Galveston, TX
Texas A & M University-Galveston

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas A & M University-Galveston

Kelly

The Marine Biology program is excellent here! A lot of hands on experience is available, and most of the professors have published some sort of research in the field.

Don't look back. Going out of state to school can give me opportunites that I would never had dreamed of at the schools in my home state. I have gotten hands on experience that I will need in my field, and the professors truely care if I succeed. I am not just a number here, like I would have been at a major university. Don't let other people try and keep you from achieving the dreams you've had since you were little. Follow your dreams, even if that means it will take you to a different state, away from your family and friends. They'll always be there, so follow your heart and make your dreams come true.

I wish I would have known just how much the professors expect from you. I knew they'd expect a great deal, but they also will help you to make sure you are doing the best you can.

Casey

Texas A&M at Galveston is a school that encourages education in maritime studies and turns students into conscious honorable students.

As a senior at a texas high school I was stressed about all aspects of college, it was the fear of the unknown. My sister attended the University of Texas back in 2002, since then much of the college scene has changed and my mother was too wrapped up as a single mother and those duties that follow that title to be of much help. Fanacial aid, the application process, ACT, SAT and the list goes on, of the many items that need to be taken care of before school could start, I was going insane. If I could go back and talk to myself last year I would tell myself and others to relax, that everything will work out, staying calm and relaxed is more important to ensure a high quality of life than to be a stressed out useless student. As of now everything has gone smooth, it is almost as my college experience was ment to be (something I did not believe this time last year). I am truly blessed with the turn out of my college endeavors, I have learned that it always pays to stay optimistic about the future.

Texas A&M at Galveston(TAMUG) is a really interesting school for many reasons. it is a very small school with only 1800 students, so the classes are small and personal. Also, the school has a very understanding and unique faculty and staff that work with the students to find solutions to problems that may appear. The best part about TAMUG is that it is on the water. From the campus, the ocean is right there availible for all sorts of activities such as sailing, rowing, wind surfing, or even just chilling on the beach. TAMUG is a cool school.

Jorge

If I could go back to school, and confront myself my senior year, I would tell myself to start learning how to study and to start learning how to manage my time. I f I knew how to do this before I entered college, my first semester would have been much easier. I took a course to learn these skills this passed semester. The course helped me learn what I wished i had learned before I attended college. This is what I would have told myself if I could go back in time my senior year.

I wish I knew how to study. I did not know what to look for when I studied. I either wrote down too many notes or not enough, and this messed up how I studied. My previous school only cared about the standardized testing. If I knew how to study I could have done much better on my tests.

The worst thing about school is setting yourself schedules. It may sound good, but it's not. You have a lot of things to considered when making a schedule for yourself. Setting time aside for studying, time to eat, and time to sleep is really hard to do because you also have to consider social life. Once you put together a schedule it is really hard to stick with it.

Randon

Texas A&M is known for their reputation as a great school. By this I mean the knowledge one will gain while attending is excellent because the professors are experts in their profession. You will also be able to take that knowledge and go into the career field of your choice feeling prepared to apply that gained knowledge.

I would tell myself to go to college so that I will be able to recieve a higher education. Education is a key that will unlock the door to having a successful life. It won't always be easy in college but success does not come without its sacrifices. Next, I would tell myself that you will enjoy this new environment and the freedom that comes with it. There will be new friendships made and activities to attend to like college games. There will be no demands from your professor but only request that you must follow. Your biggest obstacle will be yourself and how much you desire to be successful. Last, I would tell myself to stay focused, have fun, and work hard.

The quality of learning that is received from the professor is excellent. Our small classroom sizes makes it easy to ask the teacher to repeat a statement or if he or she can stay a few minutes after class for extra help. It is easy to receive individual attention and everyone feels like they are a part of the class and not left out.

Krysta

I would tell myself to SLOW DOWN. I had so many big plans and was so ready to rush through my college years. My plans have changed a lot and I have learned that it's better to be open and optomistic about your future. I have rather enjoyed to journey and I remember thinking as soon as I started that I wanted to be done. Since I have been more open-minded, and more laid back I actually have done better in school as far as grades. The stress can be determential to your health and your GPA, but it took me a few semesters to realize that college isn't a blow off like highschool was, but it didn't mean having a heartattack everytime I scored lower then expected. My advice to incoming college freshman is this: You get exactly what you put into college. Those partiers will have a blast with their friends, but their grades will suffer. The study-a-holics will not enjoy their college years and their grades may not reflect the study time put in. It is important to take your classes seriously, but with balanced social life.

Don't worry about leaving home so much. You are going to make so many lifelong friends that you won't be lonely and sad sitting in your room alone. Don't be afraid to talk to anyone, because everyone freshman year is scared just as much as you are.

Our school spirit is amazing. We are more like a family than a group of students and faculty.

The Aggie Network basically assurres you a job after graduation.

Alexandra

My classmates work hard for their grades and are willing to help me out if I have trouble. I do the same thing for them when I can. Most of the people in my class are career minded individuals and either want to start work right after graduation or go to graduate school for a higher degree. Many volunteer in labs to gain experience.

Study hard and take really good notes. Also, work on making new friends. They keep you from getting bored and will help you when you are struggling. To transition better, just be yourself and everything will fall into place. Starting college can be a scary time in life but it is one of those things that you pull through that makes you stronger. Do not expect professors to treat you like fifth graders but like adults. They will not sit there and hand out extra work just for you because you get behind, but if you talk to them, they can recommend supplemental help if you need it. They are not robots set on making life hard. All they do is challenge you and prepare you for the real world which in and of itself is full of challenges to overcome. You can do it!

I brag mostly about how the size of the school is just right for me. I do not like large schools. Also, I let them know that we have some of the highest ranking marine biology classes in the United States.

Kylie

I would tell myself that it is ok to be scared and it is ok to feel out of place because it is a time for change and a time to start a life of my own. And even though I am leaving home doesn't mean that I can't go back home and it doesn't mean that it is no longer my home. Eventually I will find my place and enjoy where I am and what I am doing. College is difficult and at times extemely stressful, but I will get through it because I know I can do it.

its very hard to get into town if you do not own a car because there is no public transportation.

someone who is interested in anything that has to do with the water. marine engeniering, marine biology, marine transportation, etc.

IT IS A HELL HOLE, WORST PLACE ON EARTH!

IT IS A HELL HOLE, WORST PLACE ON EARTH!

Make sure that you make visits while school is in session so that you can truly get a feel for the university and the students who attend.

I wish i would have known that the students here would be very unwelcoming, unfocused and rude and that the campus and city surrounding the campus would be like a ghost town, especially after Hurricane Ike. I had a TERRIBLE experience here and am SO excited that I was able to transfer to College Statiom for the Upcoming Fall of 2009 semester.

Ben

I don't want your schooliar ship. I'm a graduate of spring 2009.

Connected to College Station, TX so I still get my Aggie Ring. Comming from the Maritime Academy I'm going to have a job making $30000-$40000 a year working only 6 months a year. And it was easy with the support of the professors.

Texas A & M University-Galveston administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.