Tarleton State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Tarleton State University

Dominique

I love the school and the people I am surrounded by, the majority of the students and faculty are really nice and caring. The environment is great! The school food isn't always the best, but it's a small price to pay for such a great place to be. The school is a great size, it isn't too big or too small.

Jose

Tarleton State University is a great university. Lots of different programs to choose from and small class sizes. The professors are very approachable and knowledgeable. The campus is a beautiful place to visit and enjoy. The students are very friendly and easy to work with. The library is a wonderful place to study for your next class or just to grab a good book and relax. They have a fantastic gymnasium where you can work out between classes or just to blow off some steam. They have several types of classes that you can join in on in the gymnasium for free.

Destiny

Tarleton State is very centered around school traditions and core values, which I love and appreciate. Our core values (integrity, leadership, tradition, civility, excellence, and service) are instilled in us as freshmen and I honor and showcase them in my academic and daily life. However as a black student I sometimes feel as though hostile tones are set on campus, especially after this years election, but there are faculty and resources available that make me feel more comfortable. The small and inclusive classes make for a helpful learning environment. Also Tarleton has multiple service at our disposal. To name a few we have a food pantry, free tutoring sessions, writing centers, and internships. All in all I love my university and will always bleed purple!

Kasandra

It's a friendly environment that makes you feel comfortable. Everyone is so nice, from cleaning staff to professors. No one is looked at as less. We are all equal and there are so many clubs, groups, communities to be a part of. It's a great place to grow.

Carisa

I believe that Tarleton is a safe, loving environment that welcomes everyone. Never once do you feel as if you're an outsider, and if you ever need help there is always a variety of resources that can be used to help. From the first time I visited the college I knew that it was the school I wanted to call home, and when I went and registered my classes I knew that this was going to be the school that helped me become the most successful person I can be. I really am appreciative to accepted, and apart of the Tarleton family. It is a place I will always cherish, and make life long friends at. Tarleton will always have a special place in my heart.

Katelynn

I think it is a great school. The class size and professors are amazing, and the students are very welcoming. Although their financial aid department is not that great. I come from middle-class family, and they can't offer much from that. Other than that, they are a lovely school!

Karime

The school is big enough to not feel lonely, but small enough to have individual classes. Overall, its great and you get best of both worlds.

Justcie

Overall, I love the experience I had while visiting the college. They had many qualities that I was looking for in a college. Also, many opportunities to do things on- and off-campus. I would love to go to and learn about the college on the basis of my major, which is nursing.

Harley

Tarleton is a pretty large university in the middle of a town called Stephenville, Tx. There is not much room for the university to grow and parking is far away from most buildings. Definitely bring your walking shoes. Campus is nice and everyone is friendly. I transferred here this year from a very small college so this is definitely a different atmosphere, but it has been okay so far!

Melina

Tarleton is a great public school in a rural area, because of this you get a small college experience at an affordable price.

Morgan

Tarleton has been a great learning a growing experience for me. From my freshman year, I have seen the campus and people who go here progress tremendously. the campus has become more politically correct in a positive way. Tarleton is a good choice if you're a person who values tradition and high spirit. The food choices on campus and in the town suck but they're trying. Overall it's an affordable loving place to be.

Sabrina

I feel like Tarleton does a good job of trying to find something for everyone. Somewhere that you can fit in. They have many opportunities for chances to broaden your views and you what you participate in. I feel like Tarletons Professors really care about of you’re learning and doing good just overall. Tarleton in my opinion just feels lilt home, which is why I chose to go there

marie

It is a school that I am proud to say I attend. I would encourage other s to check this school out for themselves or for their children. This school does not only cater to your average students (young), but to the unconventional students also (older).

Madison

I can't see myself anywhere else besides here. I made the best choice. The teachers always want the best for you and will try to help you when you ask for it. Momma T is the best thing at Tarleton and it will always make your day better when you see her. Dr. D is always out and about and interacting with the students too.

Tarleton is an amazing campus for students looking for a four year university but do not want to feel overwhelmed. The campus size is absolutely perfect and everything is within walking distance (10 minutes or less). This being said, the campus is also not overly small and there are tons of amazing opportunities for extracurricular activities and organizations.

Hailey

Tarleton State University is a small state school with the education benefits of a small liberal arts college. It is a well-rounded academically and has many extracurricular opportunities for everyone. It is mostly known for its college of agriculture; however, it offers exceptional degree plans in everything from mathematics to theater.

