Laredo, TX
Texas A & M International University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas A & M International University

The campus is pretty nice. I see random people taking pictures for special events. There is a alot of International students which that helps toy to get to know more people. Here in campus there is help for everything that you might need. I am very grateful for coming to this university.

I would appreciate my senior year a little better. Also I would encourage myself to apply for all the scholarship that I can apply for. Free money is always good especially when it comes to college. Everything is so expensive and helping my mother out wouldn't hurt at all. To keep up with my grades. When I was a senior I graduated in the top 10% of my class for the only reason that I slacked of thinking that I had it done. Now I really regret it because I would have graduated in the top ten of my senior class.

The only thing that I don't like about my school is that I have to walk almost a mile just to get something to eat. The dorms are far away from the cafeteria area. Another thing is that it's under construction and I have to walk a lot more.

Jamie

I would tell myself to that you don't need to know exactly where you are going to be headed in the right direction. You need to stop planning your life out. Life never goes as planned and if you learn to set goals instead of making plans, there will be less disappointment. Just enjoy the time that you have, work hard and do things that you love. If you do what you love and work hard, eventually you will be walking down the right path. College is suppose to be a time where you find yourself and learn to love yourself. If you stress over how life is suppose be going, you won't truly be living. So go ahead change your major, stay up too late, and learn the most important relationship you will ever have, is with yourself.

Alyanna

I would tell my self to open up your mind and yourself, do not be afraid to try new things, and take advantage of every opportunity. I would advise myself to join more clubs, volunteer, and meet new people because this way you can find your true identity. Through this, you can see the world and the beauty it beholds. You will understand yourself better and know the things that you like and the things that you don't, allowing you to gruadually move closer to growing as an individual and fully understanding what God has planned for you. Eventually you will comprehend that everything that happened in yourlife connects to your destiny. Take your classes more seriously, listen to your elders because they really do know what they're talking about, always be thankful for what you have, and with patience and understanding, have faith that God will lead you towards the right path. Lastly, above all else, listen to yourself and do what makes you happy.

Valerie

The university I attend to is known for the international students that attend the school throughout the school year. Most come to the school for the experience and to become part of a family in the sport they are best at.

If I were to go back in time and give myself advice, there woud be a long list to what I would tell myself. Though i would the most important advice I would give is to keep the grades up. Many peers have the mentality that college is the same as high school. "The teacher will pass me" mentality, but that's what lead many to fail their classes. If i were to have someone to tell me those words I would have probably done much better my senior year of high school and my freshman year of college.

Every person is welcomed and no one is denied to the school.

Ten days after graduating from high school, I left for the United States Marine Corps, and have subsequently been a Marine for the last nine years. In no way do I regret the decision that I made, however, if I were able to sit down with my high school self, I would offer him the following advice: Pursue your continuing education more aggressively while you're on Active Duty. You have so many tools at your disposal, and countless opportunities available to you. Make good use of them! As a Marine, it's easy to get lost in yourself and focus solely on what's best for the Marine Corps, while letting your own needs and self-interests sit on the backburner. Be smart, meet people, network, keep up the thirst for knowledge that you've always had, and never give up. Use your time wisely, because in a few years, you're going to realize how precious it truly is. I can't overexaggerate the importance of a good education, not just for the sake of having a degree, but to better yourself which will in turn, allow you to be a positive influence on those around you.

Selina

Assuming if I ever could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to try and read more on my free time to expand my knowledge of a variety of things. I would also advise myself to be ready for the challenges that are coming up from high school to college, because in all honesty it really is not easy. I would also advise myself to take more challenging courses in academic subjects in high school to be better prepared for college. Another piece of advice I would give myself is to try and take a fourth year of math or if I can start a secong foreign language class to do it.

The worst thing about this university is really nothing. There is always space to study, professors whom are easy to talk to and available at any time, and even computers that are accessible for students to do their work as well.

The kind of person that should not attend this school would be someone who is not committed for furthering their education. A person who is not able to keep up their GPA's and is overall not driven to further their abilities for good job opportunities. People whom are really dedicated in pursuing their jobs with keeping up their attendance as well is very important to be successful in this university.

Eric

Assuming time travel was a factual concept, I have just stepped into a time machine! I am now in Old Forge, PA in 2011. I see myself coming down the hallway. Looking at me in a complete state of confusion is making myself feel a little wiser. I need to go tell myself first of all that none of my old peers are going to be assisting me after graduation. I know it is hard to believe it, but after this Eric, you're your own pal! Now that being said, let's get into responsibilities. First, money management should be taught in high school, because its a lesson learned the hard way. There is not going to be dinner waiting for you when you get home when your at a dorm without mom around. Secondly, laundry adds up faster than a calculator! This may not seem important at first, but all i can say is don't say i did't tell you so (Or should I say, tell "me" so). Last but not least, freedom is a great thing. As long as you do what you have to do, there is nothing more relaxing than being an adult.

Chandelle

If I had the opportunity to go back in time to give myself advice for the coming years going into college, I would probably first say all the traditional things, study hard, stay focused, all the things my parents tried to tell me while I was in school. Following the comon sense things that everyones parents, teachers, coaches and older siblings say. I think most of my time would be spent on telling myself to make sure to leave room for time with friends and joing clubs, maybe try a new sport or two. Explain that my first smester of school my boyfriend was the main thing I had focused on, later I regretted not also adding time to make close friends and get involved on campus. I'd remind myself that yes studying hard and staying focused is important but so is making a friends and making the most of the expierence of college.

Maria

"College is different from high school," is something every high school teacher says. Honestly believe it! College and high school are two complete different things. In college you are on your own. You motivate yourself to do well, while in high school you get babied around. College teaches you time managment. College offers a lot more things to you. High school work is nothing compared to college work. If you complain in high school then you are not college ready. In college you suck it up and mature about everything that happens. You get treated like the adult you actually are. College might not be free, but there is many scholorships that actually help you out. Every University has a tutoring center that have great tutors that are willing to help students out. College is different, but a great expirence. Number one rule is NO SLACKING OFF and NO PROCASTINATION! Keep away from friends that will only drag you down with them.

Any kind of person that has the ability to want to go to college. Someone with determination to become someone in this world.

Texas A & M International University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.