Nashville, TN
Tennessee State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tennessee State University

Yovela

The Fraternity parties (AlphaWeek is the most anticipated event each year)!!!

The Fraternity parties (AlphaWeek is the most anticipated event each year)!!!

Instead of going to the military from highschool, I would have went straight to college instead and enjoyed the college experience and waited to have a baby. Applying for college early and going on college tours might have made me change my decision about going to the military first. Being a "non-traditional" student made me feel kind of akward and so much older than the traditional college students. I had to work full-time so I missed out on alot of events. My overall advice to myself would be to attend college and graduate then go to themilitary ,wait on having any children and enjoy life while you're young. Find others who have similar interets and surround yourself around positive people. Makesure to handle your paperwork in a timely manner and look for scholarships and work study programs to assist you financially. Pack lots of snacks and food and remember to bring shower shoes!

The financial aid office never answers the phone and there is ALWAYS a line at the begining of each semester. They also tend to lose paperwork so it is best to keep your original copies of everything you turn in at this University and never handle anything at the last minute!

brittany

I would tell myself to stay focused on my main goal which is to graduate so that I can begin my career. I would also remind myself not to let any school functions or people distract me from achieving my goal.

we are like one big family. whenever we have a school activity we all come together as one.

anyone. the school has diversity.

halimo

i really dont know but i think its diversity

i really dont know but i think its diversity

dont have kids without a parent to help you. get a job. get a car. raise your GPA. do alot of community service. dont get married.

Remondo

The advice I would give to myself is that I need to apply for a lot of scholarships because out-of-state tuition is very expensive and so that I do not have to take out a lot of loans. I would tell myself to save up enough money as I can for emergency reason such as for food, books, to come back home if needed. I would also tell myself to use my money wisely instead of spending it because I got it. I would tell myself that I need to have an open heart and open mind when people come to talk to me instead of just being quiet all the time. I would tell myself that do not procrastinate on any assignments. Once I get the assignment I must do it in a timely fashion instead of pushing it to the side. This is waht i would tell myself.

everything I needed to know I found out on my visit to the school.

A person with ambition and is willing to learn.

Abbas

I went to Tennessee State University because It is a good school many of my friends who is older then me who went there they said that it is a good school.

That i work hard and keep up the hard work until I am out of school. Never let people tell me about what they think I sure do because I know what is the best for me. I will make all my dreams come true in no time.

People who want to play game they do not care about there going to school. Some students want to kill time that is why they go to school.

Jamil

Professors are willing to help you do anything they can to help you succeed. If you do not want to be in school or go to class then you probably should not be in school yet. Considering this the best thing we are a Historically Black College and University (HBCU) and the school is looking to produce successful and future leaders of the world.

I wish I would have known how easy it was to navigate around campus, before coming to Tennessee State University I thought it was going to be difficult to navigate to classes and I thought it was a big campus.

I would tell myself that college isn't a walk in the park. It's not going to be easy, in fact, it's going to take a lot of time and commitment. At times you're going to have to force yourself to study and be diligent even when you don't want to. You will push yourself beyond your comfort zone at times and it will make you feel uncomfortable. College is either something you want or don't want; there's no inbetween. In the end, it's all worth it. The feeling you will recieve from accomplishing your persued career is overwhelming and great. Once you start, don't stop. Keep your head and mind forward and you will accomplish great things.

Abigail

Looking back from where I currently stand today in college, I would go back to my senior and tell myself to study harder, take everything that I learned and equip myself with what the teachers gave me for my future courses. Furthermore, I would tell myself to study harder and not to slack off because what I do during my senior year will carry on to college and will either help me or do nothing for me. I would tell myself to keep my head in the books and use what the teachers gave me for my near future. I would also tell myself to take everything I do in school seriously because everything the teachers gave me represents real life and responcible things that I need that will help me with my future. The teachers cared about my future and don't want to see me ruin it, so my advice to myself as a senior would be to be comitted, study harder, and take it all seriously.

Alexis

The profound people who attented this school, the programs, Forensics team, everything. :)

To make sure I focus, so that my GPA would be higher than what is was. Engage in better study habbits and better communication. I don't like speaking in front of people, and in high school even though I knew everybody I still couldn't talk in front of people, I would have tried to work on that more. My teachers knew me pretty well so I like the relationship I had with them, to continue it over into my university life. Other than that besides financial things, i think I transitioned well, I wouldn't change much, because I learned from everything I have been through.

Kierra

Tennessee State University is a wonder, exciting, life-teaching school to go to.

I would have told myself to finish my senior year off very strong and with the best grades that I could achieve. It would have been very important to work a lot more over the summer, inorder to have more money for when I got to school. Once moving to college, It would have been best to network a lot sooner then I did. Its important to stay on top of all of the work and work extra hard to mantain a great gpa. I would let myself know to make sure to choose a major that I knew that I was going to stick to and get a degree in. I would've encourge myself to get invould way more on campus.

Tennessee State University's staff and students both welcome anyone who has the heart to go there.

Tennessee State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.