Nashville, TN
Tennessee State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tennessee State University

Amyn

Learn to study. Even though you do not find yourself needing to study now, you will need the skills once you begin college. Sometimes life throws you curveballs, don't sweat it. You will make the right decisions.

Don't be nervous or scared about how you will be perceived by other students. The University hosts a very diverse group of students of all ages and ethnicities. The classes are smaller than most other universities, and the for the most part, the professors are interested in your success.

The most frustrating part of most universities is parking for students who commute. That is the most frustrating part of TSU as well; however, I have never been late to a class because of parking. There are places off campus that are still close enough to park if a spot isn't available.

Melissa

There are many things I would say to my high school senior self. Some of the main things I would say are to never limit yourself just because someone on the faculty implies that you cannot handle it. I would say “go ahead and take a chance at learning an upper level math class. Just because you are in your senior year and already have the minimum requirements for graduation, you should take the class; it will help prepare you for college.” The second thing I would say is that “sure you were pigeon holed through the years in school, just look at it as wasted potential, but what you did get out of it is something called hard work.” The third thing I would say is that “people may use pretty words for the meaning of the word ‘dumb’, never believe them, you are just an average person like everyone else. Everyone has the ability to learn anything; it just takes a different learning approach or learning style.” The last thing I would say is that “never be afraid of failure, as long as you work hard towards your goal, you’ll reach it eventually.”

Malcolm

I would advise to plan ahead what you want career wise and make sure that the university you are attending has what you need to make that plan a success. Also, know your program's guide, it'll help you avoid taking classes not needed and/or repeating classes. And apply for any and all scholarships, the more the better.

registration and financial aid lines because it becomes long tedious.

Kendyl

Dear 18-year-old-self, Congratulations! You are about to graduate and head off to college! Not so fast, you didn't actually get enough money to go to the schools you applied for so don't pay that $500 deposit. You'll be attending community college for the next year. I know you are really unhappy about this and disapointed, but its not all bad! Your classes will be easy as long as you actually go to class (GO TO CLASS!), and the classes are a lot smaller than your friends attending their dream school, so make sure you get some rec letters from your professors. You will have the oppertunity to get ahead a year by taking more than 15 credits a semester because the classes are so easy, DO IT! You will also have the oppertunity to participate in the Disney College Program. Enjoy every long tiring minute of it because you will miss everything about it as soon as you leave. Make sure you have fun during your last year of high school, becuase it will be they last year with no responsiblities. Make sure to be selfish while you can! Love, 20-year-old BrokeCollegeStudent

Keheira

My classmates are crazy, fun, party people that still know how to get work done.

Dear self, Well look at you getting readdy to graduate from the only public school you have ever attended. I'm from the future and I just want to tell you to keep doing what you are doing. It is ok you don't have the 3.5 GPA or the SAT score that conflicts with the ACT. Just know you are still doing good. I found out that you can repeal that rejection from University of Southern California but don't do it because we still can get what we want. I'm sure you are down to paying a semester for school or free school. As much as I wanted to go to North Carolina A&T it is ok to spend that year at TSU. You get a wonderful start but don't sign up for the general education course if possible and focus on major pre-courses. Well work hard like I know you will so we can transfer to North Carolina A&T. Love, Keheira from the future

Anybody that wants to be at a medium size school that has a good mix of fun and play should attend. We have a pretty good football and Men's basketball team if you like sports. Also if you looking for an Engineering school in the South we rank in the top (or so I've been told).

Yovela

The Fraternity parties (AlphaWeek is the most anticipated event each year)!!!

The Fraternity parties (AlphaWeek is the most anticipated event each year)!!!

Instead of going to the military from highschool, I would have went straight to college instead and enjoyed the college experience and waited to have a baby. Applying for college early and going on college tours might have made me change my decision about going to the military first. Being a "non-traditional" student made me feel kind of akward and so much older than the traditional college students. I had to work full-time so I missed out on alot of events. My overall advice to myself would be to attend college and graduate then go to themilitary ,wait on having any children and enjoy life while you're young. Find others who have similar interets and surround yourself around positive people. Makesure to handle your paperwork in a timely manner and look for scholarships and work study programs to assist you financially. Pack lots of snacks and food and remember to bring shower shoes!

The financial aid office never answers the phone and there is ALWAYS a line at the begining of each semester. They also tend to lose paperwork so it is best to keep your original copies of everything you turn in at this University and never handle anything at the last minute!

brittany

I would tell myself to stay focused on my main goal which is to graduate so that I can begin my career. I would also remind myself not to let any school functions or people distract me from achieving my goal.

we are like one big family. whenever we have a school activity we all come together as one.

anyone. the school has diversity.

halimo

i really dont know but i think its diversity

i really dont know but i think its diversity

dont have kids without a parent to help you. get a job. get a car. raise your GPA. do alot of community service. dont get married.

Remondo

The advice I would give to myself is that I need to apply for a lot of scholarships because out-of-state tuition is very expensive and so that I do not have to take out a lot of loans. I would tell myself to save up enough money as I can for emergency reason such as for food, books, to come back home if needed. I would also tell myself to use my money wisely instead of spending it because I got it. I would tell myself that I need to have an open heart and open mind when people come to talk to me instead of just being quiet all the time. I would tell myself that do not procrastinate on any assignments. Once I get the assignment I must do it in a timely fashion instead of pushing it to the side. This is waht i would tell myself.

everything I needed to know I found out on my visit to the school.

A person with ambition and is willing to learn.

Tennessee State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.