Laredo, TX
Texas A & M International University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas A & M International University

karen

Its an international school, which gives me better oppurtunities to travel the world.

I would say, to try harder to be in clubs, be in all the clubs. And actually read for God's sake! Cause that shit is really really important in college. And don't be so afraid to speak out, you're a great person and you shouldn't hide who you really are from anyone Karen. If they don't like you for being gay then they don't deserve you. Chin up, it gets better in time.

Anyone and everyone who wants a better future for their life.

Gloria

If I were to go back in time to tell myself something about college I would tell myself to study more. I would tell myself to get more involved with scholarships and colleges. I would also tell myself to open up a savings for college necessities. I would also tell myself to be more active in community service. I’d tell myself that it is very important to learn how to manage time and multitask. I would tell myself that I should maybe get a job and save that money so I wouldn’t be struggling to put myself through college right now; and so my family wouldn’t be stressing over it either.

At TAMIU everyone is welcome. TAMIU is a campus built to help out anyone and everyone. It is a place where anyone looking for a great education can go to.

When I tell my friends about Texas A&M International University I tell them about how helpful everyone on campus is. At TAMIU all the teachers and staff are very helpful and they are open to any questons you may have. I brag about how much I just love the atmosphere of the campus and the way everyone gets along.

Toriana

The worst thing about my school would have to be the diversity. We are a prodminately mexican american based school and community.

The fact that our school is very small and close knit is the best thing about my school. The small classrooms provide the students with a better chance at a relationship with the professors.

Angelica

In the Fall, it's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyone applying to schools. It's a very exciting time of year, and it is easy to feel left out and sad if you cannot apply for financial reasons. Everyone likes to think that going to the local community college is a negative thing, but I want you to realize that it will soon be one of the best things to happen to you. Consider first the amounts of money you will save by going to a community college and then transferring to a four year insitution, for this is the biggest benefit. All the money that you would be spending on transportation, books, and even housing going to a four year would be going to your pocket. Going to a community college also gives you the benefit of really deciding what it is you like to learn about because there are so many different classes to choose from. You can continuously change your mind without spending thousands of dollars at a time, so that when you finally do decide to transfer, you will be even more excited and motivated when you transfer.

The campus is pretty nice. I see random people taking pictures for special events. There is a alot of International students which that helps toy to get to know more people. Here in campus there is help for everything that you might need. I am very grateful for coming to this university.

I would appreciate my senior year a little better. Also I would encourage myself to apply for all the scholarship that I can apply for. Free money is always good especially when it comes to college. Everything is so expensive and helping my mother out wouldn't hurt at all. To keep up with my grades. When I was a senior I graduated in the top 10% of my class for the only reason that I slacked of thinking that I had it done. Now I really regret it because I would have graduated in the top ten of my senior class.

The only thing that I don't like about my school is that I have to walk almost a mile just to get something to eat. The dorms are far away from the cafeteria area. Another thing is that it's under construction and I have to walk a lot more.

Jamie

I would tell myself to that you don't need to know exactly where you are going to be headed in the right direction. You need to stop planning your life out. Life never goes as planned and if you learn to set goals instead of making plans, there will be less disappointment. Just enjoy the time that you have, work hard and do things that you love. If you do what you love and work hard, eventually you will be walking down the right path. College is suppose to be a time where you find yourself and learn to love yourself. If you stress over how life is suppose be going, you won't truly be living. So go ahead change your major, stay up too late, and learn the most important relationship you will ever have, is with yourself.

Alyanna

I would tell my self to open up your mind and yourself, do not be afraid to try new things, and take advantage of every opportunity. I would advise myself to join more clubs, volunteer, and meet new people because this way you can find your true identity. Through this, you can see the world and the beauty it beholds. You will understand yourself better and know the things that you like and the things that you don't, allowing you to gruadually move closer to growing as an individual and fully understanding what God has planned for you. Eventually you will comprehend that everything that happened in yourlife connects to your destiny. Take your classes more seriously, listen to your elders because they really do know what they're talking about, always be thankful for what you have, and with patience and understanding, have faith that God will lead you towards the right path. Lastly, above all else, listen to yourself and do what makes you happy.

Valerie

If I were to go back in time and give myself advice, there woud be a long list to what I would tell myself. Though i would the most important advice I would give is to keep the grades up. Many peers have the mentality that college is the same as high school. "The teacher will pass me" mentality, but that's what lead many to fail their classes. If i were to have someone to tell me those words I would have probably done much better my senior year of high school and my freshman year of college.

The university I attend to is known for the international students that attend the school throughout the school year. Most come to the school for the experience and to become part of a family in the sport they are best at.

Every person is welcomed and no one is denied to the school.

Ten days after graduating from high school, I left for the United States Marine Corps, and have subsequently been a Marine for the last nine years. In no way do I regret the decision that I made, however, if I were able to sit down with my high school self, I would offer him the following advice: Pursue your continuing education more aggressively while you're on Active Duty. You have so many tools at your disposal, and countless opportunities available to you. Make good use of them! As a Marine, it's easy to get lost in yourself and focus solely on what's best for the Marine Corps, while letting your own needs and self-interests sit on the backburner. Be smart, meet people, network, keep up the thirst for knowledge that you've always had, and never give up. Use your time wisely, because in a few years, you're going to realize how precious it truly is. I can't overexaggerate the importance of a good education, not just for the sake of having a degree, but to better yourself which will in turn, allow you to be a positive influence on those around you.

Texas A & M International University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.