Tarleton State University Top Questions

Tiffany

I wish I would have known how important it is to get involved in student activities and be a well rounded student both for the college experience and for future careers.

Amberly

I wish I knew how important the traditons were like attending Duck Camp because I feel like I missed out. The tradtions are such a major part of the schools history its best to participate in them all.

Lisa

That it would be so expensive! And hard to find a good job...but I guess all "college towns" are difficult to find good jobs in.

Alexandra

How difficult the money portion would be to gain.

Shawnte

How small it is and how boring it can get at times!

Hunter

I wish I would have known more about the campus layout before I came to this school. It was kind of confusing when I got here to begin my first semester.

Lori

I wish I had known that the parking was not adequate for the number of students on campsu.

Leticia

I wish I had known how limited their selection of classes were. Since I attend the Tarleton University branch in Killeen, Texas our school facilities are smaller than our mother school in Stephenville so not all the degrees are offered at this branch AND scheduling your classes can be a little difficult due to the smaller amount of classrooms and teachers as compared to that on main campus.

Brett

I whish i would have known more about time management, and being prepared for freedom of choice. Tarleton has a wide diversity of students and just the same as any other university one may be exposed to many different views of others. These other views may influence you in many ways but i believe if some teens relied on themselves more before college in making decisions and resposibility it would make a tremendous difference in first year experiences at college.

I wish I had given more thought in regards to what carreer I wanted to prepare for. I first thought that I wanted to obtain a degree in Social Work and took a few classes however I changed my mind. I eventually decided upon a BS in Psychology. I completed all my core courses however because I was not sure in the beginning what my field of study would be, I ended up with extra hours that did not count towards anything. Although I gained some extra knowledge, I feel like I wasted some valuable time not to mention money.

Judy

I came to this school from across the country. I did not know what to expect when I got here other than what I read in the literature. I wish I had known how friendly the students and the faculty were before I came here. I never would have spent so much time looking at other schools.

Christi

I wish I would have known more about the transfer of credit hours. I had quite a few transfer hours, but I think I might have been able to take more classes that transferred if I'd known more about the university policies.

Kari-Anne

That once you sign up for housing you can not get out of the contract. That shopping was an hour to the nearest mall. How small the town really was.

The different organizations that were there, so that I could have been more involved in the beginning.

Courtny

Nothing. There isn't anything I have done, or anybody I have met that I regret. I love Tarleton State Univeristy and I'm learning SO MUCH! Isn't that what college is about? I've learned so much about the world and myself, thanks to the people I've met and wonderful professors that have helped me along the way.

Jackie

I wish I would have known better study methods. High school tests are much different than college tests. The questions are more about why something happens rather than when and who did it. It takes a deeper thought process. It has taken me a while to figure out how I study best.

Jeri

Well this school has given me an amazing learning experiance, but the only thing that I wish I could have been made aware of is: the cost of school itself and the cost of living on and around campus. It is hard to estimate how much living really is. I recieved scholarships from my high school but they only helped the first year of school. I wish that the school could have given me kind of a heads up on how much it was really going to be.

Matthew

I wish I had researched more into the opportunities available as far as facilities, courses offered, and specifics about the school. I am embarassed to admit that I had not discovered the wonderful resources available in the library until the beginning of this semester (my fourth year)! There are many courses availble that can be used for upper level elective hours that may not be a requisite for any particular major. Had I known what resources were available, I might have had an ever better experience.

I wish I had known that school would be so costly and that everything would keep going up more and more.