Fremont, OH
Terra State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Terra State Community College

Kristen

After attending Terra, for four semesters, I am happy to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the learning environment of smaller class sizes. Smaller classes have allowed many student the ability to have a one on one learning experience, as well as an open line of communication within the classroom. This motivates and excites one to want to learn instead of feeling the pressure of hundreds of others around you.

Angelique

I have just recently transferred to Terra State Community College and I believe it has been the best decision for me. At my previous school I struggled to understand concepts and soak in the information that was taught due to large class sizes. At Terra there is a lot of individual learning due to the small class sizes and the teachers being able to have one-on-on with the students. There are also clubs to join on campus for almost every major and one fraternity for honors students. The Professors at Terra want you to learn and succeed in their classes, so if you have any questions they are usually pretty quick at responding to emails, and have very operational office hours. All of the books you need for the classes can be found in the book store since each class has a standardized text book no matter what professor is teaching the class. Overall my experience at Terra has been wonderful and I would encourage anyone to come check it out for themselves.

Amy

Terra is great school! If you want to save some money and get a great education, Terra State Community College is the place. There is always something going on clubs, music, or activities. The teachers and professors are fantastic. These people are here to help student succeed.

Alaina

I would go back to myself as a senior and tell me the truth. There is nothing wrong with taking a year or two off between high school and college to work and figure out what it is I want to study. Wasting a year of money on school that I would not use due to changing my major would be extremely helpful advice. I would also tell myself that starting at a 2 year college and transferring to a 4 year instution is a smart way to go. I felt like it was frowned upon to do this and it was something that slackers did, but the money that I would save myself and have the ability to work full time while attending school full time would be well worth doing so.

The best thing about Terra is the affordability. Credit hours are almost a quarter of the cost of most other schools.

Classes offered can be very limited to one a semester or even one every school year. So if a class is full that you need and it is only offered in the fall you will have to wait til the following fall semester. This could delay graduation or transferring to another school.

Sierra

Terra is my college of choice because it works closely with other 4 year colleges in the area. They work with Heidleberg , Tiffin and BGSU just to name a few. I am in the Dual admission program with Heidelberg where I can take 1 course there and go full time at Terra and pay the same per hour rate for both. Over all this will save me alot of money on my education. Everyone at the school is friendly and open to helping adults and high school students succeed!

They have a disabilities program that does what they can to help you! Also, for a community college with no dorms they have work out areas and lots of things for students to do.

I would honestly turn myself around and kick myself in the behind! I would then say, stay determined! Look for help in paying for school and give it all you got while you are young! Later in life you will go through major medical, family and financial issues! Stay in college and plan on transerfing to a four year school! Get your bachelors degree because you may experience an economical depression and education will help you get or keep your job! You are very smart! Use your brain and work smarter not harder! Whatever you do, don't give up,!

MaiKayla

If I could go back in time and give myself advice for college I would have a lot to say. I would tell myself that I need to ask for help when I am struggling because a lot of teachers do not want to see their students fail. I would also tell myself that I need to do everything I can to keep my grades up and put me, myself, and school before friends. I would also tell myself that I needed to focus on myself and getting my homework done. I would want to make sure that I, as a high school student, knew that I could depend on my parents during a hard time and that they would come through and help me no matter how late it was at night ot what I needed help with.

I think that the best thing about my school would be the people. Everyone there is so friendly and willing to help you pass your classes all you have to do is ask.

Grace

There is nothing I could have learned prior to attending Terra State Community College that would have been beneficial to know beforehand. I am attending via Post-Secondary options; I am a high school senior attending college courses full-time. I am so glad I have had the opportunity for free college education during my senior year before I proceed to further my education at another university! I love the challenges that come along with not knowing exactly what I'm diving into, like in the case of attending Terra. I jump on every opportunity for self improvement!

Due to being a PSO student, I have not had the chance to participate in a "normal" senior year with my friends and fellow classmates. However, if I could give advice to a friend who opted to stay at the high school as opposed to attending college courses, I would inform them that post-secondary is very worthwhile. Of course, I've missed out on having the social life of an average high chool senior. Although some may view this as "missing out," I highly value my choice to give up a year of socializing and recreation with friends to instead pursue higher education with the help of my high school to pay for it. I do miss spending time with friends and classmates and participating in everyday school activities, but later in life, I will value a jump start to my education higher than I would a few memories with friends I may never talk to after high school.

My school is a wonderful learning environment, providing a great start on the path to reaching any goal and obtaining any career.

Terra State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.