Taylor University Top Questions

Taylor is located basically in the middle of nowhere - not within easy driving distance to any major city. But, as I stated above, they provide a plethora of activities and events on campus to provide students with a large variety of options to stay connected with other students, as well as with the small local community.

Lexie

There is nothing really wrong with my school. I enjoy pretty much everything. My only complaints would be about the borderline outrageous pricetag and the rule about not dancing while enrolled.

Valerie

My school is located in an extremely small town, and so it is very hard to get anywhere if you do not own a car - which I do not. There are no taxis, no public transportation, and no buses. You simply have to rely on a friend who has a car to get you where you need to go, which in most cases is at least twenty minutes away. Although I love my university, I would love it even more if it was closer to a larger town with access to public transportation.

Clinton

The worst thing about this school is that the school gives off the impression that our school is perfect. And where there are many areas our school is better than others, it is by no means perfect.

Meg

The cost and conservatism. The cost, because I'm now in an overwhelming amount of debt. The conservatism because I yearn for more heated conversations - they don't allow for much conflict and do not welcome speakers who have opposing viewpoints from a conservative Christian perspective. I wish they would be more sensitive to and allow for more conversations in order to prepare students for the outside world.

it's easy to get stuck in a group and not branch out and meet other people.

Heidi

The worst thing about Taylor University is probably the lack of stores and restraunts close by. The nearest Walmart is half an hour away and you have to have a car to get there.

The worst thing is probably the limited amount of time girls and guys can spend in eachother's rooms, even though I do at times appreciate the privacy.

Heidi

The worst thing about my school is probably the location. Upland, IN is pretty much the middle of no where. There aren't any real traffic lights, no grocery stores, and not much out of school activity in walking distance.

The worst part about this school is it's lack of diversity. Because it is a private, Christian school it only attracts certain types of people. However, the reason for it's lack of diversity is also it's best characteristic. I find that education, reinforced by faith is the BEST part of Taylor.

Dan

The worst thing about Taylor University is the lack of a large college town. While civilization is only about 30 minutes to an hour away, not having a city within busride or walking distance can be rather upsetting.

I think that the worst thing at my school is the open house hours. Boys are not allowed into the girl dorms unless it is the weekend and the same for girls. The only exception is if a floor or dorm has a special open house and then all genders can go to that dorm until 11 p.m.

Sometimes I hate the racial diversity issues and the ignorance at this college. Try to look past it ad get involved in educating them about their ignorances

I think the worst thing about Taylor is the cost of tuition. I love it here but it's SO expensive and I frankly don't see where the money goes- it's not into our facilities or tuition, that's for sure.

too many rules that dont fit well with the school.

amanda

The worst thing about Taylor is the fact that some students are fake and afraid to be who they really are because of what the community will think. However, I do think that staff and faculty have had a strong influence on this issue.

The worst thing about Taylor is that they give more financial aid to the athletes than they do those with strong academics. I am receiving no financial aid to go there and it is a pretty expensive school. I cannot affor to go there for all 4 years unless a miracle happens.

Jamison

I think people tend to emphasize getting a degree to become marketable. I strongly believe a student should do what he or she loves.