Tennessee State University

« See more reviews of Tennessee State University

I am a Dental Hygiene Major. At Tennessee State they offer an A.A.S. and B.S. degree. I came into the school with the understanding of being there for maxium of two years to recieve an associates degree. Half-way though my first semester I sit down with my advisor to talk about applying for the Dental program. It is then that I learn, that it will take me 3 1/2 years to get my degree and I might as well get the B.S. I feel like they intentionally withheld the information hoping I would stay.

Honestly, there really isn't anything that I wish I had not Known before I came here, except the ways to try and get instate tuition. I say that because before I made my decision, I visted the school on multiple occasions to see what they had to offer to help my decision to come here. The out of state tuition is a killer, but I wish I had known the necessary steps needed to get in-state that way it would have been less stressful on my parents and I.

Prior to attending the Tennessee StateUniversity, I wish I had known that I didn't need to worry. As an out of state student, coming from two states away, I often found myself very worried about leaving my comfort zone where I was very popular and had lots of friends to attending a school where I knew no one and was unsure what it had in-store for me. Overall I am more than pleased with my experience here and would not change it for the world.

The things i wish i would have known about this school was they really dont care about the students stafety on the TSU campus is certainly not its greatest attribute. But Each of the dorms has a booth where a security officer is supposed to check IDs, but you only see someone working there once in a blue moon. Most of the time, someone can drive onto the campus with no questions asked?

Don't be nervous or scared about how you will be perceived by other students. The University hosts a very diverse group of students of all ages and ethnicities. The classes are smaller than most other universities, and the for the most part, the professors are interested in your success.

I wish I would have known how easy it was to navigate around campus, before coming to Tennessee State University I thought it was going to be difficult to navigate to classes and I thought it was a big campus.

I wish that I had known that the administration does not know what they are doing. They are of no help and it appears that they never work. You have to do things on your own.

I wish I would had known how expensive this school is tuition and fees are. Although Tennessee State is a very educational and fun environment it is not cheap.

Before i came to the campus i wish i would have known more independence from my father. As well as, I also felt like i should not be as naive about somethings.

How limited the majors are here, unlike MTSU, where they have the major I actually wanted to jump into. Other than that, thats all.