Technical College of the Lowcountry Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Technical College of the Lowcountry

MacKenzie

I attend the Technical College of the Lowcountry, so there are no sports, on campus sorority/fraternal houses, campus housing, or campus food, however, there is a food truck that is parked on campus that has very satisfying food options along with the normal vending machine options in the student center. I love my instructors and know that I can email, call, or visit them in their office if I have any questions or problems. The student body as a whole is friendly, respectable, and diverse; I have had no problems with anyone on campus. Parking can be tough at times during certain parts of the day, because space can be limited, but over all no other problems. I feel secure on campus and have no problem walking to my car by myself, and as a female, I know this sometimes can be an issue. Over all, I enjoy the college I attend and the classes I have taken. If you want a two year degree or want to stay local for your first two years and you live near Beaufort, Bluffton, or Hampton, South Carolina, I would recommend you to schedule a visit.

janetta

I really love the school a lot and I cant wait to actually be in class.

Joy

Overall, the Technical College of the Lowcountry is a good school. The classrooms are small enough to let the professors get to know their students, which is my favorite thing. TCL is a small community school, so there is no on/off campus housing for students. They also do not have sports or many clubs to get involved in.

Christina

As a current student at Technical College of the Lowcountry, I would say this school is average. There are fantastic teachers in this school, however, they are diamonds in the rough. I was fortunate enough to have every single teacher of mine inspire me. Even though most of the headaches came from the administrative departments, this school has been good to me (as a person because I made many friends from janitorial to the bookstore to student services--all because I decided to get out there!) and my education. Upon graduation, I know I will miss Technical College of the Lowcountry overall.

While attending The Technical College of the Lowcountry I have enjoyed the short time. This community college is located in the heart of downtown Beaufort, SC and has a very small campus. The town is a very quiet small town with a more older scene. This is not a youth-friendly town, there are very little extracurricular activities and not many on-campus activities. All in all, I would recommend The Technical College of the Lowcountry to someone who enjoys the quiet part of life or someone who wants to touch up on a few courses.

Rebecca

I am currently enrolled in the dual enrollment program at the Technical College of the Lowcountry. I really enjoy the atmosphere of the campus and I feel like it has prepared me to transfer to a four-year college. The professors are always available to me and they make it very easy if I have a question for them. I have really enjoyed my time at TCL.

LaChandra

I'm really happy to be back in school. So far the school s a really good school to go to. There is a lot of room for new student to grow and learn at a 2 year college. Great starter college for out of high students. So far so good. I'm proud of myself for going back to college to presue my degree

Dallin

TCL is an exciting place to attend here in the Lowcountry. TCL Trio programs allows students in grades 6th -12 to explore secondary education options through college and career exploration. Working with a community college will allow you to give back to the community in which we live investing in our community through the community college. TCL encourages students to get involved in community service which will help them obtain scholarship for college.

Racquel

I love the school everyone from the students to the staff is very helpful. Especially the student advisors and Professors. They are very understanding and take time to teach you. Never feel like a rush. Also have tutoring available with convenient hours and scheduling.

Matthew

Technical College of the Lowcountry is a good school overall. The teachers and staff are always friendly. However, there doesn’t seem to be a big connection between students since it is a small community college. It is very convenient and nice to have a community college in my town to provide me with more opportunities.