Tennessee State University

« See more reviews of Tennessee State University

The right college all depends on what field you want to go into. For me music was my choice so i looked at the music program and found it was accredited. Which means my degree means more to people who might want to higher me after i graduate. The second thing you look at is the extracurricular activities and see which ones suit you. Then you look at the social life at the school to make sure you wont' be bored in your spare time.

I would tell students to choose the college that is right for them. Do not attend just because your friends are going. What right for them may not be what's right for you. Also, students, don't be afraid to try new things. Meeting new people and getting involved makes college less stressful and more bearable. They can help you in more ways than you can imagine. They have been there for a while and can give you some helpul advice.

Parents should listen to their children. The educational process is long and hard and parents should not only want their children to learn but also enjoy themselves. They should encourage their children to go away for school and experience something new outside of their boundaries. Going away for school also builds your character because you are away from home and your parents and you must make decisions on your own everyday.

well, only if that were true to happen, but if I was given that opportunity I would have went to the school of my choice and that would have been Vanderbilt University, only reason in which I could not attend is that I could not afford to pay for tuition. A good I could give myself at the time was first go to a community college for two years and then transfer to a university, first off I would have saved more money.

If i could go back in time as a high school senior, i would tell myself to keep thinking of the career i want to pursue in college and go for it and making sure I go with the best college. It is the right thing to do and there is no telling what i could accomplish if i try my best to go to college and make my dreams come true. By making sure I stay on the right path. A good education is the one key to your success.

If I could go back in time as a high school senior I would have been sure to become more involved in comunity service projects , volunteer work, in organizations for leadership, and I would would maintain a GPA higher than 2.5. This could help because a student may gain experience to prepare them for activeness in college, qualify for more positions in orginizations, scholarships, and invite more oppurtunities.

I have gained a great deal of knowledge in the classroom and about myself. College has opened my mind up to many to concepts and ideas. I have also gained life long friendships through college, not to mention great networking opportunities. If you have the opportunity I suggest you go to college, one can't explain how much your life will change in such a positive manner and how much you will grow as a person.

Research, research, and research. Ask students and faculty who attend the school of your interest about it. Also make sure that the school offers everything you want and need from it, i.e: major, minor, activities. Once you're at the college of your choice study and do your school work first to get it out the way, be nice and considerate to others, and do whatever else you want or need to do afterwards.

You want to find a college that you feel fits your personality. Also look for a school where the students ae friendly because you want to feel like you are a part of the school. College is about education, but that doesn't mean don't have fun. Remember work first play later. Never fall behind in your studies because it will be extremely difficult to catch up. Always stay focused and on top of your work.

The first thing I would say is choose wisely. And also listen to your child because they will want to go where they will be happy. I would visit as many different schools as possible, weigh your options. Know the cost and your ability to afford it. Also be open minded, things happen in college, its a start of a new life. Try new things, meet new people. Try to make the best out of this new experience.