Temple University Top Questions

What do students complain about most?

Briannon

Temple students probably complain about the recent budget cuts the most. Higher education funding has been cut again and again while we have been at Temple and students are getting annoyed.

Mary

First, a disclaimer. Both of these are soley based on word of mouth and I can't personally validate either of them. No question, most popular complaint financial aid. Dealing with that office is a nightmare. It's pretty clear from the horror stories I've heard that neither party in a given transaction knows what they're doing and the results can be devastating. I know kids who have purportedly lost thousands of dollars of aid when their packages are 'reevaluated' after school starts (read: it's too late to go anywhere else). Even if their packages aren't altered, lots of people don't realize that tuition rises every year and their aid does not. Also, do yourself a favor and study engineering somewhere else if you're planning on getting a job.

Savannah

We probably complain about construction the most, especially if most of you classes are in Pearson Hall or McGonigle Hall. Hopefully that construction will be finished within the next decade. We also complain about the food the most. You will eventually get tired of the food at the caf or the SAC. There's plenty of other good places to eat around campus, but college kids don't like to spend their money!

Brooke

That Temple never closes. We are always open, even with a foot of snow on the ground. The joke among Temple Students is, "When the world ends in 2012, Temple will still be open the next day."

Brooke

Students are always complaining about advising. Advising never seems to know what they are doing. My suggestion is to make multiple appointments with different advisors. Also ask around, talk to upperclassmen about which advisors are good and which ones really don't know what they are doing.