Texarkana College Top Questions

Go with your heart and stick to a major and start at Texarkana College so you can get school over and have the career you want before you are 25 years old, and dont forget to study but also have fun. You only live once enjoy your life and stick yo your plan.

Sydney

Dear Sydney, I have a small word of advice for you. I hope that you will take this advice to heart and act on it because i truly believe that they will benifit you. I advise you to enjoy high school more and the freedom that is given to you because once you graduate, get a job, and go to school there is no time for the things that are offered to you right now in high school. Although you need to relax and have more fun you also need to get into the habit of studying everynight whether ir not you think you need to. The algebra that you think you are completely ready for, go ahead and study another thirty minutes the night before even if you dont think you need it because It truely will make a difference. please take this advice to heart it truely will help you. See you in the mirror next time! Sydney

Ashlee

If I could go back to my senior year I would tell myself not to worry about what others think of you when you get to college. Keep your morals, because everyone is just as lost as you are. People may seem cool, partying all the time, but in the long run they are just harming themselves. Work hard but don't forget to have fun. Find friends that share your interests and values, and those friends will be the ones that stick by you for the rest of your life.

Ludmilla

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school, I would tell myself to make sure that I concentrate on my studies. Don't go partying everyday so I would have the energy to wake up for class and be able to do my homework. Don't pay attention to all the boys that follow you around because it is not worth messing up your education. Make sure you do not miss too many classes because it will be hard to make up the work. Finally I would tell myself to ask for help when needed.

Sharon

Sharon, Do not put off College just because you are tried of school. College is a awarding challenge and it can be a great start to your career goals. Do not worry about money even though your parents seem to be strapped for money, the money can be found. Remember College is the only way to achieve your career goals if you hope to advance in your field of study. Even if you have to go away to college do not dwell on the time away from your family and friends because remember they are just a phone call or click away. They are not gone they are just in a different area then you. Remember that dorm life does not have to be that troubling, you are rooming with your sister, just look at it that way or it could even be better due to meeting new people and making new friends. Do not get discouraged just keep your eye on the goals and you will do fine. Remember keep your eye on the prize!!!!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior the best piece of advice that I could give myself would be to focus on my grades. Some say that grades will not matter in the long run and do not prevent you from going to college but that is not true. College is very expensive and the cost of tuition has increased over the years. If you make good grades through high school then your GPA on your transcript will be good enough to earn you a scholarship that may be able to pay your entire way through college or at least a few semesters to start. Good grades will always pay off in the end and to not have them will be to not earn scholarship. If I could have went back in time and told myself that I believe that I would have made some changes on how I studied and did my homework throughout high school.

I would have taken more college credit classes. I also would have joined more clubs. I wish i had went off to college after high school but i feel more prepared now that i went to a community college. There are some mistakes i wish i could go back and change but i have learned from my mistakes and it has made me stronger for the future.

I would first tell myself to set priorities. Far too often, students straight out of high school do not have their priorities straight. Being able to focus on school, and letting the distractions fall to the wayside. I failed myself, my expectations, and my family's expectations by not setting my priorities straight. I would also tell myself that being able to have fun is a privelege, not a right. School and studying should take precedence over partying, though being able to have fun is also a welcomed distraction, just in small doses. Friends are important to the college experience, but they shouldn't consume a person's life either. Being able to have a balance of school, studying, friends, and fun is the only way to be successful in college.

Bradley

If I could go back in time and talk to the high school senior Bradley Dunkin I would tell him to plan ahead. I would like to go into the medical field and my first year of chemistry really blew me away. Not thinking about the need to study more, I would tell myself to learn how to study. Passing classes in high school were easy but that was not a good thing to perpare myself for college.Though I took some college classes in high school it is nothing like the real thing. I think the best advice I could give would be to never get lazy, work harder and be the best.

Kelci

If I went back to my high school senior year, I would have a very frank conversation with my seventeen year old self. I would advise me to research the colleges, the major, and the course of study for that major. I would tell me that I truly don't know how to study and that it is true that high school is easy. I would try to convince this know-it-all me that the teachers are telling me the truth about college professors, dropout rates, hard tests, and no one looking over your shoulder to make sure you do the work and get it in on time. I would tell myself that it really does help to prepare for college with financial planning, applying for scholarships, and that money will be tight. I didn't understand then that it was possible to make too much money to be eligible for grants and many scholarships yet still not have the money to go to college. I would explain that my parents are giving all they have to give and that I need to carry my part of the burden of getting that most important college education. I might listen.

Drew

I woud tell myself to take all the college class I could so that I wouldn't have to waste time taking really easy classes, and I would tell myself that I need to start learning how to study better so when I start school I will know what I need to be studying.