Laredo, TX
Texas A & M International University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas A & M International University

Silke

I would tell myself that things change whether we like it or not. In High School I had made a four year plan, thought ahead and was going to follow every step. I never imagined I was going to be studying to get my BA In English and completed a semester Abroad in England. I would tell myself ot enjoy life, and enjoy the time with the friends I have now. Not to focus on the past, but the future and how to get there. I would convince myself to relax and and embrace my time in High School, to work hard and get a good GPA. I would tell myself that sometmes beauty and popularity isn't everything, what counts are you actions. How you get there, what you did to get there, and the way you fought to get there.

TAMIU is very friendly in the scence that the classrooms are small, so everyone can get along easily.

Sometimes the parking in unbarable, we have to park on the other side of the University.

Alexandra

If there was a time machine with a green bright glow saying "restart", I would definitely press it. Now that I know what college is, I see that is nothing compared to High School. My senior year was nothing like I expected, sometimes things do not go they way someone has planned. My senior year was like a bad dream, unfortenately I had two broken bones during my year. One was my left hip which caused me to have a surgery to reconnect it. I was only thinking about getting out of the wheelchair, and not really thinking about my future. I did not apply for any scholarships, I missed Financial Aid night since I had to go to the doctor, and did everything at the last minute. I wish I could have been stronger, and had applied for different colleges, scholarships, because now I am stuggling with money, since only my mom works and my dad is handicapped. I would have told myself to not let my injuries interfere in my education, and success. I do regret not doing many things when i had the chance, but all one can do is keep on fighting for their dreams.

Whenever I talk about my school, I always tell them how helpul the staff are whenever you are in need of help. They are so energetic and have such an amazing attitude. I have not encounter anyone who has given me bad attitude so far. Also, how many organizations they have, and how everyone can interact with each other, and become friends.

Mariza

You cross international boundaries and leave the old you behind when attending this university. You collaborate with scholars and turn an idea into an opportunity. This university will challenge you to view the world at limitless.

What i consider to be the best thing about my school is there are many opportunites to be apart of student organizations. TAMIU is a major regional educational institution of choice in the State's fastest-growing demographic area.

John

I would tell myself to start saving up money earlier. Get more involved in applying for scholarships. Enroll for 15 hours and do not let the advisors to convince you not to. Rent your books if possible. Look hard to find ways to get money; legally of course. Expand your group of friends.

Basically any person not motivated to learn or at least keep their grades up enough to make due.

Friendly environment towards new students to ease the transition.

Jesse

The classmates are very friendly and cooperative when it comes to group project.

The advice that I would give myself in high school to apply for more scholarships and get more classes to advance myself faster to achieve my goals. For me not to entertaine myself with work nor any other things just to apply for scholarships and extra grants such as the TX Grant.

One of the worst things are not having variety of classes to take online and in the evening and weekend.

Joshua

Knowing what I know about college , the advice I would give myself would be to take College Algbera in high school. I had the chance to take several college classes my senior year in high school. I chose to only take one. I chose to take Biology. It was a good thing. However I thought taking only one college class as a high school student during the school day was a good plan. I was wrong. I wish I would have taken as many college classes I could while in high school. While in high school I knew college would cost a lot, but I didn't comprehend the expense until now. Taking college class in high school the classes and books were provided to the students free of charge. How I miss that. Taking college classes in high school is a wonderful opportunite that I wish I would of taken full advanage of. At the time I thought one class was enough, but now I know different. If I could go back in time to 2011 I would find myself as a senior and tell myself to sign up for every college class. It will make a difference!

joana

The advice I would give myself is to stay focus. life is not as easy as it looks like hard work, dedication pays of to support your family. The purpose of becoming successful is to make yourself content of all the accomplishments you have set goals to, and being an effective individual and making friends, family feel proud of having a daughter like myself. One obstacle many high school students don"t realize when there young is not taking advantage of soo many learning resources and they rather be hanging out with friends and wasting time. If I could go back now I would go and have an assembely of the importance of doing good, studying, achieve their high school diploma and going to college. To resist temptation and friends because those things wont help with job, degree, your personal life. School is the only way to success and becoming someone smart, educated and independent.

Gabriella

All throughout high school, I could not wait until graduation. I was ready to leave my town and move on to bigger and better things. For as long as I could remember, I had my heart set on going to a university in a big city, where all I planned to do was have fun and party. The day came when I got my letter from my dream school, all to find out that I was not accepted, therefore, TAMIU was the only choice i had left. I told myself I would do everything I could to pick up my grades so that I could transfer out as soon as possible. What i would have never guessed, however, is that I would fall in love with this campus and all it had to offer. This school has encouraged me to be the best student I can be and has presented me with multiple opportunities. As of right now, I plan to stay here until I earn my degree. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself not to be so close-minded and to give everything a chance. You never know what you might end up loving.

Texas A&M Internation University was not my first choice for post graduation, but I am sure glad that I did come here. TAMIU is fun, challenging, and just an all around awesome school. My only regret is not knowing all of this before attending. Had I had know all the amazing opportunities that would have been presented to me before my first day, I definitely would not have entered the school year with such a terrible attitude. Needless to say, my thoughts about the school quickly changed to more positive ones.

Texas A&M International University, otherwise known as TAMIU, is not for those who expect to party their whole way through college. It is the type of university that requires hard work and dedication. It does offer many fun activities, however none of them condone wreckless behavior. If someone is just looking for an easy way to earn a degree, then this is definitely not the school for them.

Jose

I consider my school very nice and big this school have a lot of things three sports fields two parking lots.

The thing I want to accomplish is to go to a University and get a major for criminal justice. I would like to attend to Texas A&M International. Yes, I am working towards my goal so I can accomplish it. In school I have a class where I get to work for my scholarships to see if I receive the money for my dream goal. Since the first day of my freshman year I’ve worked hard to do all my best in every single class. This senior year in the class where we apply have to apply to applications I have try my very best so I can receive as many scholarships as I can. My overall goal is to impress my parents because my brothers didn’t make their goals and also be someone in life. I want to prove my brothers wrong because they have always told me that I can’t make it to a University. If the government gives me money I want to take advantage of that so I can reach my overall goal, and show to my parents that they have a daughter that did something out of seventeen years of education.

I consider this school like one of the best that i saw , another thing is that have soocer program i like soccer and i want to play there because i am interested in this program for that i want to attend. it will reach me more the level of soccer, this school is my life because i depend my future and with this school i hope to acomplish. i will be freshman next year and i hope and they accept me to reach my goal and my family will be proud of me also i 've proud of my self.

karen

Its an international school, which gives me better oppurtunities to travel the world.

I would say, to try harder to be in clubs, be in all the clubs. And actually read for God's sake! Cause that shit is really really important in college. And don't be so afraid to speak out, you're a great person and you shouldn't hide who you really are from anyone Karen. If they don't like you for being gay then they don't deserve you. Chin up, it gets better in time.

Anyone and everyone who wants a better future for their life.

Texas A & M International University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.