Tennessee State University

« See more reviews of Tennessee State University

I would tell myself that going to college would be great for our future. I wouldn't worry about having time to go to parties and hanging out. I would definitely work on time manaagement and get motivated for the success that comes after all of the hard work that is put into our college education. Going to college could be very influential on the future that you may perceive yourself to be at in the future. I would also remind myself that there is a lot of resources to help you with all the help that may be needed for your success.

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior is to learn as much as you can while in high school. I would also tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible while in high school. Lastly, I would tell my high school self to get a high GPA early on in college; I would tell myself the importance of GPA and the opportunities available the high it is. I would also tell my high school self to choose a major not only what they would enjoy, but what would also be a prominent and in demand career upon graduation.

I would inform myself on how large the transition is for a student that attended a small private high school that chooses to attend a medium/ large college. I would tell myself that in college I would not have the same amount of direct individualized instruction that I had in high school, but that I would have to work hard to stand out as a promising student to my college professors and that absolutely nothing will be given to me. I would let myself know that I will have to work my absolute hardest in order to be successful.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to focus a little more. I would tell me that I need to get used to having a lot of work, tell myself to actually use my planner, pay attention in class, do not skip any classes (I never did in high school because I would be dead), I would tell myself to be a little more outgoing and social to new people. I would tell myself not to take anything for granted, to respect my teachers, and do all of my school work, not just the easy stuff.

I would tell myself this: "You should work hard on any and everything, because it will pay off, get involved in your surroundings, in order to be a voice for your fellow peers, take the time to research the school, go your advisor every chance you can get to keep him/her updated on your progress during your college career and ask for their help when it is needed, and stay focused on the reason(s) why you want to go to an university this is what will fuel you to be head-strong and active in getting a worthy education."

College is an expensive investment to one's life. I would prefer that parents and students fill out a FAFSA form first to be eligible for financial aid. Additionally, parents and students should visit their school of choice and find out what the school has to offer on an academic basis. They should also make sure that the school offer quality services from the main offices, that the school dorms look presentable, and that the school offers a good variety of food. The school should also offer a healthy choice of food.

make sure that you take care of your business in high school so that money is easier to obtain for college through scholarships. have copies of everything. network and meet as many people as possible. be active on campus and go out the parties but know that you dont have to be at every one because most are the same thing with the same people so choose carefully. surround yourself with people who share your beliefs, this makes it easier to stay focused. be safe when it comes to the alcohol and sex, protect yourself.

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships and don't get discourged. Life is full of mistakes and just learn from them. I would tell myself to stay focused on the dream and don't fall off course. To not worry, you will make plenty of friends and to just know that being an out of state student has benefits! I would also tell myself that starting college is a beautiful thing and that its the best time of your life, ENJOY IT! That is what i would tell myself knowing what I know now!

In high school I was a normal, rebellious teen who didn't understand that all of the things that my mom told me about getting good grades and actually filling out scholarship applications would help me in the long run. It took me to get into college and mess up my first year, and having to incur student loans to realize that she wasn't just blowing hot air. I would tell myself to actually listen to her and know that the dull paperwork that I would have to do then would save me from the headaches that I get now.

It will be very valuable for me to attend college because I will be going into the medical field. It is very important for me to learn and know everything that I am taught because I will be helping in saving peoples lives. I know that I will get a lot out of what I learn and I am excited to apply it to life. Not only will I learn how to saves somones life, but I will also learn to be responsible in the real world. Teachers do not just teach you "what you need to know" they teach you life lessons.