Keely

My overall opinion of Tarleton State University is that it is the "best kept secret" in Texas. Located in the heart of the "Cowboy Capital of the World," Tarleton's campus has plenty of events for the students throughout the year. My favorite part of the year at Tarleton is the week of Homecoming, when there is something exciting going on every night for the students and staff to enjoy. When I first visited Tarleton and the small town of Stephenville, I instantly felt at home. This home-like feel helped me when I moved away from my family, into on-campus dorms where I found friends who quickly turned into family within the first week! Everyone, especially the staff, were extremely welcoming and have always proven to be eager to help. Overall, Tarleton State University has given me tremendous opportunities in my chosen career path as well as lifelong friends. I would definitely recommend this amazing school to anyone.

Lindsey

Tarleton State University is great place to attend and learn with several opportunities. Also, it is one of the good and safe place to live. All of the shopping and grocery stores are close distance to the campus. Campus have several activities on daily basis that anyone can easily participate in!

Tennessee

I love the campus, and my professors. The school is awesome, but there is room for improvement. I love the "family" atmosphere, but I want that feeling to transfer into activities and groups outside of the campus. I see signs, but I never feel truly welcomed into those groups. Sort of like an "ISO Roommate" flyer... It could be a good deal, but it could also be sketchy. How do I know it is worth the risk?

Catherine

Tarleton is great if you want a small and quaint college experience without missing out on anything. Parking is terrible and the parking police will ticket you for anything. Literally do not park incorrectly or you will get a ticket. Don't go home on the weekends unless you are willing to lose your parking spot.

Danikka

My overall opinion of Tarleton is that it is what you pay for. It is one of the least expensive colleges in Texas. Although the food, housing and activities are not great. The price is what makes most people attend this college. The agriculture program and nursing program are also well known.

Jade

Tarleton State University helped me determine which career path I wanted to pursue and every staff member that I have encountered has been extremely supportive of that path. The professors are very kind and helpful, and the student community is very positive.

savine

Coming from an open and diverse city like Houston, Texas arriving to Tarleton was a huge culture shock. Stephenville, Texas is a small town with limit sources and its lack of diversity is still something I'm not used to. Overall my experience here has been adequate I have no complains about the teachers, they always seem accessible if you ever need them. The dorm halls are nice and have hotel vibe to them as they provide you with your own microwave and fridge. If you can over the fact that its in the middle of a small country town then you will have no problem adjusting to this school.

Austin

It's a great school with many opportunities for personal growth on campus in areas of service, academia and community involvement. While the local area is rather dry of activity student life and it's relation to our education is more than enough to allow students to feel engaged and interested.

Haley

Tarleton is a very welcoming college straight from the start. You couldn’t ask for better people, from the students to the professors. Very rarely will you run into someone that is impolite. The campus is very nice. There are some rough professors that don’t teach very well but they are outnumbered by ones that you will have an easier time learning from. The campus has many organizations you can join, you will not get bored here. Also, the president and his wife are very involved in student life and never hesitates to carry a conversation! Highly recommend this school. Freshman1 month agoOverall Experience Report Start Your Review of Tarleton State University Tarleton State University is an excellent place to get your degree. Faculty members are very supportive of their students. Student Life listens to the concerns of students - it's because of student intervention that we still have Duck Camp! If you don't know, Duck Camp is where freshmen and transfer students go in the summer before school starts to learn more about the university and participate in leadership and team building activities. Tarleton has many programs for students to ensure academic success, such as MENtal Freedom and Bold, which are mentoring programs for young men and women, respectively.

Hallie

It is the best. Tarleton is a very welcoming college straight from the start. You couldn’t ask for better people, from the students to the professors. Very rarely will you run into someone that is impolite. The campus is very nice. There are some rough professors that don’t teach very well but they are outnumbered by ones that you will have an easier time learning from. The campus has many organizations you can join, you will not get bored here. Also, the president and his wife are very involved in student life and never hesitates to carry a conversation! Highly recommend this school.

I was extremely involved at Tarleton State University and loved every minute of my attendance there. While every school has it's qualms, TSU had a family vibe and I always felt comfortable there and that I belonged on campus. I think Tarleton is the best kept secret in Texas, and I hope to work there after I obtain my masters degree.

Summer

I came to Tarleton thinking that it was going to be just like every other university. That however is not the case. This school is amazing. It changes the way students look at their academics. It has changed the way I came into this university. I thought that Tarleton was going to be easy academically and that I was going to be able to pass the classes easily; just like high school. The professors here are amazing and would do almost anything to help struggling students succeed in their class. As long as the student shows up for class, puts forth the effort, and communicates well with the professors they will do as much as they can to help their students. The campus is beautiful and very well maintained. Tarleton has high standards for its faculty and staff, students, and campus. With my first semester under my belt and about to start my second, I can see how much Tarleton has improved not only me but my grades, leadership skills, communication skills, study habits, and my friends. This university has changed me for the better and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for me here. I will forever cherish my decision to go here. The campus, staff, education, and people have made the beginning of my college experience here amazing, and I am so happy that I have been given the opportunity to be apart of the Texan family! To anyone reading this review: Tarleton loves every one of their students. We are not just a number in the thousands of students who go here. To them we are individuals and this university will do everything they can to help their students succeed. Good luck, and GO TEXANS!

