Tallahassee Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Tallahassee Community College

Jordan

I really enjoyed attending Tallahassee Community College. TCC has many opportunities to get involved in on their campus. There are always clubs to join or events to attend. Also, and probably my favorite part of TCC, was that there are many people there that went out of their way to help me achieve my goals on numerous occasions. For that, I am very grateful. Going to a school that has employees that truly care and help the students is such an amazing thing.

Laura

The professors are pretty good and are helpful. I am a new freshman and the classes have been great for a new student. There is financial help through scholarships and help out a lot! There are good sport events also. This college is mainly my first choice because of the online classes they have available.

I feel that Tallahassee Community College does a good job of being what it is there for, which is to teach students. The teachers are always helpful, the students are friendly, and this is a great way to attend college without attracting too much student debt.

kathleen

I couldn't have picked a better community college to start my college experience at! And finish my AA! Even before school started, the administration was very helpful with everything I needed to know. The first day of school was a breeze, with that handy map they provide at orientation, I didn't get lost! I knew exactly where to go. Everyone on campus is so friendly, its all positive vibes. Advising is extremely helpful with my transfer to FSU, with all my credits. I am very happy to attend TCC! Go Eagles!

ShaNice

Tallahassee Community College is a great starter college. It gets you ready for university. The atmosphere and overall surrounding is serene. The people are nice and willing to help. The teachers genuinely want to see you succeed in life. All community colleges are not the same and this one really sticks out and a good way.

Raquib

I truly believe that Tallahassee Community College is the perfect way to go if you aren't into the big major university type of scene. There are opportunities within the college that are only given to the students there, for example, subject-specific study rooms, around the clock tutors, teachers that look at the person rather than another way to get a check, and an overwhelming academic atmosphere with everyone being able to succeed.

ricardo

Tallahassee community college has given me a safe environment in which its students may grow and evolve their understanding of the world around them. The faculty is always more than willing to help and more than willing to make sure they give the best possible education.

NYESHA

I think it's a excellent school, faculty and staff are very helpful. The class sizes are just right, and the teachers I have are very knowledgeable about the information provided.I love this school and I plan on completing my Associate's degree there

India

My Opinion if TCC is that in a way it's a huge high school rather than college. You see familiar faces on campus every day, and yet it's a new story. Teachers are pretty chill if you study and come to class on time. At the end of the day, TCC is just a stepping stone to something greater in your life and if you give it a chance you can meet new people and save money to transfer to a new institution.

Courtney

I came from a smaller college with not nearly as many resources and availability as this college!!! The campus is maintained with the upmost pride. This give me pride to go here just by the campus. The advisors are more than helpful and are always here which makes it easier to fix problems well before they arise.

Maybelline

Tallahassee Community College is a wonderful place. No cliche intended but they really know how to make you feel at home. The counselors and everyone around you are always so very nice and respectful. They treat you like family not just any other number.

Amber

Tallahassee Community College is exactly what you would expect for the location as far as culture and activities go - it is a college environment. You will see a diverse crowd, and sometimes, the teachers can be hit and miss. But overall it is a great school because you can do very well if you make sure you cover your bases. Facilities are open past 5pm for those of us who work 8a-5p jobs, and most teachers have office hours or are at least available digitally. Perhaps the most underrated aspect are the tutors, who are available just about anytime 8a-7p, they give very insightful perspectives. As a free service from TCC, I would recommend every student go in to meet them and introduce yourself.

Zakiyyah

Tallahassee community college has a lot of potential to grow, any college does but the reason I picked this college is the guarantee that I will be accepted into Florida state university after two years. This makes me want to strive harder to get into because of the opportunities to later attend a great school that I know later in the future will be beneficial.

Isabel

TCC helps students get there core classes out of the way so you can go straight into your major, if that is the option you choose to take, for cheap. Or if you are planning on going to TCC for 2 years, they help get students ready for the real world.

Stephen

Overall, I've had a good experience with the school. Most of the professors go out of their way to help you understand the material and work with you to make sure you are having a good experience. Though I don't part take in much campus extracurricular I hear positive things about the clubs and event held on campus. I'm happy with my choice! For a community college, it has a very big population, I think this is due to their great transfer programs for Florida State University and Florida Agriculture and Mechanical University. Both Universities are massive and great academic institutions, and for students who may have fallen short of the academic requirements needed for acceptance or maybe financially could not afford to attend the University right away like myself, the Tallahassee Community College offers a great program to receive your AA much cheaper and automatically transfer to the university seamlessly to finish out your BA and graduate school if that’s what you plan on doing. Tallahassee Community College offers great guidance counseling as well career pathfinders, scholarship seekers, and academic course route advisors work with the students individually to help them get the most out of their time at the Tallahassee Community College. Campus life is pretty active for a community college and there is a lot of opportunities to get involved in clubs and recreation sports. I always have felt welcomed to ask my professors questions and call or email them regarding course materials. Definitely would recommend TCC to anybody looking for a route in regards to starting their higher education!

I love it

taylor

so far they seem pretty good as far as community colleges go when it comes to available housing around the campus but also near shops and restaurants where we still have fun and work at the same time with the easy accessibility available to us. I'm happy to call this place my home for the next 4 years of college.

Shaniya

Tallahassee Community College is the best community college in Florida in my opinion and the housing is great! Me and my roomate had not issue in finding the perfect fit for us because the had everything we wanted and then some! I would recommend TCC to anyone who is looking to get a good start in their college lives.

Ronnie

My over opinion on Tallahassee Community College is that they try there best to give you quick and accurate service and they are very helpful with the new students. In my opinion Tallahassee Community College really put in the effort to helping There students and it don’t get any better then that.

Cameron

Its an okay school. The extra curriculars arent all that current or great. But the class sizes are great and the professors are good and they seem to car for the students. They need to make more inclusive clubs and make campus life more exciting. They need more active things to help the students out.