.

Sam

Tallahassee Community College (TCC) is a place where students can grow as both a person and as a student. The school offers many extra circular activities such as academic and social clubs, intramural sports. and academic communities such as the TCC Honor's Program. Every student that goes to TCC has the opportunity to find just what they are looking for in their college experience. The kind and supportive faculty make the teacher- student relationship second to none. The TCC Golden Guarantee is a huge feature to the college as well. Many students from all over the country make the choice come to TCC because of these amazing opportunities.

john

This is a great place to learn and have a career. The classes are small and the professors are always ready to help. It has a large number of learning opportunities with great medical teaching facilities, criminal justice and arts. They have 4 partner colleges on campus to advance you studies and Florida State right down the road. Cost is the best in the area nad lots of scholarship and financial aid sources. A truly great college.

Heavenlea

I haven't officially started school. I start in the Fall 2019, but I have been on a campus visit. The woman who toured my group was very educated about the campus and helped any upcoming students with questions about the campus and school as a whole. I can't wait to officially rep being an Eagle!

Karifa

Tallahassee community college is a great college for students who may not be able to afford going straight into famu or FSU. It’s cheaper and a lot of student who attend the universities have transferred from TCC. The advisors really care for there students.

kayla

I've only been at Tallahassee Community College for a semester now, but I have to say I've definitely learned a lot. The teachers genuinely want you to succeed and are available to help. I really enjoy the atmosphere that TCC provides for its students; a success driven and passionate place of learning.

Christina

Tallahassee Community College is a great place to start for those who want to transfer to a university. They give their students the full attention they need and for those seeking more help, there is always someone there for them. Teachers teach in a way that is understandable to everyone in the classroom. The campus is ver clean and they provide many services that are of help to anyone. they have a lot of clubs and organizations open to everyone, a great way to build your resume and make new interactions. This Comunity College is overall people friendly.

It is an overall good College but they could do some updating to their facilities such as the library and some of the bigger classrooms. Most of the professors are great and have normal office hours. Also, the school does offer tutoring help but should hire a few more tutors in order for one not to have to wait.

Janeesa

I think Tallahassee Community College is a decent school for students to attend. They provide students with plenty of resources so that students can be prepared for their studies. In my opinion TCC is a decent and eligible school for students to attend.

Rem

The school has a friendly and welcoming feeling, however it needs some upgrading

Shannon

I loved TCC. The professors were always helpful and always knew your name. It was clear that they really wanted students to be successful in class and in the real world too. It's not the same experience as a four-year university, but transferring with an AA is an easy process and administration will do all they can to ensure students graduate. Plus, they offer so many courses either online or outside the normal workday which really helps working students! I probably wouldn't be getting my BA if it weren't for TCC, and I know others who feel the same way.

Mackenzie

My opinion of Tallahassee Community College is that it's a great school to help people get accustomed to college life. It has a nice sized campus, the student body is very diverse, and the professors are very welcoming and do their best to help the students succeed.

Jason

Currently, I am at Tallahassee Community College. In August 2017, I will be transferring to Florida State University. My time at TCC has been great! Wonderful place to complete your core transfer classes at a fraction of the university cost. The best thing about TCC is you are not just a number. The classes are small enough that the teachers really get to know there students and have a vested interest in their success. I have loved my time at TCC and would recommend it to any potential student.

Angie

I am an older returning student and I have found that I fit in quite well at TCC even for my age:).

Kaitlyn

Tallahassee Community College is great. It's a good place to go before transferring if you want to save money and get some prerequisites or finish your A.A. TCC has great programs in almost every area that includes educational, clinical, and first hand expericance oppurtunties.

Christina

I thoroughly enjoy learning at TCC. The class sizes are small and intimate, this allows for attention and intentionality from the professors. They genuinely care about their students and try their best to help us succeed. The campus is well maintained and I feel very safe there.

Chris

T.C.C . is an excellent way to begin to prepare for a 4 year college. There aren't many distractions and the teachers work hard to prepare and educate students from all walks of life. The class sizes are small making it extremely possible to get that A.

Jeremiah

It's great! They could cut food prices @ the student union, and get a better gym, but other than that nothing can be improved. The point of this school for me was to get my AA and then transfer to Florida State University. Class sizes are small, nightlife is great and there's plenty of things to do during the day.

Jakub

Tallahassee is a great place for students that didn't get into University or lack funds for their first two years of college. Many of the professors are encouraging and keep the classrooms interested. However, the advisory committee and financial aid office are clueless and very unhelpful. The student must take it upon themselves to remember austere deadlines and put themselves in the right classes.

