Temple University Top Questions

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Briannon

The food and dining options at Temple are plenty. As a freshman, the best option is to get a meal plan, which can be used at our Student Activity Center or our dining hall. The Student Activity Center offers food court-like dining, with everything from a Chinese store to a Boston Market-esque area. The dining hall is more traditional, offering a buffet theme. Additionally, there are numerous food trucks and restaurants around campus, offering everything from vegetarian menus to crepes.

As a freshman having a meal plan is a necessity! Most dorms don't have a kitchen so you really do rely on eating off of a meal plan. There are two main dining halls J&H and the SAC. J&H is buffet style and the SAC is more like a food court. There are also small places in different class buildings where students can use their meal plans. Also for when students get off of their meal plans there is a grocery store on campus and tons of food trucks that make great food.

Savannah

There are two main places to eat on campus, the Dining Hall at J&H and the SAC, which is the Student Activities Center. They are okay for a while, but you will get sick of eating at the same places once you've been here a while. But there are plenty of food trucks and other restaurants on or close to campus. There is a row of eateries in between the Tech Center and Anderson Hall and then there is a row of restaurants on Broad and Cecil. My favorites are Wing Stop and Temple Garden.

There are two main dining halls. One is J&H which is american buffet style and the other is the student center, referred to as the SAC. There they have wings, sub, wrap, bagel stations, a Boston Market type place, sushi, Mexican, and more.