Texarkana, TX
Texarkana College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texarkana College

Cameron

To be quite honest, Texarkana College is an amazing choice to go through with. Like most other college students, I am almost positive that money for a university is, quite high compared to the budget that I actually have. Going to Texarkana saved me a lot on money, regarding gas, and the classes themselves, period. There may not be much to do regarding sports, and activities, but most people who come here, are not really looking for that type of stuff at the moment. They're trying to go somewhere affordable, and somewhere that is easy going compared to other schools. Which is exactly why I chose to go to TC.

Madison

Texarkana College has a very good academic and theater program.

Texarkana College has a very good academic and theater program.

Amber

The Instructors push us to learn in class as well as outside of class. They are always accessible by email and have regular office hours as well. The campus is very safe, campus police is always available. I would recommend this campus to students who are willing to put in the work required for a degree.

Cameron

As a social anxiety-induced teenager, I realize that TC is and was the best option for me. It let me go to college and attend school at a reasonable price and put myself out there at my own pace. One of the things that I truly appreciate however, is that while the school is bigger than my high school, a staggering 400 students in that facility, significantly reduced by the near few thousands that attend TC, I still feel calm. The classes, while pushing the limit, and by "the limit" I fully digress to meaning my limit, with thirty-something students, are honestly not that full. I can fully focus on my studies with a teacher if need be, because they are available at the time in which I may or may not need them. Granted, there are times when you need to speak to one who you can't particularly meet, there are nearly four different ways to contact one teacher. TC is wonderful in that sense to be honest. It's amazing that I can communicate openly with people and be heard rather than being dismissed as another face who is "wasting their time" purely because I do not understand what I am learning. Now granted, I know a lot of professors from the larger universities are not like that and that there are some teachers from smaller colleges who are. Maybe it's just the stigma that's unearthed from some of my old classmates and friends who attend the larger universities and have less than pleasant stories to share about their professors. Perhaps that's being influenced by the mass but if a mass quantity of people are saying it, perhaps it's true. I've gotten somewhat off track, but believe me this just furthers the belief that Texarkana College was an excellent choice. And I wouldn't change it at all.

Justin

It is truly a great college. It is home based and has a great staff. The college has a great many opportunities such as the workforce programs and the academic programs. Because of the low student to teacher ratio, there is a lot of opportunity to talk with the teachers.

Katie

Go with your heart and stick to a major and start at Texarkana College so you can get school over and have the career you want before you are 25 years old, and dont forget to study but also have fun. You only live once enjoy your life and stick yo your plan.

Sydney

My school is a very open school that will help anyone get on the right path no matter what age, color, sex, or ethnicity you are because it is "a great place to start, or start over." (Texarkana College Moto)

Dear Sydney, I have a small word of advice for you. I hope that you will take this advice to heart and act on it because i truly believe that they will benifit you. I advise you to enjoy high school more and the freedom that is given to you because once you graduate, get a job, and go to school there is no time for the things that are offered to you right now in high school. Although you need to relax and have more fun you also need to get into the habit of studying everynight whether ir not you think you need to. The algebra that you think you are completely ready for, go ahead and study another thirty minutes the night before even if you dont think you need it because It truely will make a difference. please take this advice to heart it truely will help you. See you in the mirror next time! Sydney

A student that do not want to work hard for their grades and wants their grades handed to them or "inflated." At TC you have to work and study hard to make the grade that you want to make! Although the professors will help you they still expect you to work outside of the classroom

Ashlee

My school is a growing community college that is more of a highschool reunion.

My school is a growing community college that is more of a highschool reunion.

Most of my classmates live with there parents, and the majority either didn't have the money to attend a larger university or attended one and couldn't make it, so they came back home.

If I could go back to my senior year I would tell myself not to worry about what others think of you when you get to college. Keep your morals, because everyone is just as lost as you are. People may seem cool, partying all the time, but in the long run they are just harming themselves. Work hard but don't forget to have fun. Find friends that share your interests and values, and those friends will be the ones that stick by you for the rest of your life.

Ludmilla

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school, I would tell myself to make sure that I concentrate on my studies. Don't go partying everyday so I would have the energy to wake up for class and be able to do my homework. Don't pay attention to all the boys that follow you around because it is not worth messing up your education. Make sure you do not miss too many classes because it will be hard to make up the work. Finally I would tell myself to ask for help when needed.

Sharon

Sharon, Do not put off College just because you are tried of school. College is a awarding challenge and it can be a great start to your career goals. Do not worry about money even though your parents seem to be strapped for money, the money can be found. Remember College is the only way to achieve your career goals if you hope to advance in your field of study. Even if you have to go away to college do not dwell on the time away from your family and friends because remember they are just a phone call or click away. They are not gone they are just in a different area then you. Remember that dorm life does not have to be that troubling, you are rooming with your sister, just look at it that way or it could even be better due to meeting new people and making new friends. Do not get discouraged just keep your eye on the goals and you will do fine. Remember keep your eye on the prize!!!!

The campus. It is in a strange location and is laid out differently then most schools.

Any student that has the drive to succeed in there career goals.

Texarkana College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.