Temple University Top Questions

What are your classes like?

Briannon

My classes are often small, usually 25-40 students max. The professors are typically very engaging and congenial, always willing to give students a little extra help. Classwork is usually challenging but not impossible, and my professors often strive to make connections between the material and current events.

Savannah

My classes vary. Last year I had some large lecture classes with up to 600 other people, and then I had some classes with only about 15 other students. This semester I have roughly 20-40 people in most of my classes. Some of the intro classes are always going to have hundreds of people in them, but once you get into core classes for your major the class sizes will drop significantly. You can see how big your class size will be when you register for you class though. All of the professors have office hours too and they're usually pretty flexible.

Classes vary. My Education classes are time consuming because they do require a lot of field work. Going to classrooms and working with students can really take a lot of time out of the day. My History courses are a different type of time consuming. They require me to do a lot of reading and writing on different subjects. The easiest classes that I have are my general education classes. They are designed to give students an overall understanding of the world and knowledge and these do not require too much time since a lot of the courses are like ones taken in high school.

Depends on what year you are. My freshman year I had one lecture of 500. Other than that one lecture I never had more than a class of 50. Teachers are willing to put in effort to help you, if you go to see them and show you are making an effort. I enjoy my classes for the most part. Gen Eds can be a drag sometimes though, but are a requirement.