Tennessee State University

« See more reviews of Tennessee State University

My advice that I would give to parents and/or students is choose your college carefully. Don't choose a college based on what your friends and family say. Choose the collge that you know that you can see yourself attending and evoloving into a better person. Make yourself feel proud of the college choice that made. Now go out there and make something of yourself at the college of YOUR choice!!!!

The advice that I would give a parent/student about finding the right college and making the most of it would be to make sure that you pick one that has the major that you want to major in. Also make sure that that college provides opportunity for you to get internships. Make sure that it is a fully accreditied college. That will save you some headaches when trying to go to grad school.

The advice that I will give myself is to take my time and pick a school that provides a great education and that is affordable. You need to know what you are getting yourself into as you pick a school that is out- of- state. Choose a major that will make you happy and not others because in the long run it's you who have to do the work. Marquine' make a decision that you will not regret.

When trying to find the best college for you, try going on a tour of the college and make sure you explore every part of the campus you know you will be the most. When you get the feeling that a college feels at home and the most comfortable then go with your heart. Make sure to ask students or staff on campus plenty questions to get an understanding of how campus-life truely is.

Find a school that has a nice safe atmosphere that is well diversified and has a friendly welcoming staff willing to help. Make sur administration department are well organized and can answer questions and take care of buisness in a timley manner. There is nothing worse than getting the run around about simple questions or actions because of an unwilling administration.

Always make sure that they give you enough money to go to school, stay home for the first 2 years so by the time Junior and Senior year come, (which are the important years) you will be able to earn more moneyto attend a bigger University. Always check out the dorms before you reside in them because some of the dorms are just too nasty to live in.

Student should always be prepared for distractions and never put their social life first. Be sure to hang around people that will not stray you from you work and that will help him/her succeed in school. Parent should always stand behind their child whether the grade are good or bad. Family support is the best support a student can recieve.

I have gotten alot out of my college experience. College has givien me the chance to futher my education. College has also given me a chance to meet people from many differnent places. My college experience has been very valuable because it has made me a better person as a whole. When I say as a whole I mean mentally and physicially.

I would advise to plan ahead what you want career wise and make sure that the university you are attending has what you need to make that plan a success. Also, know your program's guide, it'll help you avoid taking classes not needed and/or repeating classes. And apply for any and all scholarships, the more the better.

Make sure that the college you choose is affordable and can give you all of the things that you want out of a campus experience (i.e. your major, extracurricular actvities, safety, etc). Also your first choice may not be your best choice, so don't give up when you don't get accepted or cannot afford it.