Laredo, TX
Texas A & M International University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas A & M International University

John

I would tell myself to start saving up money earlier. Get more involved in applying for scholarships. Enroll for 15 hours and do not let the advisors to convince you not to. Rent your books if possible. Look hard to find ways to get money; legally of course. Expand your group of friends.

Basically any person not motivated to learn or at least keep their grades up enough to make due.

Friendly environment towards new students to ease the transition.

Jesse

The classmates are very friendly and cooperative when it comes to group project.

The advice that I would give myself in high school to apply for more scholarships and get more classes to advance myself faster to achieve my goals. For me not to entertaine myself with work nor any other things just to apply for scholarships and extra grants such as the TX Grant.

One of the worst things are not having variety of classes to take online and in the evening and weekend.

Joshua

Knowing what I know about college , the advice I would give myself would be to take College Algbera in high school. I had the chance to take several college classes my senior year in high school. I chose to only take one. I chose to take Biology. It was a good thing. However I thought taking only one college class as a high school student during the school day was a good plan. I was wrong. I wish I would have taken as many college classes I could while in high school. While in high school I knew college would cost a lot, but I didn't comprehend the expense until now. Taking college class in high school the classes and books were provided to the students free of charge. How I miss that. Taking college classes in high school is a wonderful opportunite that I wish I would of taken full advanage of. At the time I thought one class was enough, but now I know different. If I could go back in time to 2011 I would find myself as a senior and tell myself to sign up for every college class. It will make a difference!

joana

The advice I would give myself is to stay focus. life is not as easy as it looks like hard work, dedication pays of to support your family. The purpose of becoming successful is to make yourself content of all the accomplishments you have set goals to, and being an effective individual and making friends, family feel proud of having a daughter like myself. One obstacle many high school students don"t realize when there young is not taking advantage of soo many learning resources and they rather be hanging out with friends and wasting time. If I could go back now I would go and have an assembely of the importance of doing good, studying, achieve their high school diploma and going to college. To resist temptation and friends because those things wont help with job, degree, your personal life. School is the only way to success and becoming someone smart, educated and independent.

Gabriella

All throughout high school, I could not wait until graduation. I was ready to leave my town and move on to bigger and better things. For as long as I could remember, I had my heart set on going to a university in a big city, where all I planned to do was have fun and party. The day came when I got my letter from my dream school, all to find out that I was not accepted, therefore, TAMIU was the only choice i had left. I told myself I would do everything I could to pick up my grades so that I could transfer out as soon as possible. What i would have never guessed, however, is that I would fall in love with this campus and all it had to offer. This school has encouraged me to be the best student I can be and has presented me with multiple opportunities. As of right now, I plan to stay here until I earn my degree. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself not to be so close-minded and to give everything a chance. You never know what you might end up loving.

Texas A&M Internation University was not my first choice for post graduation, but I am sure glad that I did come here. TAMIU is fun, challenging, and just an all around awesome school. My only regret is not knowing all of this before attending. Had I had know all the amazing opportunities that would have been presented to me before my first day, I definitely would not have entered the school year with such a terrible attitude. Needless to say, my thoughts about the school quickly changed to more positive ones.

Texas A&M International University, otherwise known as TAMIU, is not for those who expect to party their whole way through college. It is the type of university that requires hard work and dedication. It does offer many fun activities, however none of them condone wreckless behavior. If someone is just looking for an easy way to earn a degree, then this is definitely not the school for them.

Jose

I consider my school very nice and big this school have a lot of things three sports fields two parking lots.

The thing I want to accomplish is to go to a University and get a major for criminal justice. I would like to attend to Texas A&M International. Yes, I am working towards my goal so I can accomplish it. In school I have a class where I get to work for my scholarships to see if I receive the money for my dream goal. Since the first day of my freshman year I’ve worked hard to do all my best in every single class. This senior year in the class where we apply have to apply to applications I have try my very best so I can receive as many scholarships as I can. My overall goal is to impress my parents because my brothers didn’t make their goals and also be someone in life. I want to prove my brothers wrong because they have always told me that I can’t make it to a University. If the government gives me money I want to take advantage of that so I can reach my overall goal, and show to my parents that they have a daughter that did something out of seventeen years of education.

I consider this school like one of the best that i saw , another thing is that have soocer program i like soccer and i want to play there because i am interested in this program for that i want to attend. it will reach me more the level of soccer, this school is my life because i depend my future and with this school i hope to acomplish. i will be freshman next year and i hope and they accept me to reach my goal and my family will be proud of me also i 've proud of my self.

karen

Its an international school, which gives me better oppurtunities to travel the world.

I would say, to try harder to be in clubs, be in all the clubs. And actually read for God's sake! Cause that shit is really really important in college. And don't be so afraid to speak out, you're a great person and you shouldn't hide who you really are from anyone Karen. If they don't like you for being gay then they don't deserve you. Chin up, it gets better in time.

Anyone and everyone who wants a better future for their life.

Gloria

If I were to go back in time to tell myself something about college I would tell myself to study more. I would tell myself to get more involved with scholarships and colleges. I would also tell myself to open up a savings for college necessities. I would also tell myself to be more active in community service. I’d tell myself that it is very important to learn how to manage time and multitask. I would tell myself that I should maybe get a job and save that money so I wouldn’t be struggling to put myself through college right now; and so my family wouldn’t be stressing over it either.

At TAMIU everyone is welcome. TAMIU is a campus built to help out anyone and everyone. It is a place where anyone looking for a great education can go to.

When I tell my friends about Texas A&M International University I tell them about how helpful everyone on campus is. At TAMIU all the teachers and staff are very helpful and they are open to any questons you may have. I brag about how much I just love the atmosphere of the campus and the way everyone gets along.

Toriana

The fact that our school is very small and close knit is the best thing about my school. The small classrooms provide the students with a better chance at a relationship with the professors.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the diversity. We are a prodminately mexican american based school and community.

Angelica

In the Fall, it's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyone applying to schools. It's a very exciting time of year, and it is easy to feel left out and sad if you cannot apply for financial reasons. Everyone likes to think that going to the local community college is a negative thing, but I want you to realize that it will soon be one of the best things to happen to you. Consider first the amounts of money you will save by going to a community college and then transferring to a four year insitution, for this is the biggest benefit. All the money that you would be spending on transportation, books, and even housing going to a four year would be going to your pocket. Going to a community college also gives you the benefit of really deciding what it is you like to learn about because there are so many different classes to choose from. You can continuously change your mind without spending thousands of dollars at a time, so that when you finally do decide to transfer, you will be even more excited and motivated when you transfer.

Texas A & M International University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.