Temple University

« See more reviews of Temple University

Temple University has a culturally and ethnically diverse staff and student body, teaching students to be socially accepting of people of every race, gender, and religion. The surrounding area of Philadelphia is also extremely diverse and allows students to experience city life first-hand. I believe that living in a large city such as this gives students exceptional opportunities during and after college in their careers, while allowing them to enjoy various activities throughout their collegiate experience: shopping, fine dining, concerts, museums, historical landmarks, and night life.

Almost two years at Temple University in Philadelphia, the best opportunity that Temple provided to students including myself was a connection with faculties who helped students. Faculties are willing to stay after the office hours and class times if a student does not understand the course material fully. I personally struggled with a Financial class and I scheduled a several appointments with a professor to fulfill my knowledge of course materials. For the result, I passed the course with B which I thought I could not receive without any help from the professor.

One of Temple Universitie's strongest asset is it's huge number of available programs. I waffled throughout my first year of school, as I know many do, on exactly which major to pursue. Because of Temple's incredibly flexible Liberal Arts program and its inclusion of a business school, film school, etc. I was able to make an informed decision knowing that I had done due diligence in investigating other opportunities. Being able to interact with peers, professors and take classes in other fields of study allowed me to more intelligently make my decision.

Temple University is an extremely diverse school ethnically and socially. You will meet people from all walks of life. I find this to be one of Temple's best qualities for a number of reasons. For one, I never got to really experience this from my hometown in Oregon. Moreover, Temple is not segregated, which was a problem at my high school, a place where there was a little diversity but no integration. It was a very factioned school, a quality that I found extremely unpleasant and uncomfortable. Temple is large and easy to make lots of different friends.

The best thing about Temple is its diversity of the student population. There are people who come from right there in Philadelphia, other big cities, all over Pennsylvania and other parts of the world. It gives students the opportunity to meet different people and learn about other cultures. The variety of the student body is shown even within my group of friends. One of my best friends is Muslim and Palestinian, and another one is Jewish from Pittsburgh and I'm from New York. I've met so many great people with different backgrounds; it?s so cool!

Apart from academics and extracurricular activites I believe the most attractive aspect of Temple is the diverse city life that comes with the school. Being at Temple you are in the heart of North Philadelphia which is an extremely diverse area. With all the diversity you are able to learn life lessons that can not be taught in classrooms. Furthermore the location of Temple is very ideal because the unlimited access to the rest of the city. Temple allows its students to enteract with the city around it and opens its campus to the surrounding community.

"There are students from just about any place or any background you can think of. They’re all different with one thing in common: the desire to be their best and make things happen." That is what I read on the website when I applied for Temple and I thought it would be perfect for me! I wanted a place where unique individuals would gather to achieve a better life and an education. As if Temple weren't already a great place to be, Philadelphia has a lot to offer as well, including great shopping and a lot of culture.

I consider the best thing about my school to be the accessbility of guidance in terms of personal life as well as career-related experience and opportunities. I feel as thought Temple University places a strong commitment to enriching their students and preparing them as fully and thoroughly as possible for the "real world." I will be entering my final semester of college within a few weeks and feel as though my preparedness for the world, and job market, is comparable, and even surpasses, students at other schools.

Honestly, the atmosphere. I love being on campus. It gets a bit crowded between classes when people are hustling and shuffling to make it to class, but besides that it really is a great campus. It is very close to Center City, but the campus feels safe. Eventhough I only commute 45 mins from home everyday I feel like I'm in a different world when I'm on my campus. The food is really pretty good, and everybody is pretty nice. I've nevr had a problem with anyone . I think a new student would really like it here.

The best thing about my school is how diverse the student body is and our cultural variance. It is the best thing about my school because I can interact and connect with people from many walks of life and see how although we come from different cultuaral backgrounds and have different socio economic status we experience many of the same things and have a lot in common that is not seen by the common eye. My experience at college at Temple is more enriching and meaningful because of the campuses diversity.