Laredo, TX
Texas A & M International University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas A & M International University

Eric

Assuming time travel was a factual concept, I have just stepped into a time machine! I am now in Old Forge, PA in 2011. I see myself coming down the hallway. Looking at me in a complete state of confusion is making myself feel a little wiser. I need to go tell myself first of all that none of my old peers are going to be assisting me after graduation. I know it is hard to believe it, but after this Eric, you're your own pal! Now that being said, let's get into responsibilities. First, money management should be taught in high school, because its a lesson learned the hard way. There is not going to be dinner waiting for you when you get home when your at a dorm without mom around. Secondly, laundry adds up faster than a calculator! This may not seem important at first, but all i can say is don't say i did't tell you so (Or should I say, tell "me" so). Last but not least, freedom is a great thing. As long as you do what you have to do, there is nothing more relaxing than being an adult.

Chandelle

If I had the opportunity to go back in time to give myself advice for the coming years going into college, I would probably first say all the traditional things, study hard, stay focused, all the things my parents tried to tell me while I was in school. Following the comon sense things that everyones parents, teachers, coaches and older siblings say. I think most of my time would be spent on telling myself to make sure to leave room for time with friends and joing clubs, maybe try a new sport or two. Explain that my first smester of school my boyfriend was the main thing I had focused on, later I regretted not also adding time to make close friends and get involved on campus. I'd remind myself that yes studying hard and staying focused is important but so is making a friends and making the most of the expierence of college.

Maria

"College is different from high school," is something every high school teacher says. Honestly believe it! College and high school are two complete different things. In college you are on your own. You motivate yourself to do well, while in high school you get babied around. College teaches you time managment. College offers a lot more things to you. High school work is nothing compared to college work. If you complain in high school then you are not college ready. In college you suck it up and mature about everything that happens. You get treated like the adult you actually are. College might not be free, but there is many scholorships that actually help you out. Every University has a tutoring center that have great tutors that are willing to help students out. College is different, but a great expirence. Number one rule is NO SLACKING OFF and NO PROCASTINATION! Keep away from friends that will only drag you down with them.

Any kind of person that has the ability to want to go to college. Someone with determination to become someone in this world.

Alejandra

My classmates are very helpful to me, they explain what i didn't get from my professor that, day and they also help me study for any tests or quizzes I may have coming up.

Take advantage of all the college classes high school offers you since they are free, so when ever you get to college you won't have to pay for them becasue they are very expensive. Any class that the counclers give you and you think they are hard do not drop them study or ask the teacher to help you out so you can pass them. The day you start college at any college or university you will discover what a really hard class is, and having deadlines for any assignments. You will also discover how expensive school is and you will feel so bad to tell you mom that she will have to pay for them or that you will have to take out a loan. Taking college classes in high school is suppose to be an honer, an advantage, because that means you will not have to take that class in a harder level nor pay for that class either. Start applying for as many scholarships as possible early so that could help you pay for any books or maybe your dorm if you plan to live on campus.

My parents having to pay for my classes is very frustrating because my dad has a high income and that gets me to not get any financial aide.

Alyssa

Better known as TAMIU, this small rising university is best known for its vast education and versatility. As you walk into the university you will instantly feel the peaceful ribe. The tall shady trees and its beautiful wild life surrounds the student body with a stressfree environment. Students recognize this university as being the mother that nutures its child to become strong and independent. TAMIU creates opportunity and enhances the endless possibilities for a better future. Sculpting its students with its diverse staff to be leaders and ignite their minds to make a impact in society itself.

Going back in time, I would tell myself to devote my energy into my school work. Advising myself to be more involved with my school and to lead the study body into being more productive with their high school expierence. Unfortunately, I come from a small town near the border. My high school does not have many clubs or organizations because of its low population. Therefore, I would be more outspoken and creative to organize different school functions in order to promote leadership and student involvement. From my experience, fun and motivational activities enhance the will of students to learn and capture the essence of school. Time would be treasured and spent on studies on and off school. I would take better notes to promote higher level thinking skills and put them to good use. Using questions to access the understanding of the criteria, and will also increase my motivtion, curiosity and interest in the subject. I know from my experinces that motivation is the key to learn more and to retain information longer. Emphasizing on a more postivie attitude to attend school regularly to increase academic achievement. Set higher expectations that could be attainable and never give up.

Highschool senior students its very important for every single one of you to apply for financial aid and to apply for as many scholarships available. College is very important for your future and its the best way to succeed in life. Look for help in school and apply to whatever is available you never know how much money you can get. Getting to the university and moving out from home is a big step but it is totaly worth it. I am an only child and leaving my family was a very hard decision but its going to be worth it when i finish college. I got my freshman year paid thanks for the CAMP scholarship which was given to me as a migrant. When your already at a college take advantage of everything there is help for everything. Try not to slack of and stay on track with all your classes. Wish you luck guys!

My mentors are the best because theyy make me concentrate in school. Also all the professors make me understand in a very easy way.

I tell them that we have very good sports and that we are known world wide for being an international school.

daisy

High school has been an awesome part of your life, where you have known your best friends and helped out people by doing some extracurricular activities. The transiton to college might be challenging and expensive. The right way to overcome those thoughts would be by applying to scholarships and financial aid. Tuition and fees are increasing that is why scholarships are very important. Things that could help you out the transition to college would be to be a dual enrollment student or take some college hours during your high school, so when you go to college you can be ahead and take less classes during your semesters. The best advice would be to take advantage of every organization or college classes that are given to you in high school.

The worst thing about my university is that when you are an incoming freshman there are classes that you have to take ,but does not count for your major. It is a waste of time and money. They don't realize that classes and tuition are expensive in order to take classes that won't count towards your major.

People that are responsible and dedicated should attend Texas A&M International University because classes are sometimes too demanding . College is for students who want to pursue a career, and have to be dedicated in order to reach your goals. Time and money is wasted if you don't take advantage of every resource that is avaible for you.

Alex

As a senior in high school I never really thought that college was going to be as exciting as I made it out to be. Considering the fact that I had already made up my mind about leaving my hometown for college there was always thoughts of how I was going to be able to adjust to a new enviornment and make new friends. I also never took the time to realize that there was going to be plenty other students that were going in to school like me for the first time. The only thing that made me realize that was the day that I got to college and met someone else like me. If there is anything that I would have told myslef it would be not to worry about making new friends because there is plenty of other students in search of new friends as well and that you're not alone.

Texas A&M International University is a very good school but it is still growing, so there is a lot of construction happening on campus. So while you're in class you can hear a lot of noise which can sometimes be destracting.

James

I would tell myself that college is going to be a different world than what you are accustomed to. It will take some time to get use to the fact that things are different but it is those new experiences that make college life interesting. Focus on your goal of a better life through your education. Sometimes things may not go your way or distractions can happen that may cause you to lose focus but think about how far you have come and how far you can go. Enjoy your college life both on campus and off campus because in time you may see this as some of the best days of your life. You can only go as far as you allow yourself to go so aim for the stars and hold on tight to your dreams.

Sheyenne

If I were able to go back to high school and give myself advice about college, I would tell myself to not limit where I choose to go to college based on my financial situation. I would tell myself to apply for any help that I could and to never settle for less than the absolute best!

Texas A & M International University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.