Laredo, TX
Texas A & M International University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas A & M International University

Kelly

Take risks. Don't be afraid of the unknown. Yes, it's scary to leave your family, but there are opportunities waiting for you and they may not be found in your comfort zone. Study hard. I know it may not seem like it now, but what you learn in high school will help you later in life (especially during the chemistry class you'll take in a couple years). Be involved! Try out for that part in the play you won't think you'll get. Join that club where you don't know anyone. It's experiences like these that you'll remember later in life, or regret not taking. Most importantly appreciate your friends. Soon they'll be off in one city and you'll be in another. Don't fight over the little things. Trust me, after not seeing your best friend for six months at a time you'll give anything for those moments again. Finally, find some self confidence. You may feel insignifcant and nerdy compared to the other girls now, but you'll turn out alright. You've got an awesome, maybe even perfect life, now live it.

Miranda

My school is diverse, has great campus life, has amazing professors, and has many organizations to join to help the community...

Miranda, college life is not what you expected it to be whatsoever. It is not care free, although at times it can be fun, it is very stressful. There are so many things you did not expect to experience during your college years. You always assumed it would be just like high school, for you remember how teachers always told you that going into a new grade level gets harder, but it usually never did. And here is where this train of thought will slap you in the face. College is hard and here is some advice I can give you to better prepare yourself. Stay on top of your school work and NEVER procrastinate; you were given slack in high school, but in college fat chance. Also join clubs and organizations for chances at scholarships and for the opportunity to build your resume. Basically that is the best and most important advice I can give you. NEVER procrastinate, and be sure to join clubs and organizations.

The best thing about my school, is its diversity. Since it is an international school, there are students from all around the world, and it is really great to see different people with different cultures other than my own.

divina

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to buckle up because it's not an easy ride like high school is. I would tell myself that I better stop wanting someone to just tell me answers because in college you have to do it yourself. In high school, I would always just wait until the teacher pushed me to do my work. I would tell myself to not do that because in college, if you do not do the work there is no excuses. and you get a zero grade for that assignment. The biggest piece of advice I would tell myself is to stop procrastinating because in college that can really back fire on you, I know from experience. I am now in college and some way procrastination still finds its way upon me. It is not good at all which is why I am learning as I go to make the right decisions because college is nothing at al like high school. When teachers in high school said they were getting us ready for the real world, they really meant it.

Marco

You should put effort in your classes. They might not have to do with engineering, but the more you know the easier it becomes to learn things because of how the brain works. Make sure you try! You can also actually go directly into the school you want to go with a good enough GPA, make sure you put the effort though once you take your college classes. Even the easy classes matter, make sure not to slack on that. It all helps in the learning experience.

The professors really care about the education of their students. They go the extra distance to teach their students.

There isn't much to brag about. I do not brag about the school.

Abigail

We are known for the diversity in languages and ethnic backgrounds.

We are known for the diversity in languages and ethnic backgrounds.

If i could go back to my high school senior year i would tell myself to save as much money as possible. I would tell myself to keep my grades in the uper nineties in order to get more scholarships and financial help. I would tell myself that even though it will be hard with a newborn in my life to keep on moving forward and never give up. I would convince myself into doing everything possible to make my future education easier.

I wish i would've known the amount of dedication it takes to keep my grades up.

Alyssia

Going back in time would serve as a perfect way to correct many mistakes I made. One of the most important things I would consider correcting would be checking in with the advisors the school provided for me and seeking knowledge on scholarship applications and how to obtain help from any private or public organizations available. Although we are aware that school is the most important thing in our present day, one of the most common negative factors is the cost of school and figuring out how to pay for it. Attending school can be the most expensive thing in life, because it consists of things such as, shelter, food, a working vehicle, books and school supplies and most importantly time. Learning about sponsors and financial aid is crucial when one is on the path towards success. The most important advice I would give myself, if traveling back in time was possible, is to figure out ways of how to pay for college and still have money left over to survive. Creating a budget plan, seeking help from family members or other organizations and a good savings account would definately have made the path to success a less rocky road.

kerry

If I could go back in time, I would have a lot to talk to my high school self about. First, I would have to tell myself that life is going to be okay, and every trial and tribulation I went through is only going to make me a stronger person. I would try and tell myself to really think about picking up that first drink and that first drug because that decision had a very negative impact on a great part of my life. I do have to remember I am a stubborn teenager who thinks she knows it all. I would tell myself that it would be in my best interest to pursue college alot earlier than in my forties, that's for sure. I would let myself know that I am somebody important and I don't need to regret the past or shut the door on it. Everything I have done and have experienced has made me the person I am today. So I am not sure i would want to influence myself to change because I would not be the person I am today and I really like me today.

Matthew

College has been the best of times and the worst of times; it requires a special dedication to work that I did not have in high school, and also will provide the greatest friendships and love you will ever know. The best advice I can give is this: do not forget why you are here. Do not forget that there is work to be done and goals to achieve; the friendships will remain strong if they are intended to be, so make sure to focus on your work as well as your relationships. College is definitely hard, the high school teachers don't joke about that, but it is not the work that is hard, it is the struggle to commit to doing your work that is. The transition to college life is not too difficult but requires you to have self-control and avoid the wrong crowds. First and foremost, you are a student, and your goals will change the world if you work towards them. Remain dedicated, as your friends and family want you too, and remember not to give up when it gets hard; keep moving forward no matter what the cost.

Jared

The location of my school is what makes TAMIU unique from other schools. Because of the proximity to the U.S.-Mexico border the lifestyle and culture in Laredo is very different from that of any other campus that I took into consideration for furthering my education.

I would tell myself to take high school more seriously. As an athlete in high school you are given certain privileges, and I took full advantage of those priviliges and then some. If I would have taken high school more seriously in the classroom and on the field of competition I feel I could have better prepared myself for college and the lifestyle that comes with it. I would also tell myself to realize the importance of time management and the importance of being able to do things on your own without needing words of encouragment to make myself do the right thing.

I brag about the school's outstanding campus, and the amount of wild life that is on campus. I also brag about the people that attend this university, because they are the one's that make this university a great place to come to.

Rolando

Knowing myself, I believe that I would at first ask about my personal life if myself from the future came to visit me in the past. But ignoring that, one important thing would be to follow what you want to do: whether it is to become a member of the Student Government Association, a member of the Cross Country & Track team, or a more involved dancer for Texas A&M International University. Another idea would be to make time for yourself, your personal life, your family, and workforce. All in all, the main idea is to follow your dreams at what you want to do and what to be.

Before I entered Texas A&M International University, I did not have a minor, along with my Political Science major, to my Bachelor's Degree. During the end of my first semester, I acquired a Dance minor to my education; however, it did complicate things for my education future, degree, and classes. If there was one thing I wish I had known before I entered the University is what minor I wanted for my college education. I believe it would have not complicated my education if I had chosen the minor beforehand.

At this very moment, I believe that my University has hard-working professors, wonderful mentors, excellent fitness instructors, and the friendly environment; however, the most frustrating thing I believe are the students who are working at the University. Several student-wokers are extremely immature, loud, rowdy, and not very helpful.

Texas A & M International University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.