Dahlia

It is affordable and easy going. It does offer many opportunities, but it is hard to get help with out going in person and finding out what you need; it can be hard to get help sometimes. The staff is overall lovely. Thank the Lord for "ratemyprofessor"!

Mandalyn

I feel Tallahassee Community College is a very good overall school. It offers a wide variety of classes as well as great teachers. So far I have had awesome hands on teachers. The facility’s are always clean and great service throughout the school. I think it is an awesome school when wanting your aa or as! It gives people a great feel to college and helps to ease them into a bigger university if desired.

JOhn

It's like a private school, in terms of class size, but not content. It's like college, but comprised of high school dropouts and the dregs of society. The math department is great, but I wouldn't take Micro Economics here. A great Film Appreciation course but the Philosophy classes are a drag. Hit and miss!

Joya

Beautiful, Big, Friendly, Active. I had just moved here from Palm Beach County which is several hours away and I've never felt so comfortable being in a new environment. The School is very organized and the staff is always where they need to be. The campus is well taken care of and there is a lot of parking.

Gabrielle

Tallahassee community college is a great place to prepare you for upper level academics. The campus is a good size and the small classroom setting helps you stay focused and involved . Some of the teachers I have had are great, while others need to work on their skills. Close to clubs/bars/ and good food.

Amora

I think that TCC is a great junior college that has many resources and benefits for a college with very affordable tuition. TCC is the perfect stepping stone school for those seeking to transfer to a university. You can get your foundation education (AA Degree) for a quarter of the cost. It may not be the most lively or polished school, but it can meet many needs. There are many educational, extracurricular, and career opportunities and activities. TCC is what you make it.

Jorge

I love my college, I think is a great way to start your education. And although there could be more nearby services and student life, I feel involved in a good group of great people. All the people in here is always willing to help and to encourage you toward success.

Valerie Aileen

It is a great college. People are nice and the teachers are really helpful and they are willing to meet up with you if you don't have time to go to their office hours. Also, the learning environment is good and it is nice and quiet when you walk outside of class.

Kaylyn

Very good area and academic experience offered for many different ranges of Students. I love the many programs and majors for the students to attend. In my opinion, it is definitely one of the better and upper-class community colleges. I would recommend for anyone wanting to go to FSU or FAMU

Shelby

Overall I think Tallahassee Community College is a great college to get you prepared to transfer to a 4 year university or move onto the healthcare programs at the Ghazvini Center. I am a Nursing student and I have to say I absolutely love the Ghazvini Center! If you do not have the money for a 4 year college or are looking for a smaller school and like the health care field, this is the school for you!

MIA

My over all experience of my school isn't terrible. Sometimes I feel a little unsafe but with hard work, I hope to transfer to Florida State University next year. The classrooms are a good size and I tend to learn a lot better because I can engage with my professors. The campus is pretty but many people tend to liter which its on my nerves sometimes. To be completely honest, Im not as happy as I want to be. I really need scholarships in order to stay in college due to my families low income and it has put a lot of stress on my family and I. This money be mostly put towards my living expenses and my books.

Serena

Tallahassee Community College is a wonderful college to attend. It is within multiple off campus housing and around many food joints. The atmosphere of the college is very home like. Students there are very nice and the teachers/staff are very helpful when needed. The campus houses many events that students can attend and enjoy during their breaks. TCC is very enjoyable.

Tallahassee Community College is a great and affordable college for students who are looking for a stepping stone out of high school and before applying to a university. The staff at Tallahassee Community College want to ensure student success, so they provide us with many opportunities outside of the classroom to improve academically.

kenya

Tallahassee Community College is just that a community. The teachers really care about you and your success. They create a positive environment where the students feel they can excel beyond the two years their attending TCC. Tallahassee offers amazing academics and an active campus life. TCC is a great place to start your college career and to help build towards attending a 4-year.

Phonexiematte

Tallahassee Community College is a great community college to go to not only for those who want to pursue into transferring to a 4-year university but also for those who plan to get a degree at the college itself. TCC provides a great program to those who would like to transfer to either Florida State University or Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (TCCtoFSU and TCCtoFAMU) which prepares students by having them take classes they need based off of the academic map of their major from the specific university. The community college also provides an amazing student union in which students can go to eat, hang out with their fellow classmates, and buy any class materials they need. The student union also contains the financial aid office and even advisors that they can go to in helping them stay on their path to graduate or transfer.

