Tennessee State University

« See more reviews of Tennessee State University

I consider the reputation of my school the worst. My school is known as a party school, a school of uneducated, and violent. There are different promoters that attend the school and they do promote their events on campus. The difference is, the events are never on campus, unlike other schools. My school has been known to have uneducated people, but isn’t that what school is for, to educate the uneducated? My school has also been called violent and unsafe. Due to the location of the school, it does encounter violent incidences around it, but rarely on the campus.

i would not count anything that is worst about my school but within 30% of the people in the school. Most African American do discriminate amongs themselves in the school because either they are jealous or want to be more better than their fellow brothers or sisters. We the African have seen what goes on in the school but we tend to blend in the group of people. It is a very competitive school amongs us, but one great school which has great lecturers, mentors or teachers who lead us to where we want to head in a great future.

The availbility and enthusiasim of the administtrators and falculty of the school. Regarding financial aid, academic problems or concerns or general campus related problems. It may take up to a few days just to get a finacial problem handle as oppose to a few hours at most instituions. The same goes with the responsivness of teachers to students. Teachers may be unavalible or have limited office hours. Feedback wuld help the student communicate better with the university as a whole.

Tennessee State is considered a Historic Black College, this can be challenging because it might seem like people of different races are unwelcomed. However, that is not true! Any and everyone is welcomed at TSU, yes it is an HBCU and yes TSU does cater to the needs of the black community, but all in all it is a university. TSU demands excellency, preseverance, and hard work from all its students; race is not an issue.

The worst thing about my school is the financial aid situations. The people in the financial aid office never tries to help you with your financial aid they just brush you off and tell you to figure it out on your own. If you are a freshman living in a freshman dorm, I would advice you to not live in the freshman dorm called Mary Wilson Hall because the living arrangements are to horrible for any female to live in.

The financial aid department is the worse thing here at my school because they do not provide for students like a financial aid department should. They are very slow and incompetent in a lot of things that they do. Then once the information is sent in, the student has to run around from building to building, in order to get their information verified.

I consider the unorganization to be the only flaw that my school, or any HBCU has. The main priority is the incoming freshmen, and its shows. Alot of students were removed from classes due to the fact that their paperwork or financial aid had not been processed. I came in as a Tranfer student, and had absolutely no guidance.

Financial aid is horrible! It took 1 months before i received any refund money to buy my books! I had to pay out of pocket so I would not get behind in my classes. The financial aid at the school was audited and we were on the news because of all the students for 1 month did not have money!

The financial aid office never answers the phone and there is ALWAYS a line at the begining of each semester. They also tend to lose paperwork so it is best to keep your original copies of everything you turn in at this University and never handle anything at the last minute!

The worst thing about the school is that it offers a very limited scholarship fund. It needs to provide more scholarships to attract and encourage more students. That is the worst thing about the school. Other than lacking scholarship funds, it is a great school.