Briana

I visited the school on their Texan Tour Day back in October and I fell in love with the school. Even though it is a four drive from San Antonio , I would not mind the drive. I got to look at their classrooms and various buildings on campus. I was able to eat lunch at the dinning hall. After the everything was done at the school, I was able to visit the school farm and Southwest Regional Dairy Center. After taking a tour of both the farm and the dairy center I fell more in school with the campus. Overall after my visit it looks like a nice university and hopefully I will be able to got there.

Eric

I absolutely love it! I transferred there from Weatherford College, and I still get that smaller class size feel where everyone can get to know each other, and the opportunity is there to learn and interact with the instructors and fellow classmates. Everyone there has always been helpful and courteous.

Brylee

I am gonna attend TSU in the fall of 2020 , however every time i visit it is a great experience. The activities provided for students is immaculate, because they have everything from rec teams to club teams to whatever you desire. I personally love the campus, it's a great school with so many pro's about it.

Cecilia

It has a good amount of student size so small classes are good. Everyone was nice and helpful when doing the college tour. And a small town so easy to know everyone. They have a lot to offer for a lot of kids and it’s cool that the president lives on campus and their traditions look fun.

Matthew

I love the university. I transferred there as an undergrad in 2008, and finished my first degree in 2011. I'm now completing my first year or grad school. The opportunities afforded to undergraduate students are excellent. The academics and professor availability for grad students goes above and beyond.

Madison

Getting on campus housing is a nightmare good luck getting answers from the office, not much to do off campus unless you like cowboy bars. I'm here for an education so going out and drinking a ton every weekend isn't my thing. Most teachers are great.

Brooke

This school has tremendously grown me as a person, both academically, emotionally, and socially. Education is the number 1 priority here, and we value integrity, service, leadership, excellence, tradition, and civility. Every professor I have had or have met has really encouraged these core values and has done an outstanding job exemplifying them, but none of this would have been possible without the excellent leadership of our president, Dr. Dominic Dottavio. Dr. D, as most people call him, has been so involved with student life on campus and in class, and he has truly prioritized the success of both the students and professors, which is why there has been an abundance of success throughout the years here at Tarleton. He has taught me through his actions to always try my best, and if I fall to get right back up and try again, as well as to face every day as a great one and a blessing to be here, and that positive attitude has had a direct effect on my academic work, as I earned a 4.0 in my very first semester as a college freshman. I plan to finish my 4 years here and encourage new groups of incoming students to live by these values that Dr. D has engrained in this beautiful campus.

I think Tarleton State University is a beautiful campus and is home to an amazing group of students, staff, and the surrounding community is also encouraging. Everyone at Tarleton had a smile on their face when I came to visit and they ever encounter I witnessed was one with respect.

Lucille

I love the campus, it is beautiful and very safe. The culture is a positive one and professors are there to help when needed. Also, the on-campus housing is located closely to most academic buildings, making getting to and from classes, dorms, and dinning halls easy and accessible.

Mattie

Tarleton State University is the best school for me and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be apart of the Texan family! The amount of traditions and student involvement is unsurpassed and allows the students ans alumni to bond over the same experiences.

Ayanna

Tarleon is a very

Virginia

A smaller school but what it lacks in size it makes up for in every other way. The football games are a Saturday tradition, most of the class sizes are small, and the staff is so nice. The only large classes are the main four need by every degree and even than the teachers are amazing. I would definably recommend this college to anyone that wants a good college education but wants to meet people as well. There is a tradition that freshmen go through during their first week here that really gets you used to the campus and excited about the classes.

Kristen

Everyone can be involved in something at the campus, whether you are visiting or attend college there. You never have to worry about being left out of something because you are constantly on the go with new activities. Sports are a big deal here, so defiantly go and enjoy the time you have while on campus.

Westly

mallory

I love Tarleton. I was at Cisco college last year and they do not even compare. Tarleton is so welcoming and inviting the campus is so pretty and makes it feel good. I walk alone on campus quite a bit and I am usually not worried, it feels so safe. One of my favorite things about Tarleton is all the traditions, there are so many and it just makes the campus feel so special.

Karla

Tarleton State University is a great four-year public school, everyone here is so friendly. The staff here is amazing. The in-state tuition is affordable, and there is a lot of opportunities for jobs and scholarships. I honestly love this school, it has a lot of organizations and clubs to be part of.