Aaron

It was a good visit that I had and the people were nice and friendly which made me feel very good. I would recommend it to other who wish to come join their family just like I want to and hopefully I can and come back to partake in it as well and I will enjoy it to the fullest.

Lorraine

I love this school! I am currently Vice President of Phi Theta Kappa and enjoy the extracurricular activities and charity involvement. They have the best and most available Professors, plenty of activities and a very beautiful campus. I will miss it here when I move on to Florida State University.

David

It a good school for the most part.

Michelle

This is a great entry level school that really gets your foot in the door to either transfer into a four year college, or to get a degree in vocations. The classes are easily accessible and there are several areas to park. Majority of Professors are very professional and are there to help in class or after hours.

Jaquesha

It is a great school for someone like me, a dual enrollment student. It is also a great school for someone who is not completely ready for a 4 year college, but wants to be set up in the right position to transfer and do so. I love the small class sizes, but Rate My Professor should be your best friend at this school because some teachers are not there to help, but just to facilitate.

Qaaree

As I begin my third semester at Tallahassee Community College, my gratitude for attending this institution first increases. Prior to entering Tallahassee Community College, I was a homeschool student being only taught by my parents and older siblings and having little to no extracurricular activities to participate in; thus allowing my social skills to reach a critical low. Upon enter TCC, I truly felt like a fish out of water and although I knew what direction I wanted to go in regarding academics, socially speaking I had no idea. My social skills were so low that having small interactions with my professor made me anxious. I know, I'm surprised I've made it this far in life as well. However, as the semester went on, I began to meet so many wonderful and kind people on campus, faculty and students alike and as I progressed in my studies my self-confidence increased. As such, my social anxiety began to perish and I slowly began blossoming into the student that I envisioned myself, and I completely thank Tallahassee Community College for that. From the great learning experiences to the beautiful and quiet campus, attending Tallahassee Community College has not only been extremely fun but has and continues to help me grow and mature in the person I've always wanted to be.

Christian

Tallahassee Community College is a great and effective way to get your Associate's Degree. Some of the most helpful things about it are the numerous resources that are available to students. The professors and school continuously email and tell you about tutoring services, extra credit assignments, and when assignment due dates are approaching. One very serious drawback is the time that it takes to get through the long lines in the Student Union during the beginning of the Semester. Other than that, I give this school 3.9 out of 5 stars because it seems as if the Professors and school faculty cares about the success of the students.

Emmanuel

The Tallahassee Community College is a convenient place for those students who are in pursuit of academic endeavors. Overall, it offers an ambient of good quality which complements the entirety of the experience as a college student. In terms of satisfying a type of bridge for transferring to a university, it does effectively offer opportunities to those who wish to determine a special career for themselves. The majority of the classes seem more affordable compared to other colleges which is one of the biggest, if not main, characteristics that will stand out greatly when appealing to freshly graduated high school individuals.

I have loved my first year at TCC! I have learned a great deal. This school offers small class sizes with more affordable tuition. I am enrolled in the transfer program and plan to enroll at Florida State University for my BS in Nursing. I would highly recommend TCC!

Nadia

Their is not a lot of outreach from staff to students. Their is a disconnect from student affairs. I don’t feel Tallahassee community college does what it needs to make sure students get when they need. The campus is not geared towards helping to build students up.

Amber

Tallahassee Community College gives their students a large variety of opportunities and benefits. The class sizes are normally 50 or under, making it a lot more personal for the student. The professors are always available and more than happy to offer assistance. I feel like I earned a university education for a very affordable tuition, I am very happy with my experience at TCC.

Tieasha

It is a great campus with so many activities to do. They also have great off campus housing for students.

Jordan

I really enjoyed attending Tallahassee Community College. TCC has many opportunities to get involved in on their campus. There are always clubs to join or events to attend. Also, and probably my favorite part of TCC, was that there are many people there that went out of their way to help me achieve my goals on numerous occasions. For that, I am very grateful. Going to a school that has employees that truly care and help the students is such an amazing thing.

Laura

The professors are pretty good and are helpful. I am a new freshman and the classes have been great for a new student. There is financial help through scholarships and help out a lot! There are good sport events also. This college is mainly my first choice because of the online classes they have available.

I feel that Tallahassee Community College does a good job of being what it is there for, which is to teach students. The teachers are always helpful, the students are friendly, and this is a great way to attend college without attracting too much student debt.